Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kaysette posted:

More deets on the claptrap drama:

https://www.newsweek.com/borderlands-3-claptrap-voice-actor-david-eddings-randy-pitchford-1422396

Randy seems like exactly the dude who’d give a subordinate a wet willy.

psycho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I dunno if anyone else has posted this, but it's a google doc of all known BL3 Legendaries and Red Text/Powers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/edit#gid=0

I can't help but notice that a couple of the CoV legendaries are references to Krieg

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It's very inside-baseball industry stuff but this piece in Variety about Pitchford's meltdown and Eddings's accusations gives some good insight into the practical real-life consequences of Twitter drama.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I dunno if anyone else has posted this, but it's a google doc of all known BL3 Legendaries and Red Text/Powers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/edit#gid=0

I can't help but notice that a couple of the CoV legendaries are references to Krieg
How the hell is this information pieced together? Hasn't there only been, like, one gameplay video?

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

DaveKap posted:

How the hell is this information pieced together? Hasn't there only been, like, one gameplay video?

After the May 1 gameplay reveal, they opened the game up to 200 twitch streamers that were at the event for 3 hours (two 90 minute sessions). One of the things the streamers could do was hit a button on the keyboard and have the game just spit out random guns, which they'd then run around with and test.

Some of them are repeats (Conference Call, Thunderball Fists, the Bitch, etc.), so their effects are pretty well known. Others got extrapolated from observable effects.

Of course, there's no guarantee that any of this is gonna work like that in the final game, but I'd imagine at this point they're not likely to change too much of that stuff around.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Some interesting changes is that the baby maker now is a pistol and the ogre is now a vladof rifle

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kaysette posted:

More deets on the claptrap drama:

https://www.newsweek.com/borderlands-3-claptrap-voice-actor-david-eddings-randy-pitchford-1422396

Randy seems like exactly the dude who’d give a subordinate a wet willy.

You know what, gently caress me for making that joke.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 11, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Do we really need to speculate on possible disgusting things Randy does? Is it not enough what he does in public? :yikes:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I heard Randy can only achieve orgasm by killing a dog.

That's just a rumor I heard somewhere.

(yes I recycled a Penny Arcade joke from roughly a decade ago)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Randy is just ein sexmonster, not a Sarah Huckabee Sanders

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Unlucky7 posted:

:goonsay:

One thing I wished that happened during a quest is that during the final standoff between the Hodunks and the Zafords, if you wait long enough they would eventually grok that you have been playing both sides and unite to take you out,
If you have the Handsome Jack collection, play the Mad Moxxi & The Wedding Day Massacre DLC.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I just did a playthrough of BL2, not doing Lynchwood or the DLC. Does the DLC adjust to your level or is it going to be too easy unless I go in on NG+? I gather Lynchwood is fixed level.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just did a playthrough of BL2, not doing Lynchwood or the DLC. Does the DLC adjust to your level or is it going to be too easy unless I go in on NG+? I gather Lynchwood is fixed level.

Nothing adjusts to your level until NG+. The DLC is higher level than the main game though, I think. Might depend on the specific DLC, it's been a while.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ZombyDog posted:

If you have the Handsome Jack collection, play the Mad Moxxi & The Wedding Day Massacre DLC.

The punchline to the whole thing might be my favorite in the entire series. :allears:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

The DLC, like all areas, adjust to your level based on a range in NVHM. I forget Lynchwood's range, but the DLC is either 15-35 (most of it) or 30-35 (I think just Tiny Tina).

TVHM has a different range but I don't recall the specifics. UVHM is just always locked to 50 or your level, whatever's higher.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I think it's two DLCs at the lower range and two at the higher range, but I don't remember exactly which pairs.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I guess I'll just try them and abandon if it's too easy.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I recall that I went to Tiny Tina's before going to TVHM and got my rear end severely beaten for it. Did the DLC in order, but that one's enemies were still a higher level than I'd gotten through the rest of the content.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

I think it's two DLCs at the lower range and two at the higher range, but I don't remember exactly which pairs.

I went and looked it up. All of these numbers are for your first playthrough, NVHM.

Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt (DLC3) and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (DLC4) are 30-35.

Digistruct Peak (from the UVHM2 DLC) is always 35.

Creature Slaughterdome is 20-35.

All of the rest of the DLC areas are 15-35.

On TVHM, all of the DLC scales to your level except Creature Slaughterdome (which has the same level as the quest to rescue Bloodwing) and IIRC Digistruct Peak (which I never fool around with really). On UVHM, it all always scales to your level or 50, whichever is higher.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/05/11/landon-montgomery-randy-pitchford-allegations/amp/

More on Randy assaulting and harassing Eddings.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

this is just a blog post summarizing the same newsweek article, no new revelations

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If it's not a story about Randy towel whipping that fellow in a changing room then what is even the point.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've been saying since the Randy poo poo first came up in that allegation that there will be more and it'll only be worse and it really kinda sucks because borderlands is a great series being tainted by a creepo relic of 90s PC games

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Donovan Trip posted:

I've been saying since the Randy poo poo first came up in that allegation that there will be more and it'll only be worse and it really kinda sucks because borderlands is a great series being tainted by a creepo relic of 90s PC games

Oh for sure. It's a pattern of behavior and while I expect it to continue I don't see why any part of it is a surprise. To anybody.

If anything was going to undo Randy I thought it would have been angry Sega after the Aliens game where funds were siphoned off to Borderlands 2. Ahem, Allegedly.

I think the general public really doesn't care that much.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Oh for sure. It's a pattern of behavior and while I expect it to continue I don't see why any part of it is a surprise. To anybody.

If anything was going to undo Randy I thought it would have been angry Sega after the Aliens game where funds were siphoned off to Borderlands 2. Ahem, Allegedly.

I think the general public really doesn't care that much.

No they don't and why should they? Long term though Randy is a Weinstein of video games and this will play out like that over decades. Some day I hope everyone like Randy is out of this business, at the same time it's only been the last 2 years we've had a remotely authoritative video game press/public. He just sucks and I want him to gently caress off.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just gave the first game a quick playthrough. The ending was, uh, not great. Firstly I assumed I'd get a vending machine to clear my inventory then I just sort of shot it with my second best gun (out of SMG ammo on Mercenary Siren) and it died without really doing anything. I was underleveled if anything.

DLC seems good though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just gave the first game a quick playthrough. The ending was, uh, not great.

Yeah the ending of BL1 was a decently common joke until ME3 decided to take over the bad ending spotlight.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kaysette posted:

Yeah the ending of BL1 was a decently common joke until ME3 decided to take over the bad ending spotlight.

Kind of a different thing, ME3 what away a 3 game build, BL1 just kind of doesn't bother, coupled with an apparently underpowered boss.

But I'm doing Armoury of General Knoxx now and it's pretty enjoyable, seems to have much more in common with BL2.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Kind of a different thing, ME3 what away a 3 game build, BL1 just kind of doesn't bother, coupled with an apparently underpowered boss.

But I'm doing Armoury of General Knoxx now and it's pretty enjoyable, seems to have much more in common with BL2.

BL1 has about an hour of plot: the first half hour of the game and the last.
I don't actually remember the final boss of BL1, I stepped away from my keyboard for a minute when the final cutscene started and the boss was dead by the time I got back.

General Knoxx was definitely the best part of BL1, or at least the best DLC.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
General Knox owned and the exploit to skip the timer or whatever was totally put in on purpose.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.dualshockers.com/terminal-cancer-patient-is-getting-to-play-borderlands-3-early/

Man, some people get all of the luck

(ALTERNATE JOKE DO NOT READ UNTIL BORDERLANDS 3 IS RELEASED AND ONLY IN CASE IT'S BAD: this is cruel, haven't they suffered enough?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Target Practice posted:

General Knox owned and the exploit to skip the timer or whatever was totally put in on purpose.

It wasn’t put in on purpose but they purposefully didn’t fix it after it was discovered

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

It wasn’t put in on purpose but they purposefully didn’t fix it after it was discovered

That attitude changed with 2.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

That attitude changed with 2.

Yeah, it was a pretty big bummer to have pre-release interviews for 2 be all “we’re erring on the side of the players being overpowered” but then they nerfed the Bee, released bullet-sponge DLC areas, and then instead of fixing Zero’s awful melee tree they just told you to gently caress off and buy Krieg.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

There’s a difference between a bug that lets you farm a bunch of chests and a bug that lets you kill any and all enemies in a few seconds

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

There’s a difference between a bug that lets you farm a bunch of chests and a bug that lets you kill any and all enemies in a few seconds

Iirc they patched the Scarlett treasure room multiple times.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah, it was a pretty big bummer to have pre-release interviews for 2 be all “we’re erring on the side of the players being overpowered” but then they nerfed the Bee, released bullet-sponge DLC areas, and then instead of fixing Zero’s awful melee tree they just told you to gently caress off and buy Krieg.

the bee was bad for BL2 even after the nerf. the fact that it was still allowed to be OP with unlisted pellets is probably a large part of why UVHM and the OP levels were tuned so ridiculously high

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Slag is way more to blame than the bee for how UVHM is but I fully agree that nerfing OP gear is way better than balancing around them

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Rinkles posted:

Iirc they patched the Scarlett treasure room multiple times.

For the life of me I can’t understand why they didn’t just make the “Do it again” mission repeatable if you give that NPC like 20 eridum or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Why in all the goddamn is the Underdome DLC so long, five rounds with 5 waves on each of the 3 maps is one thing but who the gently caress thought 20 rounds for the next set was a good idea.