Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I didn't know Magic discouraged Ingram shooting from deep.

Interested to see how a Lowry to LA trade would work, Ujiri's not an idiot so he might actually get something...but I also feel like that means they'd wave bye to Lonzo despite Kyle's age

Even before he got rid of Jim and Mitch when he was hired the first thing he did was do an interview where he talked about how he spoke to Ingram and asked him to focus on attacking the rim, and over the years he reinforced that he liked Ingram attacking the basket. It's funny because his teammates talk about Ingram being this great practice shooter but in game if he misses one three he stops taking them.

Kibner posted:

Nah, we cool.

Good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

I don't like pairing Lonzo with Zion, Ingram has a ton of questions left to answer and only a single season left to have them answered before his first big contract, Kuzma is older and nearly at his peak and is still awful at defense and not good enough at offense to overcome if.

RJ Barrett may possibly one day be as good as Ingram but the Pels won't have to be tied to as big of a contract with him in order to find out. The other Knicks guys are whatever, but they are also cheaper for longer.

The Knicks also have a couple Dallas picks which may be better than any other future picks being offered.

I'd rather try to trade for Nets players (like LaVert) + a pick from them than anything the Knicks have to offer. The sooner Mavs pick that the Knicks have is the better/unprotected one. At the very least, the Pelicans should consider waiting to see how the offseason goes for Dallas. It's too bad Latvia isn't in this summer's basketball world cup. That could have been a decent place for Porzingis to shake off some of the rust.

I've come around to being pumped the Pelicans got Zion. I'm excited to see how they build around Zion and happy for what he can do for NOLA.

Also, I'm sure almost nobody here care but I just learned the EuroLeague Final Four is this weekend. No idea where you can stream it yet in it but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find online.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 18, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Even before he got rid of Jim and Mitch when he was hired the first thing he did was do an interview where he talked about how he spoke to Ingram and asked him to focus on attacking the rim, and over the years he reinforced that he liked Ingram attacking the basket. It's funny because his teammates talk about Ingram being this great practice shooter but in game if he misses one three he stops taking them.

A big part of his appeal as a prospect was that he was a tall guy who could shoot threes too. He got a lot better at the other stuff than I would have expected him too but it's bizzare that he doesn't even want to attempt more.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is ingram ok? i thought the illness that caused him to miss the rest of the season was pretty serious.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

R.D. Mangles posted:

is ingram ok? i thought the illness that caused him to miss the rest of the season was pretty serious.

The surgery should prevent the blood clots from forming again.

e: if the Pels get him, maybe he will recover and and build up his career like Drew Brees

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1129767919297159170?s=19

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

There goes the bronze medals.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i cant believe lamar odom would disgrace usa athletics by using the dangerous and extremely performance enhancing drug known as marihuana

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm happy to have the whizzinator back in my life

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I remember when Jim Rome was fascinated by it for one or two mon...years so this fake dick is a nostalgic thing.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1130133548885774338

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sounds like Gayle is serious about turning the Pelicans into a respected franchise.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
i don't know anything about that guy specifically but always good to get someone from a team that's doing a good job.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

i don't know anything about that guy specifically but always good to get someone from a team that's doing a good job.

Spurs assistant Jim Boylen

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1130278817401065474?s=19

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

He was apparently someone in running to be a full-fledged GM for other teams this off-season. A relatively hot name.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

since the rockets arent gonna contend for a 'chip can we just do this and get it written in that they have to play actually fun like they did the first d'antoni season here

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
D’Antoni’s yearly demand for an extension no matter how good or bad a job he did is something I don’t miss.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

D’Antoni’s yearly demand for an extension no matter how good or bad a job he did is something I don’t miss.

To be honest, we ditched him right before we started to get players who he could have developed

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1130470950900850688?s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1130439580497453058

hell yeah

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1130474862705819648?s=19

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

http://m.startribune.com/ryan-saunders-named-timberwolves-head-coach/510158302/

This is Very Good News, imo.

Other Very Good News, imo:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1130467161871400960

The Nets losing some front office people makes me sad, but they're going to teams that I like, which makes me glad.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/1130487791543037953?s=21

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I thought he did a pretty decent job.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

I thought he did a pretty decent job.

Yeah, he did. I'd have liked to see how he would have done with Robco being alive this season, as the Wolves D looked decent with him while Thibs was around.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Timberwolves' facebook page has a picture of Mitch Creek working out with the team today and that made me happy, along with a picture of KAT with dreadlocks wearing a headband. What's the deal with Mitch, anyway? He didn't have much of a chance to prove what he could do since all his minutes were garbage time well after we were out of the playoffs.

Lockback posted:

Yeah, he did. I'd have liked to see how he would have done with Robco being alive this season, as the Wolves D looked decent with him while Thibs was around.
RoCo being perma-hurt really loving sucked. He does a lot for the team and I'm very excited for next season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Casual reminder that RoCo didn't play a single game in 2019.

He and Towns seemed to gel almost instantly on the defensive end, if he's healthy next year that's huge.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

scuz posted:

What's the deal with Mitch, anyway? He didn't have much of a chance to prove what he could do since all his minutes were garbage time well after we were out of the playoffs.

He's a 6'5" Power Forward. He's probably not an actual NBA player but probably is nice to have around to keep practices uptempo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Zion also appears to be on #teampetty

https://twitter.com/PhilJFry5/status/1130537935533690882?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Somewhere or other I heard a decent case made for the fact that Zion's people probably are as anxious to get AD out as AD is to get out and it makes sense to me.

Rick fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 20, 2019

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

Somewhere or other I heard a decent case made for the fact that Zion's people probably are as anxious to get AD out as AD is to get out and it makes sense to me.

AD's group probably also doesn't want to get shown up in endorsements by someone who hasn't even played a season for the team, either.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1130561507161497601

:swoon: Way too excited to have the head coach thing nailed down so that Saunders can get to work. The fact that Wiggins is sticking around the team this off-season is probably the last shot he has at being respected by anyone else that plays basketball.

Lockback posted:

He's a 6'5" Power Forward. He's probably not an actual NBA player but probably is nice to have around to keep practices uptempo.
And he came all the way back from Australia to practice with the team in May, so he really wants that job.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Of all the crazy things Earvin said today, one that stands out to me is that apparently the Lakers draft team had settled on Mitchell Robinson and he overruled them to pick Wagner.

I do like Wagner but Robinson would've been a better fit for the Lakers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
this has nothing to do with ball but look at this poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1130609253272760321?s=21

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Metapod posted:

this has nothing to do with ball but look at this poo poo

Is that the view out your bedroom window? :aaa:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Metapod please don't get sucked away in a tornado.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The B_36 posted:

Is that the view out your bedroom window? :aaa:

No that's the news. They also showed a double helix nado that then fused together that was sick

Rick posted:

Metapod please don't get sucked away in a tornado.

I'm the master of wind I could never be seen doing such a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Metapod posted:

I'm the master of wind I could never be seen doing such a thing

Well then at least don't get noggined by a three inch wide (:eek:) piece of hail.