Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

So apparently Star vs The Forces of Evil really poo poo the bed with it's finale, so that's probably going to make certain sites I frequent pretty intolerable for at least a couple days

Dias posted:

I decided to watch Utena on a whim (well, because I'm watching the buttstone Kappa anime whose name I never remember and is by the same guy) and it looks very 90s and I'm intrigued.

what are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

what are you talking about?

anime

it's always anime

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I saw Detective Pikachu and it's really wonderful and surprisingly wholesome :)
I thought it moved too fast even for a kids movie. I enjoyed it but felt it was too predictable for a rewatch short of having kids, in which case you suck it up because it's much better than most kids movies.

Also, I posted earlier about how I haven't played Boxboy + Boxgirl or Shakedown: Hawaii yet. I did what everyone in my situation does: bought more games like an idiot. Congrats to me for trying to figure out time to play the Capcom Beat Em Up bundle (on sale!), Shovel Knight, and Golf Story.

If anyone wants a book to read, I just got through The Trials of Lenny Bruce and it was fascinating. It comes with a superfluous CD but you can skip it. He's... not very funny but he's very important to what comedy is today, and his downfall via the American justice system is a great story if not so, so sad.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

E: wrong thread lol

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 19, 2019

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chernobyl is good

Anime is bad

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

john wick chapter 4 when

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Utena is very 90s.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
John Wick was incredible. Anime is also good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drrockso20 posted:

So apparently Star vs The Forces of Evil really poo poo the bed with it's finale, so that's probably going to make certain sites I frequent pretty intolerable for at least a couple days

I'm so used to series I love the hell out of making GBS threads the bed I can't even get that mad about it afterwards. Like CW's Flash season finales. I know Barry is gonna do something exceedingly hosed up to Iris. Its the way of the tv series.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm a big fan of the heavy blade. Swinging a big axe is very satisfying. Also I hope you're using Kassandra she is the best.

I'll try that out. And Hell yeah I chose Kassandra(aka BDE). Tho I might go back do the dude on the replay to do all the morally bad choices.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A single, solitary Game of Thrones spoiler follows, the most important thing to happen in the finale: HE PATTED THE DOGGY! :neckbeard:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

A single, solitary Game of Thrones spoiler follows, the most important thing to happen in the finale: HE PATTED THE DOGGY! :neckbeard:

pretty much the only things i liked in that episode were patting the dog, and writing the deeds

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

pretty much the only things i liked in that episode were patting the dog, and writing the deeds

Bronn got his castle!

But let's be honest, the only good series finale ever was Newhart.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I never watch the final scene of any TV series, I just turn it off and assume it ends with Bob waking up in bed with his wife. v:shobon:v

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CobiWann posted:

Bronn got his castle!

TNG :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Leftovers

12 Monkeys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Season 5 of The Wire had problems, but I still think the ending is superb.

It WOULD have been improved by turning out to be a Bob Newhart dream, of course.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CobiWann posted:

Bronn got his castle!

TNG, DS9, Law & Order, Babylon 5, Homicide: Life on the Street, Frasier, Cheers, Breaking Bad, MASH, The Wire, 30 Rock, Twin Peaks...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip to scud legend niki lauda

everyone go watch rush, its a loving amazing movie

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok, before this goes there.
Every episode of a sitcom that directly ties into an episode of "St. Elsewhere" is Tommy Westphall's fanfiction of that show incorporating his St. Elsewhere OCs.
As he would watch those shows on TV.
There, the Westphall virus has been contained.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Season 5 of The Wire had problems, but I still think the ending is superb.

It WOULD have been improved by turning out to be a Bob Newhart dream, of course.
The only problem season 5 had is it had to follow season 4.

Season 2 underrated!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Season 2 was my favorite until season 4 which may be the best single season of television ever made.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

season 5 is the weakest but really it's fine except for like, the newspaper arc which is by far the worst thing of the show, and carcetti just becoming a caricature

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, season 5 is the "worst" season of The Wire but that still puts it up there with some of the best television ever made. That show was ridiculously good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only liked season 1

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, season 5 is the "worst" season of The Wire but that still puts it up there with some of the best television ever made. That show was ridiculously good.
I agree. The Wire is in rarified television existence where the idea that there's a "worst" season is a difficult concept since they're all so very good. Even with their flaws.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in my last post i was talking about a different show from the wire but i can't remember what show it was.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

season 5 was shorter and it meant a lot of the arcs felt kinda rushed compared to the other seasons, where a plot thread might not be brought up for an episode or two and then come back to bite someone in the rear end

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The episode of The Next Generation where Data wears a sombero is the best single episode of television period.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

Season 2 was my favorite until season 4 which may be the best single season of television ever made.

Who gives whiskey to a duck imo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Von Linus posted:

Who gives whiskey to a duck imo.

My favorite part of that is that the other stevedores are having a great time and cheering him on and encouraging him to do wackier and wackier poo poo. Then when the inevitable happens they're all,"What the gently caress is that guy's problem? Who would do something so stupid? Doesn't he know any better?" about him.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite part of that is that the other stevedores are having a great time and cheering him on and encouraging him to do wackier and wackier poo poo. Then when the inevitable happens they're all,"What the gently caress is that guy's problem? Who would do something so stupid? Doesn't he know any better?" about him.

It's all a laugh until the duck becomes foie gras.

Season 2 was my favourite as a standalone, Season 4 was the best for the build from other seasons being worked in.

I loved Frank Sobotka and my heart broke for him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:negative:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
:omarcomin:

Omar was legit one of the greatest characters in the history of television

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My wife - "I lived in Baltimore during the early 90's. The Wire isn't a television show, it's a documentary."

Edit - drat it, now I'm going to spend the holiday weekend on a rewatch...

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 21, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey a rewatch of The Wire might be just the kind of breezy, fun and uplifting show I need after the latest episode of Chernobyl! :gonk:

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
IDGAF about MMA and stuff but I thought this was an interesting read...

https://multimedia.scmp.com/infographics/sport/article/3010883/bruce-lee-and-mixed-martial-arts/index.html

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

Hey a rewatch of The Wire might be just the kind of breezy, fun and uplifting show I need after the latest episode of Chernobyl! :gonk:

The singer from Stakka Bo directed that, which I find UNBELIEVABLE.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I really need to sit down and watch that show. I've legit heard nothing but good things about it.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 21, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is a really neat read, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

CobiWann posted:

I really need to sit down and watch that show. I've legit heard nothing but good things about it.
Please note that one of its downfalls when it aired live was it's impossible to follow at first. It'll all fully start to click and make sense around episode 7 or 8 of season 1. Putting in the work will be completely worth it.