Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
RIP Zari.

Oh boy and next season is stopping Really loving Awful People Run Amok, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Not gonna lie, if they really did dump Z that's some bullshit.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

howe_sam posted:

I'm hoping they didn't. Who knows what will happen with crisis, maybe she gets written back in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Ahahahaha, the Monitor eating popcorn :allears:

This and Vandal Savage were the best parts.

howe_sam posted:

Quick google search suggests that the actress will be back, but current Zari is gone. Maybe she plays another version of Zari or a new character

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Definitely the best season finale featuring a dragon.

Seriously, who’d have thought the most poignant and fulfilling finale would be Legends of Tomorrow ?!?

Anyone who reads this thread, I guess.

Although Doom Patrol still has a chance to one-up it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Yea, I am not happy about this at all.

And I just KNOW they're going to pretend that we all care about Zari's brother like he was always there.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'm legit more concerned about Zari than I was about any GoT character by a loving light year

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Quick google search suggests that the actress will be back, but current Zari is gone. Maybe she plays another version of Zari or a new character

Well that's okay then.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Honestly, when I saw Zari's brother show up, I immediately got the impression that this was a temporary state of affairs and that she would be back, so...yeah, no surprise there?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Nooooo, take Nate, not Zari! :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Slandible posted:

Nooooo, take Nate, not Zari! :(

Take Nate and Mona.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Poor Nate just can't get a girlfriend that isn't promptly ripped from him by the time stream.

edit: then again I guess it's not his own fault that the ladies of Legends seem to consist exclusively of chronal anomalies and a bisexual captain in a committed relationship

Chokes McGee posted:

It's not a spoiler since it's already been shown on Arrow. (I think)

But yes, the Monitor poofing in and being like "THERE IS A WAR COMING, I HAVE COME TO TEST—" and then seeing a dragon chasing the crew around the ship as Sarah is yelling at Gideon to give her the details about a juggalo obtaining a magic stone and creating the United Clowns of Amerika while Nate dresses up in full makeup would be amazing

just a brief pause followed by "nope" and warping out

Good job almost calling it.

Zebulon posted:

RIP Zari.

Oh boy and next season is stopping Really loving Awful People Run Amok, I see.

I guess, but wasn't that what most of season 2 was? I mean I guess it wasn't all awful people, but just "bad man in wrong time" feels like a step down. Then again I don't know how you'd step up from "killing a demon followed by a resurrection via the power of love"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 21, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zebulon posted:

Was that loving Vandal Savage.

I saw that post, thought I had to keep my eyes out for an ester egg in some quick shot, was not expecting the result.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I saw that post, thought I had to keep my eyes out for an ester egg in some quick shot, was not expecting the result.

They did it. They absolutely loving did it. They redeemed Vandal Savage from Season 1’s dreck! That was fantastic. That was the Savage we deserved all along.

Hawkfolks are still garbage until otherwise proven though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/lotwritersroom/status/1130663887475339266?s=21

They missed a prime opportunity to put an eye on the cake.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I guess, but wasn't that what most of season 2 was? I mean I guess it wasn't all awful people, but just "bad man in wrong time" feels like a step down. Then again I don't know how you'd step up from "killing a demon followed by a resurrection via the power of love"

There's definitely a lot of famous evil people in that pile of coins, but I'd wager it's also a way for them to pull out old villains to show up on Legends that were explicitly killed like Merlyn, Dahrk, Savage, Snart, etc.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
There's one coin that says Eobard Thawne that keeps fading in and out of existence and Astra's like "what the hell is wrong with this thing?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

There's one coin that says Eobard Thawne that keeps fading in and out of existence and Astra's like "what the hell is wrong with this thing?"

On the opposite side of that coin (:razz:), do Time Remnants count as separate souls from their creator? Because if so then there's like 80 Eobards kicking around down there, and about five Barrys too by this point.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

On the opposite side of that coin (:razz:), do Time Remnants count as separate souls from their creator? Because if so then there's like 80 Eobards kicking around down there, and about five Barrys too by this point.

Yeah but also a bunch of Zooms

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
god bless this silly, amazing show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yeah but also a bunch of Zooms

If you die on an alternate Earth, do you go to that Earth's Heaven/Hell, or do you go back to your native Earth's one? Or is there only one afterlife across the multiverse?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Loved how Perky WC became in her Supergirl get up. Loved the bromance between all the guys incl Vandal Savage, no one can stand against Nice Ray's rays of nice. Bye Zari, see you soon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Internet always delivers

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Ahhh that finale had just about everything I like; it had the best cameo from The Monitor out of all the shows, Tom Wilson coming back, a Power of Music ending, and a really silly plan that by all rights should never have worked.

The only thing more that I could have asked for is for Tabitha to have survived, or at least gone out in a better way that getting unceremoniously chomped; Jane Carr is so great.

I don't think there's any way Zari is gone; it didn't come across as a proper ending for her at all. With luck they'll find a way to restore her memories instead of having to recruit an alt-Zari.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Zebulon posted:

To be fair Vandal Savage wasn't the especially bad part of season 1. Remember the eps with him just chillin' in 1950s suburbia?

I love Randal!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm down with this
https://twitter.com/allisonshoe/status/1130649792193933312

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/lamonicagarrett/status/1130660589250859009
I don't know, the thought of popcorn kernel husks getting stuck in the caramel doesn't sound that good to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That made me realize I am way too emotionally invested in Zari. If they don't bring her back as she was I will write so many mean tweets!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Zari is great, she does so much that I forget she actually has a super power and I'm constantly surprised when she suddenly shoots out a tornado.

Bring back, Zari Cat!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burning_Monk posted:

Zari is great, she does so much that I forget she actually has a super power and I'm constantly surprised when she suddenly shoots out a tornado.

I rather enjoyed that they used her as a wind machine for their promo video.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They're going to bring the new version of Zari who doesn't know who any of them are. Nate will have clones of his two loves on the ship. Time to move on to Sarah.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

It's worth a percent of a percent as much as Barry's though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zari was basically reduced to "Nate's love interest" this season so I'm happy if they give the character/actress something better to do.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/talaashe/status/1130854784372576262
SHE INCLUDED ZARICAT!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
That's an alignment chart I can get behind.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Something I may have missed, spoiler tags just in case:

Did Constantine grab his own soul from Neron's vault while he was there? I don't remember it happening or if they said why he didn't / couldn't.

Even though he's there to help Ray, I can't imagine him not taking the chance to free himself from his eventual damnation.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So....was that a future version of Zari where she transitioned to a man, or an entirely different person?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bring back old gbs posted:

So....was that a future version of Zari where she transitioned to a man, or an entirely different person?

Her brother. Remember, she only got the captain planet wind ring because he died.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

That was definitely her brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

What? That was her brother. The one who had the talisman before Zari did. The one who, if the Legends changed the timeline and erased Zari's dystopian timeline where her brother dies and leaves her the talisman, would still have that talisman and, therefore, be the one on the Waverider with the Legends. They laid all that out pretty clearly.