Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Leal posted:

"Why was this public?" Cause Jared made it public.

It's this. He started it trying to play it off as just a normal divorce, she had to jump in to say 'yooooo what the gently caress that dude's an abusive predator who hosed my friend' because he was trying to play mr sensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

whatever sympathy i had for Holly is rapidly dwindling

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. best part is you KNOW she dressed like that for him, hell maybe they both dressed up. lol

"look holly, I am going to send nudes to minors"

"aww Mista PJ, your so thoughtful"

Jesus dude

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Can we stop with the creepy poo poo in the thread please?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holly out here winning Meltdown May.

https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1130640637802504192?s=19

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow, Holly's not good at defending people, huh? "Look at her bragging about how she hosed over HER CHEATING HUSBAND"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

All this talk about public airing of private matters makes me concerned about a lot of poo poo I see on YouTube. The Trending tab frequently sports videos of couples sharing their marriage plans with viewers, and even discussing how their parents reacted? Or more disturbing lily white nuclear families vlogging practically their whole personal lives. You know, people with young children.

Am I overreacting here? I can’t help but feel like we’re gonna hear from these kids how hosed up and staged their lives were because daddy needed more views.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was disappointed that Jared was so clearly half assing his attempt to Tweet Through It, so I'm glad Holly's here to pick the slack up.

NOT HIS GOLD YOUTUBE BUTTON!!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ArfJason posted:

Jesus dude

lol, i was just trying and failing to be funny. i am more pissed i don't know how to type in a hamil joker style.

thats some trump level brain melting tweets.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

sexpig by night posted:

NOT HIS GOLD YOUTUBE BUTTON!!!!

Heidi couldn't find it because the play buttons automatically teleport back to Youtube HQ if the sub numbers drop below the play button's sub requirement

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of how we went from, "Wow, this really shouldn't be public" to immediately "OK now let's all further dissect and dunk on the people involved, even though it's all basically the same thing over and over."

Here's some non-Jared content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiBdccfNkg
In case anyone missed it in the Jaredpalooza, here's Lindsay's cool video about the marketing of Aladdin, but mostly about how Robin Williams was a cool dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC7KwIesymA
Nyx Fears is doing a series of blind reading creepypasta, and makes fun of her friend for continuing to watch Spongebob into college age.

Leonard French, your favorite copyright attorney, has been covering quite a lot of legal shenanigans:

The Watchtower is suing reddit in an attempt to get the identity of a Jehovah's Witness who has posted some stuff they don't like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIKrpQrORpo

Adobe is threatening lawsuits over old versions of their products, apparently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGatGGTCeBE

Y'all remember the "Games as Service is FRAUD" video a while back? He analyzes that in a short and then a looooong deep dive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpgT_EdtAW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxnnMPxEu4

Also here's a Phelous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HBLYCAhdsc

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1130640640352628736

https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1130640642466557953

https://twitter.com/HollyConrad/status/1130640644999974914

:holymoley: those are some takes right there. Ross dodged one hell of a bullet by throwing this trash heap of a person out.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 21, 2019

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pants Donkey posted:

All this talk about public airing of private matters makes me concerned about a lot of poo poo I see on YouTube. The Trending tab frequently sports videos of couples sharing their marriage plans with viewers, and even discussing how their parents reacted? Or more disturbing lily white nuclear families vlogging practically their whole personal lives. You know, people with young children.

Am I overreacting here? I can’t help but feel like we’re gonna hear from these kids how hosed up and staged their lives were because daddy needed more views.

it's going to be a rough ride

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...20T12%3A00%3A07

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bonaventure posted:

i'm beginning to suspect that Professional Jared isn't very professional at all!

:hmmyes:

Counter point: DO talk about shithead cheaters who use their internet fame to prey on minors, instead of Doug Walker'ing it and yell "stop talking about it" and leave the assholes smelling like roses.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

chapo talked to some lefty streamer about that. the opinion is since alot of these alt right types treat their videos as basicaly one sided conversations where they just talk into the camera for an hour or 10, it has a weird personal appeal to alot of zoomers who don't have real experiences with people irl.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leal posted:

Counter point: DO talk about shithead cheaters who use their internet fame to prey on minors, instead of Doug Walker'ing it and yell "stop talking about it" and leave the assholes smelling like roses.

plus id rather talk about lovely people drama like jared and holly because its different then "what stupid poo poo did boogie/channel awsome/etc do this week", because as fun as that is, that well ran bone dry.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Leal posted:

gently caress you buddy, nobody is doug walkering poo poo. I just don't want to read about loving Harley Quinn fantasies involving a loving paedo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress you buddy, nobody is doug walkering poo poo. I just don't want to read about loving Harley Quinn fantasies involving a loving paedo.

ok i am genuinly sorry for that image. it was a poor taste joke.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hope they don't delete the doodle doods episodes with Holly in them because while she sucks, oney's drawings of her poo poo birds were hilarious

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Look at this pedophile lol.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

chapo talked to some lefty streamer about that. the opinion is since alot of these alt right types treat their videos as basicaly one sided conversations where they just talk into the camera for an hour or 10, it has a weird personal appeal to alot of zoomers who don't have real experiences with people irl.

Hasan Piker! Which i surprisingly haven't sat down and listened to, i mean i heard the pod, but not any of his streams,

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Hope they don't delete the doodle doods episodes with Holly in them because while she sucks, oney's drawings of her poo poo birds were hilarious

"aww mista PJ, I love drawin Birds so much, its makes me so sad because your so trapped in that cage"

"you know what Holly. I can show you a very special bird, its called a pink tipped white owl."

ok, i'll stop now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
anyway, if anyone here wants them views on youtube, try doing a bachelor/ette retrospective cause it's clear people loving love drama

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Genuinely amazed at that women saying in one tweet "If he was abusive why didn't she leave him," and then in the very next tweet says that it's incredibly hard for a victim to leave their abuser.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

Genuinely amazed at that women saying in one tweet "If he was abusive why didn't she leave him," and then in the very next tweet says that it's incredibly hard for a victim to leave their abuser.

its because she is gaslighting(or genuinly thinks) jared is the victim.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
I think the big take-away of this whole story is never, ever propose to open up the relationship. No matter how much you think it's "good for the relationship" and "expands your perspective" - it's a door you can never close again

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Solar Tornado posted:

I think the big take-away of this whole story is never, ever propose to open up the relationship. No matter how much you think it's "good for the relationship" and "expands your perspective" - it's a door you can never close again

Usually its the guy wanting freedom to sleep around, but generally never gets it while complaining their wife is out enjoying the perks.

Kinda like Pitchford. Or was that another guy from Gearbox?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That was Anthony Burch, all-around skeezoid and Boarderlands writer.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

If you’re going to swing, wait till you’re forty and have been married for 15 years. Hopefully by that point you’re secure in your relationship and emotionally mature enough (or dead inside enough) such that you’re not leaning on your sex partner for emotional support, you’re just playing with each other as sex toys.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

That was Anthony Burch, all-around skeezoid and Boarderlands writer.

didnt a couple women come out saying burch was giant loving creep casting couched them for gearbox but then didn't even give them a job, then he quit twitter for a while. i mean he works for know sex monster developer riot games now. so i believe it. also the open marrage story of burch is more pathetic then any no matter its telling. he is also the biggest white male "feminist ally" type to a loving cringy degree so of course he is sex monster.

I mean that sad sack of poo poo is the literal joke of the internet and part of me thinks projared is sorta trying to turn himself into anthony burch because its better to be mocked as pathetic creepy "virtuous" loser/possible victim than a out and out sex monster.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 21, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there's nothing inherently wrong with being poly/open/whatever the gently caress but yea a looooot of people get into it assuming they're just gonna gently caress everyone they want and their partner will be there at home to go 'good job sweetie, you hosed em good, want a sandwich?' The second their partner gets interested in someone, or worse, they feel their partner is doing 'better' than them, all that insecurity and poo poo becomes toxic as hell. I know it's super cliche and smug sounding but you really do need to have everyone involved have a level of emotional maturity as well as being 100% on the same page or open relationships end in disaster. Best case it just fucks up the original relationship, worst case it winds up like this where some abusive freak uses it as an excuse to prey on others while expecting his partner to enable him unquestioningly.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

"Hey can we talk about the thread topic instead of repetitive dunks and dissecting a lovely situation?"

"NO gently caress YOU FOR TRYING TO COVER THINGS UP AND DEFENDING ABUSERS!"

Like I'm pretty sure that people will still be aware that ProJared is a gently caress even if this obscure thread on an obscure forum never talks about it again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
But we are talking about the thread topic, internet personalities. Three of them to be exact.

Its not like say.. I dunno. A Star Wars derail.

E: Also Gearbox seems to be a magnet for questionable people.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

there's nothing inherently wrong with being poly/open/whatever the gently caress but yea a looooot of people get into it assuming they're just gonna gently caress everyone they want and their partner will be there at home to go 'good job sweetie, you hosed em good, want a sandwich?' The second their partner gets interested in someone, or worse, they feel their partner is doing 'better' than them, all that insecurity and poo poo becomes toxic as hell. I know it's super cliche and smug sounding but you really do need to have everyone involved have a level of emotional maturity as well as being 100% on the same page or open relationships end in disaster. Best case it just fucks up the original relationship, worst case it winds up like this where some abusive freak uses it as an excuse to prey on others while expecting his partner to enable him unquestioningly.

yeah, its not for everyone and it sure as hell isn't for me or my gf. like if it works for someone awsome. but that poo poo is all about communications and usualy ends up with one or both people getting hosed over. the thing that annoys me is stupid poo poo like this.
https://www.thecut.com/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html

i don't get why some people have to make fetish into some sort of statement about how progressive they are. i mean its clearly a coping for this dude but i have seen some uber sex postive people act like everyone should do this kinda stuff. my sex positive opinion is you do you as long as their is lots of concent and communications and everyone is concenting and somewhat happy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leal posted:

But we are talking about the thread topic, internet personalities. Three of them to be exact.

Its not like say.. I dunno. A Star Wars derail.

next star wars will be about kylo sexting teenlings.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt a couple women come out saying burch was giant loving creep casting couched them for gearbox but then didn't even give them a job, then he quit twitter for a while. i mean he works for know sex monster developer riot games now. so i believe it. also the open marrage story of burch is more pathetic then any no matter its telling. he is also the biggest white male "feminist ally" type to a loving cringy degree so of course he is sex monster.

I've only seen one person claim that (which is more than enough and too many at the same, of course), but it might be telling that when he shut down his Twitter for a while it was during the #MeToo height.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im just gonna dump this video so people have other things to talk about

The Weird World of Theatre Bootlegs by Sarah Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-3a0SeESo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I've only seen one person claim that (which is more than enough and too many at the same, of course), but it might be telling that when he shut down his Twitter for a while it was during the #MeToo height.

i am surprised he hasnt gotten nailed to a wall, its going to happen at some point though, i assume.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiBdccfNkg

did the new Lindsay Ellis video get posted yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

next star wars will be about kylo sexting teenlings.

David Benioff: Kylo Ren sort of forgot about the Age of Consent.