Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's something that's nearly impossible to disbelieve, nearly every man who's ever picked up a guitar did so to sleep with questionably legal women, that goes quadruple for pop punk and emo and whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Right, of all the type of music to make as a Hollywood star, why TF would he make the type of lovely emo that 30 Seconds to Mars has?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/trim_obey/status/1130788590949208065?s=19

Kev keeping up that fight.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

From that website:

quote:

Support Kevin Spacey wants to hold up the artist Kevin Spacey.
This is the place where fans can leave a message for Kevin, tell us what he represents for them or the moments spent with him.
In this space, created specially for supporters, you won’t find any advertising: Support Kevin Spacey is a non-profit organization, the only gain that the site wants to get is the support to who is, undoubtedly, one of the most talented artists of our time.
We want to give him back a little of the joy he gave us.

This is the weirdest loving site. I bet he runs it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 21, 2019

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah that is factually incorrect, you can totally erase art. Paint stripper, literal erasers... there are all kinds of ways.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
And just like that

He’s gone

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee posted:

And just like that

He’s gone

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Spacey as a leading man is done(and he probably was anyway after House of Cards ended, he's not getting any younger), but if he just hosed off for like 5 years he could definitely come back and start getting supporting and ensemble roles again. He doesn't have the willpower to stay away I guess.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Basebf555 posted:

Spacey as a leading man is done(and he probably was anyway after House of Cards ended, he's not getting any younger), but if he just hosed off for like 5 years he could definitely come back and start getting supporting and ensemble roles again. He doesn't have the willpower to stay away I guess.

He's also, you know, facing prosecution. It's pretty easy to fade away for a few years and come back when you're not at risk of being thrown in prison for sexually assaulting teenage boys. For one, you'd have to actually get people to not walk off the job when you hire him.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

thrawn527 posted:

This is the weirdest loving site. I bet he runs it.

The WHOIS info says it was registered 2017-12-04. Anthony Rapp made his allegation against Spacey on October 29 2017, with another 20 allegations coming to light in the following month. Whoever registered wasn't wasting any time ...

Edit: Jeeeeeeeeesus Christ, the images they posted on that site are insanely tone deaf

What are you doing :psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 21, 2019

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Isn't that pretty much textbook serial abuser behavior though? Having zero remorse for what you put people through and then immediately trying to flip the narrative so that you're the victim the moment you're outed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

Isn't that pretty much textbook serial abuser behavior though? Having zero remorse for what you put people through and then immediately trying to flip the narrative so that you're the victim the moment you're outed.

Yep. Spacey is either a sociopath or a very broken man. That's why I'm not sure that he could ever make a comeback: he's got such a reputation for being dangerous that people would walk off the set if he showed up.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Even if he's not directly behind the website (and he probably is), the hashtag was used in that weird YouTube video he put out.

He's completely on board with the message. It's such a wild and shameless approach to take.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Kim Basinger's lame performance in LA Confidential is no longer the worst part of that great movie.

Apart from Spacey who else is visibly losing roles or getting the "Stoltz McFly" treatment?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Just loving lol

Reposting his vid for posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Amazon dumps rights for new Woody Allen movie, no one knows if anyone will pick them up.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/woody-allen-us-rights-rainy-day-in-new-york-amazon-1202143350/

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What are you doing :psyduck:

I can't stop loving laughing at this. The sheer loving nerve.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Gladly.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Why the gently caress are people in here all thread long making up stupid fantasies where Kevin Spacey comes back. He's not coming back. He's indicted for sexual assault. Stop trying to make this happen. It's weird. Stop.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2_E-ghbdlo

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

John Wayne Spacey

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Kim Basinger's lame performance in LA Confidential is no longer the worst part of that great movie.

Apart from Spacey who else is visibly losing roles or getting the "Stoltz McFly" treatment?

Kim Basinger's lame performance? What the gently caress, dude?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Why the gently caress are people in here all thread long making up stupid fantasies where Kevin Spacey comes back. He's not coming back. He's indicted for sexual assault. Stop trying to make this happen. It's weird. Stop.

Personally, I predict that he’s going to win his court case, and I worry that if he does, he’s going to treat it as some sort of vindication and try and launch a career comeback off of it.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

thrawn527 posted:

Amazon dumps rights for new Woody Allen movie, no one knows if anyone will pick them up.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/woody-allen-us-rights-rainy-day-in-new-york-amazon-1202143350/

Honestly stunned by the fact that huge stars continue to sign up to do Woody Allen movies.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sucrose posted:

Personally, I predict that he’s going to win his court case, and I worry that if he does, he’s going to treat it as some sort of vindication and try and launch a career comeback off of it.

Why would you worry. That just means he’s going to throw his own money in a fire pit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sucrose posted:

If he was wanted back, he'd be back already. There'd be no lengthier wait. There drat sure wasn't for Allen or CK or even Landis

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Blast Fantasto posted:

Honestly stunned by the fact that huge stars continue to sign up to do Woody Allen movies.

that movie was cast and shot a couple years ago, I imagine part of the reason Amazon doesn't want to deal with it is the fact that none of them will do publicity for it. Apparently Chalamet, Gomez and Rebecca Hall (who, it should be noted, were all much less famous when they were cast and probably would have been stupid to turn it down in 2015) are all donating their salaries from the movie to #MeToo-related charities. I'm sort of curious how the other people in the movie feel about it. The biggest names (aside from Gomez, who isn't really known as an actor) in it are Jude Law and Liev Schreiber, and they've stayed mum about the whole deal. (edit: also Elle Fanning)

fake edit: upon further research, the movie started production in September 2017, literally a month before the first articles about Weinstein came out (which is what sort of prompted the re-evaluation of whether Allen should continue to have a career), and in October, Griffin Newman (Arthur from the new Tick show) wrote some tweets about how he regretted taking the part and his role in the movie (even though it was just a day's work/bit part), and that he donated the money he got from it to RAINN.

real edit: Jude Law said a dumb thing, but holy gently caress Javier noooooo

quote:

Jude Law has defended A Rainy Day in New York, the film he made with Woody Allen in 2017 and which has been indefinitely shelved after a number of its stars publicly disassociated themselves from Allen over sex assault allegations made by the director’s daughter, Dylan Farrow.

A Rainy Day in New York was shot in September and October 2017, with a cast including Timothée Chalamet, Selena Gomez and Rebecca Hall. However, shortly after its completion a string of actors, including Chalamet and Hall, announced they regretted having worked on the film, and made donations to charity.

Speaking to the New York Times, Law described the film’s shelving as “a terrible shame”. “I’d love to see it. People worked really hard and put a lot in, obviously himself included [referring to the director].”

The film’s producer, Amazon Studios, which signed a five-movie contract with Allen in 2016, announced in August that “no date has been set” for the film’s release, and it is thought it may lose up to $25m (£19m) if the film does not come out. Amazon was responding to mounting disquiet from #MeToo and Time’s Up campaigners after Farrow repeated her allegation of sex assault against her father in an LA Times editorial in December 2017, and a TV interview in January 2018. Woody Allen has denied the allegations made by Farrow.

When asked if he considered joining Chalamet and Hall in attacking Allen, Law said: “I didn’t really want to get involved, to be honest. I just don’t feel like it was my place to comment, and it’s too delicate a situation. I feel like enough has been said about it. It’s a private affair.”

Actors remain divided as to whether they would work with Allen again. Colin Firth, Mira Sorvino and Greta Gerwig are among those who say they won’t, while Javier Bardem said: “If he called me … I’d be there tomorrow morning.” Law was more equivocal, saying: “I don’t know. I’d have to consider carefully.”

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 22, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wow I can’t believe how tone deaf that Kevin Spacey thing is.

Like, somebody accepted money to come up with that.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 22, 2019

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

It’s one of those “open secret” things that’s so prevalent that’s like asking for a source on Bryan Singer being one (no offense.) I guess the biggest evidence is James Gunn implying he is one: https://www.screengeek.net/2018/05/17/james-gunn-implies-jared-leto-is-a-pedophile/

I'm confused. I thought Gunn only ever joked about pedophilia because it was his edgy pre-Marvel phase.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm confused. I thought Gunn only ever joked about pedophilia because it was his edgy pre-Marvel phase.

Not sure if this is a joke but James Gunn used to work for Troma.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DC Murderverse posted:

that movie was cast and shot a couple years ago, I imagine part of the reason Amazon doesn't want to deal with it is the fact that none of them will do publicity for it. Apparently Chalamet, Gomez and Rebecca Hall (who, it should be noted, were all much less famous when they were cast and probably would have been stupid to turn it down in 2015) are all donating their salaries from the movie to #MeToo-related charities. I'm sort of curious how the other people in the movie feel about it. The biggest names (aside from Gomez, who isn't really known as an actor) in it are Jude Law and Liev Schreiber, and they've stayed mum about the whole deal. (edit: also Elle Fanning)

fake edit: upon further research, the movie started production in September 2017, literally a month before the first articles about Weinstein came out (which is what sort of prompted the re-evaluation of whether Allen should continue to have a career), and in October, Griffin Newman (Arthur from the new Tick show) wrote some tweets about how he regretted taking the part and his role in the movie (even though it was just a day's work/bit part), and that he donated the money he got from it to RAINN.

real edit: Jude Law said a dumb thing, but holy gently caress Javier noooooo

Javier spends a lot of time advocating for human rights until he gets a chance to work with a famous pedophile, at which point all morals just fly out the window.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Steve Yun posted:

Wow I can’t believe how tone deaf that Kevin Spacey thing is.

Like, somebody accepted money to come up with that.

My guess is: they are grifting the poo poo out of Kevin Spacey.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh cool, Moby is a huge creep.

Natalie Portman Called Moby "Creepy" After He Claimed He Dated Her When She Was A Teenager

quote:

In the musician's new memoir, Moby describes meeting Portman backstage at one of his shows in 1999. He (incorrectly) asserts that she was 20 years old at the time, while he was 33. He then goes on to claim that the two dated for awhile, and he "tried to be her boyfriend." He says Portman ultimately broke it off.

“I was surprised to hear that he characterized the very short time that I knew him as dating," she told the magazine. "Because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/jodamico1/status/1131251841793167361?s=19

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

someone pointed out that Moby is not the first guy who acted super loving creepy towards Natalie Portman and let the public know about it, because there was that one dipshit who thought they were gonna leave their spouses for each other and she was just like "uh, no, gently caress you, what?"

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Moby responds in a way that definitely proves he is not a creep
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1131304001209819136?s=21

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

someone pointed out that Moby is not the first guy who acted super loving creepy towards Natalie Portman and let the public know about it, because there was that one dipshit who thought they were gonna leave their spouses for each other and she was just like "uh, no, gently caress you, what?"

*cough* luc besson *cough*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also Moby what the gently caress are you doing Jesus

How you gonna make everyone look back on the forced Eminem-Moby beef and say “yeah em is really levelheaded now considering and Moby might have needed that rear end kicking”

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

aware of dog posted:

Moby responds in a way that definitely proves he is not a creep
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1131304001209819136?s=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEfo080ryB4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I love that Moby had a #METOO moment and it's so pathetic that nobody even gives a poo poo. He can't even be an interesting creeper, it's just kind of sad and boring.