Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

CYBEReris posted:

i guess he could be argued to be Shel Silverstein's conception of ugly

That's from The Twits, by Roald Dahl, with art by Quentin Blake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

unattractive nerd outkicks his coverage yet still wants to try the open relationship thing is really funny sorry.

Macaluso posted:

Stop calling the bad cheating pedophile man ugly :(

Dude runs an entire group to swap nudes with fans, goes after underage fans, lies and cheats, but the thing y'all feel the need to talk about is, of course, that he's kind of unfortunate-looking.

Also, would the cheating and abuse have been okay if he were hot, or if Heidi were ugly? Because that's kind of what that argument implies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i said funny i never said anything about good or bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Puppy Time posted:

Dude runs an entire group to swap nudes with fans, goes after underage fans, lies and cheats, but the thing y'all feel the need to talk about is, of course, that he's kind of unfortunate-looking.

Also, would the cheating and abuse have been okay if he were hot, or if Heidi were ugly? Because that's kind of what that argument implies.

yea dude because there's nothing funny about him sliding into childrens' dms hoping to gently caress some kids, but it is very funny that he's a goddamn bird with an elf cosplaying wife and he thought 'I gotta gently caress this up by being a sociopath'.

Like, you get no one genuinely thinks the worst thing about this is Professional Jared looks like a goober, right? You get that we're just making jokes about the only part of him and Holly being loving psychos that's actually fun to talk about?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

As far as I'm concerned, if do the kind of poo poo ProJared or any number of these Youtubers have done then you deserve all the mockery you get in response.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait what? then she isn't asexual. jesus christ, i honestly hate when these clowns hide behind others sexuality for either excuses or to look unique.

I'm breaking my ninja oath to never actually post in this thread but asexual just means you don't experience sexual attraction, it doesn't mean you don't like having romantic partners or even that you don't enjoy sex. Supposedly (from what i remember of reading the poo poo last night) a small part of what catalyzed the whole mess was she freaked out about being attracted to someone for the first time, which I mean fine, because sexuality is a fluid and fickle thing and there are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way way way better things to criticise holly for than that

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
holly was married for six years

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Being married doesn't really mean anything in regards to sexuality.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Red Metal posted:

holly was married for six years

Yes, again, people who are asexual still engage in romantic and sexual relationships. I'm not sure "let's all misunderstand someone else's sexuality" is a very productive route to take this conversation when "the lady probably cheated on her husband with definitely her friend's husband" and "the guy is ugly" are still right there

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

stop

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Puppy Time posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiBdccfNkg
In case anyone missed it in the Jaredpalooza, here's Lindsay's cool video about the marketing of Aladdin, but mostly about how Robin Williams was a cool dude.

this was a cool vid. I like the way it's a constant stream of information at a comfortable pace rather than just shat out at the screen.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Making fun of someone ain't a zero sum game

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Making fun of someone ain't a zero sum game

You're absolutely correct and I was trying to be facetious but sorry if it didn't come out that way. Like I said in the first post the point I'm trying to make is if you wanna grill holly there are much more appropriate things to do so over than what sexuality she identifies as.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gamer may have cheated on wife but at least he never cheated at video games, and I think that speaks volumes towards his character

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Makes you wonder how many people are supporting Heidi not necessarily because she has the most consistent story of the bunch but because she's the most conventionally attractive of the bunch. I can't imagine it's no one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ashpanash posted:

Makes you wonder how many people are supporting Heidi not necessarily because she has the most consistent story of the bunch but because she's the most conventionally attractive of the bunch. I can't imagine it's no one.

i was actually surprised his fans didn't circle the wagons and take his word for it because that seems to be how these usually play out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

His subreddit completely turning on him was fantastic.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Cosmonaut has thoughts about the finale of GoT.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/nicalexiac/status/1130935820846632960

The article she linked is good. Avatar: The Last Airbender is a very good show. I wish Korra was just as good.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Hey instead of getting all hung up on Jared being a creepy rear end in a top hat, why not watch ProZD eat oreos for 20 minutes, it's a far better use of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lfReeYL95I

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I actually have something else the thread could talk about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA073Ddnosw

(wisecrack is the studio behind the 8-bit guides, I've seen the one on marxism passed around as a good intro of marxism for kids in c-spam)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/nicalexiac/status/1130935820846632960

The article she linked is good. Avatar: The Last Airbender is a very good show. I wish Korra was just as good.

Korra was fine overall but TLA is a masterpiece.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Zedd posted:

Korra was fine overall but TLA is a masterpiece.

Each season had its merits to be sure - and I honestly think Season 3 of Korra is legit very good - I felt like a lot of it was wasted potential.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Jimbot posted:

Each season had its merits to be sure - and I honestly think Season 3 of Korra is legit very good - I felt like a lot of it was wasted potential.

3 and 4 with some more confidence about when the show was going to end would be great.
1 and 2 where very flawed but much like GoT I can see what they where going for.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt a couple women come out saying burch was giant loving creep casting couched them for gearbox but then didn't even give them a job, then he quit twitter for a while. i mean he works for know sex monster developer riot games now. so i believe it. also the open marrage story of burch is more pathetic then any no matter its telling. he is also the biggest white male "feminist ally" type to a loving cringy degree so of course he is sex monster.

I mean that sad sack of poo poo is the literal joke of the internet and part of me thinks projared is sorta trying to turn himself into anthony burch because its better to be mocked as pathetic creepy "virtuous" loser/possible victim than a out and out sex monster.

There seems to be a growing list of people who seemed cool and were featured on the Indoor Kids podcast and later turned out to be creeps. Is Ashley still okay?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Puppy Time posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiBdccfNkg
In case anyone missed it in the Jaredpalooza, here's Lindsay's cool video about the marketing of Aladdin, but mostly about how Robin Williams was a cool dude.

I’m grateful for this video not only because it’s good, but because it led to me learning that The Great Mouse Detective has a blu ray release. And it’s only $10.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

bessantj posted:

this was a cool vid. I like the way it's a constant stream of information at a comfortable pace rather than just shat out at the screen.

Yeah. I like Lindsay's video essay format. So much of youtube is 'Self-indulgent intro, faffing about for five minutes while you explain what the video is going to be about, usually in the form of a question, then an excruciating ten minutes analyzing the question, then the point of the video in the last two.' Universally garbage.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Chart Party presents

The Bob Emergency: A Study of Athletes Named Bob by Jon Bois

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvh6NLqKRfs

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcGamPqUIxI

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm a dum-dum so I don't really do a lot of movie analyzing normally. But I stumbled onto a Cinema Wins video and thought it was pretty cool since it also pointed out a lot of the bits I didn't really notice or think about. Like how John was waiting to hear his magazine fall before he launched an attack or how breaking through the concrete to get his assassin gear out could be described like he was breaking through the foundation of his new life back into the old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvxLailT6A

Cinema wins is pretty nice but there was one episode where they were like "did you have to make the ring wing guy sooo evil" in a very out of place both sidesy way that threw me off, I'll try and find it tomorrow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Cinema wins is pretty nice but there was one episode where they were like "did you have to make the ring wing guy sooo evil" in a very out of place both sidesy way that threw me off, I'll try and find it tomorrow.

Yeah there was the one comment where he was like 'remember when we could make jokes without someone getting offended/triggered/mad about it? ah well' but it was like a two year old video so I just kinda shrugged and tallied that one on the 'Weird comment but alright dude' wall.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Senerio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-3a0SeESo

New Sarah Z about musical bootlegging!

It's an interesting piece, and I agree with a solid portion of it.

Falsettos is probably my favorite proshot musical, though.

Seriously, these bootlegs are a godsend. I got into Hedwing and the Angry inch thanks to another goon here, found out there was a Broadway revival of it thats already done and I wanted to see it.

Because, yeah. Most of these shows never get any kind of DVD recording or release or anything. Like, how many people are fans of Hamilton but never actually saw the play because not enough money.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt a couple women come out saying burch was giant loving creep casting couched them for gearbox but then didn't even give them a job, then he quit twitter for a while. i mean he works for know sex monster developer riot games now. so i believe it. also the open marrage story of burch is more pathetic then any no matter its telling. he is also the biggest white male "feminist ally" type to a loving cringy degree so of course he is sex monster.

I mean that sad sack of poo poo is the literal joke of the internet and part of me thinks projared is sorta trying to turn himself into anthony burch because its better to be mocked as pathetic creepy "virtuous" loser/possible victim than a out and out sex monster.

The way I remember it being told, Burch pressured his wife into having an open relationship as way for him to try and score with other women, and it ended up backfiring where he struck out, but she ended up dating a few people. Somehow, details of that got out online, though I don't know if it came from him or someone else (I'm not really interested in trying to find out, either).

I've been under the impression that Burch's antics, and the subsequent mockery of it was part of the reason why 'cuckoldry' entered (or re-entered, possibly) the modern vernacular as an insult.

FoldableHuman posted:

He also wrote substantially less of Borderlands 2 than he makes it sound, because if you're a general creep you're probably also totally okay jacking credit for your co-workers' work.

Well, that just proves Burch is an idiot, because anyone with an iota of common sense would not want Borderlands 2: Adventures in Meme Land anywhere on their resume when applying as a writer.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 22, 2019

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ugh god Anthony Burch chat, I need to go shower

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Max Wilco posted:

I've been under the impression that Burch's antics, and the subsequent mockery of it was part of the reason why 'cuckoldry' entered (or re-entered, possibly) the modern vernacular as an insult.

Burch is ground zero for "cuck" being a put-down in the chudosphere, I guarantee it.

I thought it was just a "failed" open relationship. I had no idea he pressured his wife. In fact, how do we know this is true?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Roth posted:

Gamer may have cheated on wife but at least he never cheated at video games, and I think that speaks volumes towards his character

Bad news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izqja26A4Hw

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm sorry I disappointed all my followers by saying that gamer never cheated at video games. It has come to my attention that he has, in fact, cheated at video games and I wish I could just take it all back. I hope all my subscribers can find it in their hearts to forgive me. *ad starts*

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

DoubleCakes posted:

Burch is ground zero for "cuck" being a put-down in the chudosphere, I guarantee it.

I thought it was just a "failed" open relationship. I had no idea he pressured his wife. In fact, how do we know this is true?

All I recall is that in one of the earlier iterations of this thread (or possibly another thread on SA entirely), the discussion came up, and someone had made it sound like Burch had goaded her into it, rather than it being something they decided on mutually.

It might have been like you said; it was just a "failed" open relationship, and that post was just hearsay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Roth posted:

He was actually trying to do the konami code so he could have 30 wives