Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

bring back old gbs posted:

So....was that a future version of Zari where she transitioned to a man, or an entirely different person?

Her brother, who died in the original timeline, forcing Zari to take over the wind totem and go into hiding because of the anti-metahuman laws. Because of the time idiots the entire world became a giant Kum Ba Ya-land instead, the anti-meta backlash didn't happen, her brother lived, and Zari never became a superhero who was recruited by the legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

kjetting posted:

Her brother, who died in the original timeline, forcing Zari to take over the wind totem and go into hiding because of the anti-metahuman laws. Because of the time idiots the entire world became a giant Kum Ba Ya-land instead, the anti-meta backlash didn't happen, her brother lived, and Zari never became a superhero who was recruited by the legends.

Zari's new future is as a magical creature enthusiast/expert based on her experience with Mithra. Calling it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Does this mean the Legends also erased Arrow: Beyond?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Arrow Beyond is its own weird little dystopia that seemingly exists independent of the Legends' future. Same with the future in the Flash that XS was from before.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Medullah posted:

They're going to bring the new version of Zari who doesn't know who any of them are. Nate will have clones of his two loves on the ship. Time to move on to Sarah.
DDN. Don't Date Nate.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I somehow missed all of the brother storyline?? :psyduck:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

YorexTheMad posted:

Something I may have missed, spoiler tags just in case:

Did Constantine grab his own soul from Neron's vault while he was there? I don't remember it happening or if they said why he didn't / couldn't.

Even though he's there to help Ray, I can't imagine him not taking the chance to free himself from his eventual damnation.

The only reason he couldn't have done it is because they were in Neron's vault and I don't think John's soul was specifically Neron's (or because looking for one particular coin is like looking for a needle in a haystack). They've been pretty vague on what demons in particular have a claim on John. That said, if the coin was there, you know he stole it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Welcome to Legends where the time travel rules are made up and the plots don't matter!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Welcome to Legends where the time travel rules are made up and the plots don't matter!

Yeah, Arrowverse continuity affects Legends, not vice versa.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bring back old gbs posted:

I somehow missed all of the brother storyline?? :psyduck:

It was all contained in her origin episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to think that Arrow Beyond always happens because that's what Felicity did to the city.

The anti-meta laws were probably brought in to deal with the aftermath of whatever Barry does when he vanishes; "we can't let another incdent like Barry Allen, the worst criminal in human history, caused again."

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Vandal God Damned Savage made an appearance. And was great!

Also, lol at Ava talking about how hard it would be to steal the book, just to have Mick casually walk in with it. I'm glad they remember he's a world class thief, even if they don't use it much.

Zari's brother is another Time Bro, and that's great too.

Has DC put out a comic version of this yet?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Vandal God Damned Savage made an appearance. And was great!

Also, lol at Ava talking about how hard it would be to steal the book, just to have Mick casually walk in with it. I'm glad they remember he's a world class thief, even if they don't use it much.

Zari's brother is another Time Bro, and that's great too.

Has DC put out a comic version of this yet?

Legends of Tomorrow are pretty much unique.

I say that though DC put out a short series of comics in 2016 by the same name that was a collection of four different stories: Firestorm, The Metal Men, Metamorpho, and Sugar and Spike (a reboot/reimagining of sorts for the last one)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Was Mick a world class thief? I thought he was a smash-and-grab kinda guy and Snart was the brains.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

He's not the idiot he pretends to be. Snart was the brains but that doesn't mean that Mick is a slouch. He's also a seasoned time traveler with something like a subjective thousand years of time bounty hunting under his belt.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mick Rory is the most intelligent Legend

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
They've shown him helping plan and enact heists before just fine, even after Snart died. Plus the whole Chronos thing. They've also gone out of their way to repeatedly mention the constant drinking is self-medicating for the whole Chronos thing. Rory is a bit more direct and blunt in most of his work, but the thieving he's still quite good at. Plus for all we know he DID smash and grab it.

Him just popping in with the book unprompted out of nowhere is perfectly in character on top of hilarious.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if this episode was written before they got the renewal notice, because it seems to me it was written with an eye towards possibly being a last episode. All the meta moments, the way they acknowledge they're not as big as those other superhero shows, they don't have the names, etc. It turned into this assertion that "We're the rinky-dink carnival show compared to everyone else, but dammit, we've got heart!" Like a statement that they're just trying to make the world a little nicer and less scary through goofiness and monsters. Even down to bringing back Vandal Savage and having him be totally chill because of Ray's influence.

Like if it had been the final episode, it would have been a very good one. Thankfully it's not.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I think it's more them just kind of getting dumb and fun with it rather than trying to top the amazing Beebo fight season finale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They wouldn't have blinked Zari out of existence like that if they thought they weren't coming back, plus the Crisis tie in, they knew it wasn't a series finale.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

YorexTheMad posted:

Did Constantine grab his own soul from Neron's vault while he was there? I don't remember it happening or if they said why he didn't / couldn't.

I don't think Neron had his soul. He still has it. Neron's just got dibs on it when he eventually dies. So there's no coin/soul to grab.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Didn't Constantine's soul belong to the Triumvirate who rule Hell? Wasn't Neron just a jerk stalker demon with a big plan?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Didn't Constantine's soul belong to the Triumvirate who rule Hell? Wasn't Neron just a jerk stalker demon with a big plan?

I think you're right - they just said Neron owned Constantine's soul to get past the guard at the bank.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Best show, best finale, best use of the Monitor ever. And an absolutely heartbreaking ending.

And the next season looks amazing, that concept is solid gold.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!

Tiggum posted:

I think you're right - they just said Neron owned Constantine's soul to get past the guard at the bank.

No, last episode Constantine got to meet with the Triumverate by pointing out that when he dies, Neron gets him. I guess he's home free now though.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Mick Rory is the most intelligent Legend

Yeah the joke with Mick is that he's not what he appears to be. He's basically always spot on with whatever it is that is needed, be it brains, brawn, writing novels or stealing things.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

That ending with Nate's day was way more emotional that I suspected Legends could pull off.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I only just realized that Phil Klemmer and Chris Fedak are showrunners on LoT, which I think explains a lot about why I like it. I don't know how they could have made such a bad first season but Klemmer and Fedak both worked on Chuck, one of my favorite shows, (Fedak being co-showrunner and Klemmer having written some standout eps) which is tonally very much like Legends is now--a mix of plot holes, silly, and sweet moments--so whatever changed between seasons 1 and 2, it definitely worked in their favor as the show really plays to their strengths now. Also, a highlight of Chuck was great use of music to hit emotional beats, which is probably why I liked this finale so much.

Argue fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 25, 2019

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I think S1 to S2 was a complete willingness to look at what worked, what didn't, and course correct hard. S2 is almost a soft reboot of the series with making Sara the leader, bringing in actual interesting villains, and ditching most of the time filling CW drama.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Season 4 is up on Netflix and I'm catching up on some missed episode.

I can't believe they referenced the disco thing :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god this loving episode

Sarah saying "we need a franchise character to get our foot in the door" while wearing a Supergirl costume

Ray's dismissal of Kendra as "doesn't matter"

The Monitor

this show is great and AoS is great and comic books are great

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Chokes McGee posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

okay some of them are :kiddo:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

oh my god this loving episode

Sarah saying "we need a franchise character to get our foot in the door" while wearing a Supergirl costume

Ray's dismissal of Kendra as "doesn't matter"

The Monitor

It’s kind of amazing that Vandal Savage wound up being the most likeable person in that love triangle.

E: between him, Kendra and Carter, I mean.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Vandal mellowed out when he went to Hell and didn't have a world to conquer. Honestly, I hope he comes back in S4 and joins the team.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Cheerful vandal savage was pretty great. They should just leave Ray in hell until he turns everyone into a ray-clone version of themselves

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Xelkelvos posted:

Vandal mellowed out when he went to Hell and didn't have a world to conquer. Honestly, I hope he comes back in S4 and joins the team.

He was so boring in Season 1 but it's insane how a tiny little cameo has completely redeemed him for me.

I am totally down for him being the team's Hell Expert or some guy they check in on every so often who's just incredibly upbeat at all times.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

He's got a pretty good deal going, honestly, I'd be pretty upbeat too. Live forever, see humanity rise and fall, and all you have to do is kill a couple people every hundred years or so. And the people are so terrible that killing them is also a plus.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I love that Ray's gotten dumber and dorkier as time goes on. Would modern Ray even be capable of running a company or date Felicity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

I love that Ray's gotten dumber and dorkier as time goes on. Would modern Ray even be capable of running a company or date Felicity?

The former, yes. He's still a genius, just a dorky genius and knows how to defer to people who knows business stuff while he makes new tech. The latter, also possibly yes.