Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I lived near Seattle they'd have olive bars in grocery stores. Just a cart with nothing but olives and stuff. It was neat but too expensive for me.

My local Whole Foods has an olive bar but gently caress shopping at Whole Paycheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I love whole foods salad bar. I make big rear end salads and make big rear end shits.

I also get olives for my sister. Their 365 value bullshit is nice. So I can actually shop there and not blow a whole paycheck. I'd still rather go to Costco or a local market tho. Unless costco suddenly starts having a make your own salad bar. :^0

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I love whole foods salad bar. I make big rear end salads and make big rear end shits.

I also get olives for my sister. Their 365 value bullshit is nice. So I can actually shop there and not blow a whole paycheck. I'd still rather go to Costco or a local market tho. Unless costco suddenly starts having a make your own salad bar. :^0

Costco salad bar would be at the gas pumps and you just shovel it into your trunk with a pitchfork.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"Hey guys, I got some Costco cobb salad"

*pops trunk*

*drives in reverse and slams on breaks real hard*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Olives are great but have became bougie af. Name a craft brewery that doesn’t serve them. For 9$.

E I eat all the olives at home

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Olives are great, yet I hate pimentos. Or do I hate pimentos only because they are in sucky olives?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

Olives are great but have became bougie af. Name a craft brewery that doesn’t serve them. For 9$.

E I eat all the olives at home

While I believe that this could exist I have never laid eyes upon olives on a menu of a craft brewery. But that could be because my eyes are perfectly adapted to only looking at alcohol and also foods that are good instead of bad.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I have a jar of these in my fridge at all times. They are for snacking on at all hours of the day/night and nothing more.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Super mammoth is my alternate they keep changing my av text to. Such a hassle changing it out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just went grocery shopping (no Costco :( ) and picked up bleu cheese stuffed olives and garlic stuffed olives. I like olives.

Chinatown posted:

I have a jar of these in my fridge at all times. They are for snacking on at all hours of the day/night and nothing more.

I think that's what olive jars are for I think. Opening the fridge at midnight and shoving an olive down your gullet.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Big Olive has you in their pockets, man. First you buy their oil, next you buy the fruit. Green, black, pimentos...cant you see what they're doing to you?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I would eat that jar of olives in one shot

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I asked my wife if we could go to Costco after work today, but she said she had already prepared dinner for our family. The dinner was ok.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smashing Link posted:

I asked my wife if we could go to Costco after work today, but she said she had already prepared dinner for our family. The dinner was ok.

I love going just for the food court

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How does pizza work at the co I never got it yet

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

DiggityDoink posted:

My local Whole Foods has an olive bar but gently caress shopping at Whole Paycheck.

Oh poo poo Whole Paycheck? That is a great joke. Are you about to make a Las Vegas = Lost Wages joke? Killer bro.

Seriously though Whole Foods recently reduced their price on a whole bunch of produce staples and things like that. If you're a Prime member, you get the prime deals, and then the Amazon card gives you 5% off on top of that.

It's actually really good, and rivals a lot of regular supermarkets while being much higher quality. However if you are looking for the cheapest produce specifically, the answer is always going to be asian and mexican markets.

shovelbum posted:

It's ok and cheap. The calories per dollar literally cannot be beat for prepared food.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

Its good. The cheese slice has the most cheese.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

Oh poo poo Whole Paycheck? That is a great joke. Are you about to make a Las Vegas = Lost Wages joke? Killer bro.

Seriously though Whole Foods recently reduced their price on a whole bunch of produce staples and things like that. If you're a Prime member, you get the prime deals, and then the Amazon card gives you 5% off on top of that.

It's actually really good, and rivals a lot of regular supermarkets while being much higher quality. However if you are looking for the cheapest produce specifically, the answer is always going to be asian and mexican markets.

It's ok and cheap. The calories per dollar literally cannot be beat for prepared food.

Eh, I find Whole Foods hit or miss and still a tad pricey but yeah it's a bit better with Bezo's buying them out. I also find their produce weirdly often kinda poo poo which k'know is kinda their Thing. That probably varies by locale a lot, but I'm spoiled with Berkeley Bowl and Monterey Market (local produce market) which has super cheap and good produce. WF is still an order of magnitude better than Safeway though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Costco pizza is a guaranteed lengthy trip to the can for me, curse my finicky bowels!!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xaris posted:

Eh, I find Whole Foods hit or miss and still a tad pricey but yeah it's a bit better with Bezo's buying them out. I also find their produce weirdly often kinda poo poo which k'know is kinda their Thing. That probably varies by locale a lot, but I'm spoiled with Berkeley Bowl and Monterey Market (local produce market) which has super cheap and good produce. WF is still an order of magnitude better than Safeway though.

I live by you. But I was specifically trying to avoid comparing Whole Foods to cheap local produce markets, which most people don't have.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do we need a competing Whole Foods thread? How does on prove they are prime there?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

I live by you. But I was specifically trying to avoid comparing Whole Foods to cheap local produce markets, which most people don't have.

yeah that's fair. If i lived in the midwest or something, I would probably shop at WF a lot more, or if my other option was Safeway i'd pick WF over Safeway. they're pretty much the same price and one is infinitely more miserable race-to-the-bottom shittier.

i like that they do carry more asian stuff than most grocery stores, and have an alright bulk section.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Burt Sexual posted:

Do we need a competing Whole Foods thread? How does on prove they are prime there?

you have to download the Amazon App and login and show em some QR code. it's also only 5% off the "yellow tagged" items.

but no, its not thread worthy. we had a trader joes and ikea thread and htey died a few pages in and WF would just be a bunch of "lol whole paycheck" posts until it died

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Do we need a competing Whole Foods thread?

gas every whole foods thread

bezos and the walton family belong blindfolded up against a wall

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

I was in a store in california last week and told them I’m on the canadian prime and that was like eh good enough. I saved 40 cents on peaches!

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

priznat posted:

Costco pizza is a guaranteed lengthy trip to the can for me, curse my finicky bowels!!

The 4 for $12 pack pizza:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I've never been in a Whole Foods and couldn't tell you where one was if my life depended on it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fair enough. Then stop talking about Whole Foods every third post.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Chinatown posted:

drat - not just mammoth, super mammoth. Gonna get some of these tomorrow.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I went to Costco yesterday. Refilled my contacts rx. They didn't have combo pizza so I had pepperoni. I then completed my grocery shopping elsewhere. Then I went to the other Costco because they carry different things but they did have combo pizza so I had a slice there too.

Thanks for listening.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Sucks for you, dude! All thay drat cheese plugs me up. Nothing a dawg cant handle tho.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

shovelbum posted:

Go into the co and immediately go to the food court. Tell them you want either a whole pep, whole cheese, or whole combo (co for supreme). They'll give you a receipt with a number (do not lose it) and you go do all your shopping. On your way out swing by the food court again and pick up your giant rear end pizza at the window with your receipt. A dog + churro is optional at any step.

Lots (though sadly not all) churches now have a dedicated pizza line that you can place a takeout order from too. Call the listed number for your co and there will be a pizza option on the dial menu.

pbuc

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

grillster posted:

The 4 for $12 pack pizza:

The cheese frozen pizza were just on sale for something like 4 for $6 or something. I like the thin crust pep pizza, add some onion and jalepeno to it when you throw it in. Grab a ceasar salad pack and boom, dinner is done for the family in like 12 minutes.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Go into the co and immediately go to the food court. Tell them you want either a whole pep, whole cheese, or whole combo (co for supreme). They'll give you a receipt with a number (do not lose it) and you go do all your shopping. On your way out swing by the food court again and pick up your giant rear end pizza at the window with your receipt. A dog + churro is optional at any step.

Lots (though sadly not all) churches now have a dedicated pizza line that you can place a takeout order from too. Call the listed number for your co and there will be a pizza option on the dial menu.

pbuc

Nice I saw someone doing this with like 2 pizzas and 4 churros today and wondered how it worked

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
WaPo confirms what we already knew

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

PBUC

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I've called ahead to Costco and picked up pizzas on the way to a friend's place. Can confirm they'll do special orders like veggie or half and half (at least at the Everett Costco)

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

I couldn't get beyond the paywall, was Costco #1?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

belt posted:

I couldn't get beyond the paywall, was Costco #1?

What does your heart tell you?

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I've called ahead to Costco and picked up pizzas on the way to a friend's place. Can confirm they'll do special orders like veggie or half and half (at least at the Everett Costco)

The one in LA I go to did not do special orders 😩