Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Welp, looks like we live here now.

Hell of a season. Three yakked games in a row though. Blazers need another weapon and some luck with the health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Hell of a season. Three yakked games in a row though. Blazers need another weapon and some luck with the health.

No money, no owners, ain't gonna happen.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at least the blazers found their third star Meyers Leonard

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome Portland Trailblazers fans. Your team showed a lot of heart getting this far but the Warriors swallow sweet stories whole.

I expect the Blazers to be back next year in the playoffs when I was not saying that at the end of last season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

harperdc posted:

A part of me really thought Lebron would've been perfect for that team until I saw him on the Lakers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lebron on the Blazers with all those shooters, and they'd roll over the regular season west until the Warriors punished them for also being the worst defensive team in the league.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

How many of those 17 point leads do the Blazers give up with Nurkic?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DeimosRising posted:

Maybe 1

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Hard to say. Definitely he would have helped on the rebounding front, although one of the most effective things the Blazers did to the Warriors was make them chase Collins and Leonard around at the three and Nurkic doesn't do that.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
I'd take Nurk against bogut any day of the week. Nurk averaged 20/10/3.5 against the warriors during the regular season.

Not saying they would have won, but it would have been a better series, for sure

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1130939511477874693

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Someone more objective tell me how excited I should be about Michael Porter Jr’s rookie year. Are there recent cases of draft picks missing their first seasons when they weren’t first overall picks? Am I crazy for thinking he has a good shot at first team rookie (because let’s be honest Zion is practically a lock for RoY)?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

Someone more objective tell me how excited I should be about Michael Porter Jr’s rookie year. Are there recent cases of draft picks missing their first seasons when they weren’t first overall picks?

Embiid, that worked out pretty well.

kingcobweb posted:

Am I crazy for thinking he has a good shot at first team rookie (because let’s be honest Zion is practically a lock for RoY)?

Let's maybe see if he can get through an NBA season first. He wasn't able to get through the combine-process without having to tap out, so first things first.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

kingcobweb posted:

Someone more objective tell me how excited I should be about Michael Porter Jr’s rookie year. Are there recent cases of draft picks missing their first seasons when they weren’t first overall picks? Am I crazy for thinking he has a good shot at first team rookie (because let’s be honest Zion is practically a lock for RoY)?

a one joel embiid

e: dang beat.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lebron's favorite Laker? Eddie Jones (Lebron apparently wants to finish his career with the Lakers, still).

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-reportedly-happy-in-los-angeles-wants-to-play-there-for-the-rest-of-his-career/

Obviously not the sort of thing that one puts too much stock in, but it's still nice to hear.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

Lebron's favorite Laker? Eddie Jones (Lebron apparently wants to finish his career with the Lakers, still).

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-reportedly-happy-in-los-angeles-wants-to-play-there-for-the-rest-of-his-career/

Obviously not the sort of thing that one puts too much stock in, but it's still nice to hear.

I liked Eddie Jones. Good all-around game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

getting a really strong feeling that the bulls will somehow reacquire cam payne

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

getting a really strong feeling that the bulls will somehow reacquire cam payne

👀👀👀👀

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they're gonna roll into the season with kris dunn, cam payne, and some marquis teague-caliber draft pick and paxson is going to say "we love where we are with position"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Paging Metapod

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

Red shirting seems to be great for players. He would have been a top 4ish pick in a very good Drafff. He gets buckets. He is very tall. He could average 15 points next year. They're so small on the wing that he should get a lot of playing time. They saw how much trouble an exclusively small wing rotation has in the postseason. We see something similar with Toronto's bench. These small guys just can't do as much when the game is more intense and physical.

They have every reason to play him, because they know they're good, and they need to get what they can out of him while he's still cost controlled (don't ban me for using economo jargon about an NBA player, I'm sorry).

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The Rockets fired Bzdelik, the assistant coach supposedly responsible for defense. I'm pretty surprised. Of course it's impossible for us to quantify an asst coaches impact from the outside but the fact that the Rockets started out trash poo poo garbage and then ended up putting together an alright defense after he came back seems like a fairly strong signal. Capela turning into a pumpkin is probably the big reason they couldnt keep it together in the playoffs

Also phone posting is insane how do you people do this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

The Rockets fired Bzdelik, the assistant coach supposedly responsible for defense. I'm pretty surprised. Of course it's impossible for us to quantify an asst coaches impact from the outside but the fact that the Rockets started out trash poo poo garbage and then ended up putting together an alright defense after he came back seems like a fairly strong signal. Capela turning into a pumpkin is probably the big reason they couldnt keep it together in the playoffs

I can’t remember the last time I posted from anything larger than a tablet.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
My phone has a physical keyboard which makes posting on it easier for me.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1131053519480344577

All those contracts were expiring and the only person they retained is the guy that KAT has been working with one-on-one

:unsmigghh: let's goooooo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

They FIRED the guy who retired, and then returned mid season when they begged him?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

They FIRED the guy who retired, and then returned mid season when they begged him?

That seems rough.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

scuz posted:

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1131053519480344577

All those contracts were expiring and the only person they retained is the guy that KAT has been working with one-on-one

:unsmigghh: let's goooooo

I'd like to get to know Dice Yoshimoto. He sounds like a real been around the world type of guy

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I can’t remember the last time I posted from anything larger than a tablet.

Yeah but you're a poet and a scholar mate

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Yeah but you're a poet and a scholar mate

Just one character at a time mate

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TeresaMWalker/status/1130957506438733824

Smitch comes home, KG and Glen make amends, KG's number gets retired. I mean, or something, idk.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

I dunno if they begged him or he decided retirement wasn't for him and wanted his spot back. Either way I guess it wasn't working. I know Harden made some cryptic dramatic statements after their elimination, maybe he hated ol Jefferino or something, we'll probably never know

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm the guy who gave Harden a first team all-defense vote btw

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm increasingly getting excited for which new all defense no offense player presti will add and who is going to pay noel too much money

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Metapod posted:

I'm increasingly getting excited for which new all defense no offense player presti will add and who is going to pay noel too much money

MKG could theoretically opt out

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Between this and the comments about Vogel yesterday, I don't think Jason Hart wants to be there any more.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowCP/status/1131372352653029376?s=19

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 23, 2019

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Between this and the comments about Vogel yesterday, I don't think Jason Hart wants to be there any more.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowCP/status/1131372352653029376?s=19

Did he think they were gonna cap out extending their current roster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

“How are the Lakers gonna afford a max contract for Josh Hart?” -josh hart