Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MSU's new president fired the horrific lawyer/former MI supreme court justice that Engler hired and gave $350,000/yr to

This was the guy who advised MSU to destroy documents and withhold them from investigators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
OK, this is probably the better thread for this, leaving it be here unless someone else thinks it needs another thread or location or whatever:

Not really sure where to put this but here’s another sports physician molesting hundreds of students while the admins closed their ears and looked the other way. Took him literally jacking off a student during an exam to get things changed, and even then, well:

quote:

Citing the three student complaints that occured within roughly a year’s time, Ohio State removed Strauss as an on-campus doctor that year. But he was allowed to keep his status as a tenured professor.

Strauss then opened an off-campus men’s clinic where the abuse continued. One former employee at the clinic told investigators that he witnessed the sexual abuse of patients — and that he was also abused by Strauss.

Strauss advertised his clinic in Ohio State’s student newspaper and at bars popular with the college crowd.

The clinic said it offered prompt treatment of common genital and urinary problems, with experienced doctors.

“STUDENT DISCOUNTS,” the ads proclaimed, in bold, black letters.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

elentar posted:

OK, this is probably the better thread for this, leaving it be here unless someone else thinks it needs another thread or location or whatever:

Not really sure where to put this but here’s another sports physician molesting hundreds of students while the admins closed their ears and looked the other way. Took him literally jacking off a student during an exam to get things changed, and even then, well:

Yeah it's been a pretty huge story around here. OSU's doing a whole lot of buck-passing right now on who knew what. Most if not all of the other OSU employees who were around when Strauss was doing this are either dead or long since retired.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

elentar posted:

good lord, what the hell

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

DJExile posted:

Yeah it's been a pretty huge story around here. OSU's doing a whole lot of buck-passing right now on who knew what. Most if not all of the other OSU employees who were around when Strauss was doing this are either dead or long since retired.

Some of them also became megachud congressmen. :shepface:
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1014150577071288320?s=19
E: https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1015362684999487490?s=19
:shepicide:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 22, 2019

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1156164787295916032?s=21
https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1156165657458819072?s=21

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Nassar's former boss William Strampel was sentenced to up to a year in jail for willfully neglecting his duty to monitor Nassar and sexually harassing students himself. In an incredibly cringeworthy statement, his lawyer argued for probation due to his "lifetime of public service."

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MSU is being fined $4.5m.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It's an absurdly small fine, but I can't imagine that any amount of money put into Betsy Devos' hands is going to wind up anywhere good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's less about the overall fine amount and more about how many violations they had under the Cleary Act

quote:

The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses. Compliance is monitored by the United States Department of Education, which can impose civil penalties, up to $54,789 per violation, against institutions for each infraction and can suspend institutions from participating in federal student financial aid programs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Anals of History posted:

It's an absurdly small fine, but I can't imagine that any amount of money put into Betsy Devos' hands is going to wind up anywhere good.

Does the fine get paid out of endowment funds or will they finance it through a tuition hike?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

elentar posted:

Does the fine get paid out of endowment funds or will they finance it through a tuition hike?

Probably a bit of both, although it will depend on the timeline agreed to on paying it back. Endowments are almost never very liquid.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The fine is pretty much a drop in the bucket next to the victim settlements

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Christ, is there anyone in Michigan that wasn't involved in the cover-up at this point?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vagabundo posted:

Christ, is there anyone in Michigan that wasn't involved in the cover-up at this point?

The University of Michigan
The Detroit Red Wings
Democrats

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gov. Snyder was busy trying to cover up the poisoning of an entire city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vagabundo posted:

the Detroit Lions couldnt cover anything in the 4th quarter yesterday