Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

yeah that's fair. If i lived in the midwest or something, I would probably shop at WF a lot more

Good luck finding one. We can't afford that stuff. I've seen 1 Whole Foods in about 5 years. I'm sure there is one at least in Milwaukee but nothing near me. I live in a city of 100,000+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
PBUC, for they make the only tissue paper worthy of my spilled seed.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

belt posted:

I couldn't get beyond the paywall, was Costco #1?

quote:

WaPo, on Costco hotdogs:
All in all, this “pleasing overall” hot dog scored the most points for having the right combination of spices, beef and snap that reminded our tasters of the best summer days of their youth. They epitomize “classic dog taste.” “I could eat three of these at a ballgame.” They “taste like childhood.” They “taste like summer.”

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
My Whole Foods salad yesterday ended up being $16. I made the fool's mistake of loading up with fruit. Still, compared to the bulk-bin discount stuff at Costco it was amazing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The WF salad bar is a trap.

A money trap of delicious poo poo sure but drat it makes for an expensive salad.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

A money trap of delicious poo poo sure but drat it makes for an expensive salad.

I feel like all salad bars/hot bars are traps.

Wegmans gets me every friggin time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah any of the ones where you weigh your selection is usually dangerous as hell.

All that heavy stuff adds up fast!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LadyPictureShow posted:

yeah I don't like particularly like salad/hot bars because they're fairly disgustingly unhygenic with people reaching into grab and sample food and dropping the spoons on the ground and just putting em back, coughing right infront, someone putting food back into it after deciding not to buy it. i've seen it all.

but pricing definitely a trap. if you're smart, yuou can get usually expensive things like avocados and a decent salad for cheapish, but you have to avoid anything with pastas, potatoes, sauces, lasagnas, whatever because it's $$$$$$$$$

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

The trick is to put the heavy stuff in a different box :wotwot:

"Sir, you just bought 5lbs of fresh mozzarella balls."

WHAT OF IT?!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Good luck finding one. We can't afford that stuff. I've seen 1 Whole Foods in about 5 years. I'm sure there is one at least in Milwaukee but nothing near me. I live in a city of 100,000+.

There's one downtown and one in Tosa. Outpost is better, the local co-op with a few locations that's been around since hippie days I think. Plus there's places like Pete's Fruit Market, Cermak, Tropic Banana, Woodman's, and Fresh Thyme that are all cheaper and better in some regards. There's a lot of grocery competition here.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

belt posted:

I couldn't get beyond the paywall, was Costco #1?

Should be able to open Incognito to get around the paywall unless WaPo/NYT wised up to that finally.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

jisforjosh posted:

Should be able to open Incognito to get around the paywall unless WaPo/NYT wised up to that finally.

Ahh nice, I didn't know that worked. Thanks!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Theres a high end supermarket near me with a build your own Poke bowl bar and holy poo poo does that all add up fast.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I get nervous enough when putting candy in a bag from the bulk food bin and the scales they have are always so inaccurate.

Sour gummies ftw

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

Theres a high end supermarket near me with a build your own Poke bowl bar and holy poo poo does that all add up fast.

Didn't Costco carry poke last summer? I hope that comes back. I used to just grab a tuna and make it but this thread or GWS talked me out of grabbing the fresh tuna / salmon and at least freezing it. Although I haven't had any problems, yet :yum: (couldn't find the loving can of worms smiley)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hed posted:

Didn't Costco carry poke last summer? I hope that comes back. I used to just grab a tuna and make it but this thread or GWS talked me out of grabbing the fresh tuna / salmon and at least freezing it. Although I haven't had any problems, yet :yum: (couldn't find the loving can of worms smiley)

They've always had it in Seattle, although they cut back from 4 or 5 different types to just the one. It's a great price, but the quality varies dramatically. I probably shouldn't eat the entire container for dinner, but at least it's all protein.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

My local store has it on select days where they have the fresh lobster and crab stuff. I think it was fridays for awhile.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Yo, did you know you can buy a bag of frozen jumbo shrimp for like $30(give or take) ? Or like a gazillion baby shrimps?
Blew my mind when I walked by the frozen seafood aisle one time...I've also never bought anything from the fishmonger. I forget they have fresh poo poo too. Salmon fillet is top notch tho.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Went to Costco twice today. Because I forgot artichoke hearts, rotisserie chicken, and canned tuna the first time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Richard M Nixon posted:

My Whole Foods salad yesterday ended up being $16. I made the fool's mistake of loading up with fruit. Still, compared to the bulk-bin discount stuff at Costco it was amazing.

Bitch, idiot, fucker

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wtf 16 dollars for a salad. should have bought 10 hot dogs instead

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Went to Costco twice today. Because I forgot artichoke hearts, rotisserie chicken, and canned tuna the first time.

A couple weeks ago I went to Costco three times. One time to work, one time to buy some stuff (left my wallet at home and had to go get it), and once because I was running late to a thing and got a text to dress nice and didn't have time to go home but was conveniently passing by another Costco.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
lately my local costco has fresh halibut fillets :getin:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If your Costco's fishmonger has rockfish there and you're not buying it, you're loving up.

acems
May 8, 2019

costco is restaurant depot for proles

e: pharmacy owns tho

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

acems posted:

costco is restaurant depot for proles

e: pharmacy owns tho

Are you talking about the Wholesale or Business Center locations? The former is tailored to families and poo poo.

acems
May 8, 2019

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Are you talking about the Wholesale or Business Center locations? The former is tailored to families and poo poo.

restaurant depot enterprise edition, where 3 pounds of cream cheese is $4, 15 pounds of pork shoulder is $30, and 10 pounds of mussels is $15

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Man, last time I went to Restaurant Depot I picked up a pair of slippers for $7 that I really like, a 5 TB external hard drive for $100, and a set of windshield wipers for next to nothing. Then I shoved 3 pounds of cream cheese up my rear end hole and posted about it in the Costco thread.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Xaris posted:

yeah I don't like particularly like salad/hot bars because they're fairly disgustingly unhygenic with people reaching into grab and sample food and dropping the spoons on the ground and just putting em back, coughing right infront, someone putting food back into it after deciding not to buy it. i've seen it all.

:shudder:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

There's one downtown and one in Tosa. Outpost is better, the local co-op with a few locations that's been around since hippie days I think. Plus there's places like Pete's Fruit Market, Cermak, Tropic Banana, Woodman's, and Fresh Thyme that are all cheaper and better in some regards. There's a lot of grocery competition here.

Yeah no poo poo. Within 5 miles I probably have maybe 6 grocery stores.

Salad bars look good to me and I always want to get it but I can't justify the cost. Also, if you're bringing it home, never get dressing on it. That probably weighs the most.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah no poo poo. Within 5 miles I probably have maybe 6 grocery stores.

Salad bars look good to me and I always want to get it but I can't justify the cost. Also, if you're bringing it home, never get dressing on it. That probably weighs the most.

We use Lucky's salad bar just to get stuff that is more expensive or more difficult to make. Quinoa, edamame, cut mushrooms, maybe hardboiled eggs. If you have the greens yourself and the dressing and just get the accessories for your salad it can work out, if not in cost then at least in convenience.

naem
May 29, 2011

I eat a lot more convenience food than I should, it probably doubles my food costs

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

It's me, the guy who lived blocks away from a Restaurant Depot and never went because I assumed it was for business accounts only. Goddamn fool...

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

nmagness posted:

It's me, the guy who lived blocks away from a Restaurant Depot and never went because I assumed it was for business accounts only. Goddamn fool...

Wait, isn't it for business accounts only?

https://www.restaurantdepot.com/membership/signup

quote:

*Restaurant Depot is business-to-business only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization. In the following states, you also need your FEIN: CT, IN, MA and PA.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Guys, I’m at Costco again today. Gonna pick up an adorable little washable rubber compost bin since my wife and I are trying to eat healthier and, consequently, generating a lot more green waste.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

Guys, I’m at Costco again today. Gonna pick up an adorable little washable rubber compost bin since my wife and I are trying to eat healthier and, consequently, generating a lot more green waste.

Get a coffee slushy

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

Get a coffee slushy

They don’t have those here, but I got a polish sausage dog because my cat sneezed in my eye so I’m on antibiotics that wreck the poo poo out of my stomach if I don’t eat every couple of hours.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

They don’t have those here, but I got a polish sausage dog because my cat sneezed in my eye so I’m on antibiotics that wreck the poo poo out of my stomach if I don’t eat every couple of hours.

Whoa, your Costco still has the polish dog? Lucky.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

belt posted:

Whoa, your Costco still has the polish dog? Lucky.

Yeah he is blessed.

The polish is the one true dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Polish dog 4 lyfe, yo!