Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:siren::siren::siren:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jesus christ

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So that's why the Readiness folks were all busy today.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Anywhere in the Middle East specifically, or just some random patch of sand?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

what the gently caress

I know, right, rimming can be enjoyed by both the gay, straight, and everywhere between communities

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nick Soapdish posted:

I know, right, rimming can be enjoyed by both the gay, straight, and everywhere between communities

20 times in a night tho

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
10k isn't near enough to do anything to Iran though, surely?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nuclear War posted:

10k isn't near enough to do anything to Iran though, surely?

No it's not.

10k going against the Iranians on their home turf would be a bug on a windshield.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's about Donnie waving his tiny flaccid penis. Which he hasn't seen in years.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fuckin news tsunami today

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1131329850638307328?s=19

Also, it's worse, it's Bolton waving around Donnie's flaccid penis and telling him it's a can of diet coke

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
We’re going to see either a limited exchange or a gently caress-it-all planet cracker, all because Cheeto-dick had his fee-fees hurt.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Just... dont? Surely someone will stand up and say yo this is dumb as gently caress

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syrian Lannister posted:

limited exchange

No such thing as limited exchange in nuclear horseshoes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

No such thing as limited exchange in nuclear horseshoes

:getin:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Just... dont? Surely someone will stand up and say yo this is dumb as gently caress

oh, surely

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mattis left.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/DanielHewittITV...ingawful.com%2F

they all want her out but who would actually want the job presiding over this shitshow?

Tomorrow we go to the polls to vote for which MPs we elect for the European Parliament. The same one we should have left already. I think there will be a great many protest votes, mine among them.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Nah, we've been stacking the general officer ranks with yes-men (and women) for decades.

Let's burn this poo poo to the ground.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh, and John Walker Lindh gets released tomorrow.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

That's what I said in 2003.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Too many Evangelical shitheads in the military. They will happily pull out their Bible and cites you some scripture about why this is a good idea.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Too many Evangelical shitheads in the military. They will happily pull out their Bible and cites you some scripture about why this is a good idea.

Especially the ones that control the nukes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Going to war to save Jerusalem and prepare the world for armageddon and the rapture

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Crakkerjakk posted:

Especially the ones that control the nukes.

:stare:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

It's been a pretty well known thing that there's an extremely heavy Evangelical presence in the USAF academy and of those, there's a disproportionate amount in Missiles.

The plus side I guess is that all of those Jesus/Rapture freaks are largely exiled to missile bases in the middle of nowhere.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

MRC48B posted:

Nah, we've been stacking the general officer ranks with yes-men (and women) for decades.

Let's burn this poo poo to the ground.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

It's been a pretty well known thing that there's an extremely heavy Evangelical presence in the USAF academy and of those, there's a disproportionate amount in Missiles.

The plus side I guess is that all of those Jesus/Rapture freaks are largely exiled to missile bases in the middle of nowhere.

Have you read Command & Control? Does this give you a warm (*not ionizing radiation) feeling?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

Have you read Command & Control? Does this give you a warm (*not ionizing radiation) feeling?

Apocalyptical religious fundamentalists in control of doomsday weapons is fiiiiiiinnnneeee.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mean my only request is that if they're gonna do it, sack up and do the whole world in a flash. Though I guess since DC will be rended down to its component atoms in the event of a nuclear exchange I'm probably good on that front.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Godholio posted:

There aren't too many people about whom you can honestly say the world at large would be appreciably better if they had died several years earlier.

I'm legit not trying to get people to post names, but it's kinda fun to think about.

Plenty of people would have left the world a better place being fragged in Vietnam had they gone.

Plenty more people would also have left the world a better place by taking the jail time or consequence of not going to Vietnam and dying.

Fister Roboto posted:

what the gently caress

If you don't eat rear end I don't want you to be my president.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Vasudus posted:

The Air Force Academy has an architecturally fascinating cadet chapel. Looks really cool.

Go inside, and the Protestant chapel room is a beautiful open space with a high vaulted roof, lots of marble, and an enormous pipe organ.

Go downstairs, and the Catholic chapel area is a reasonably nice room in the basement.

The Jewish and Buddhist chapel areas are tiny windowless basement rooms. You can't actually see the entryway from that first exterior photo. It's hidden away in an access passage.

Pictured: the basement entry

Muslim? You can maybe carve out some space in the all-faith room, which I am told exists but could never actually locate.

I have no idea how hard evangelism is pushed at the academy, but religion in general was pushed hard for everyone. Back when I was in basic training, we all had to go to some kind of religious thing on Sunday morning. Atheism was no excuse; that was an order, albeit an illegal one. I went to the generic Christian service and snoozed with my eyes open, but I really regret that I never went to Wiccan services. From what I later learned, they gave out candy and drinks. We just got this awful song, which they played before every week's church service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvbBwsMTgI

Somehow, even eight weeks in, it still made half the trainees in the audience start sobbing like they just lost their favorite pet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
As of 2003, we had the option to attend services or hang out in the dorms. There was no pushing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I went to a few LDS services because I was told they had candy.

They did, but it was like old people candy. Like those horrible old timey gumdrops, the kind that you think they only made one batch of in 1943 and because of the war effort couldn't put any flavor into them.

It was not worth it, because after the service it was this awkward group therapy poo poo where they would push converting to mormonism.

I opted to stay in the barracks and clean the same windows for nine hours.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

As I understand they also pair cadets with local families as a support network thing, and a bunch of the local families that volunteer for that program are also religious fundies tied into the various local nuts (focus on the family affiliated churches, among others).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maybe they can put a fuckin monument up for him at ole miss

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Just gonna leave this article from 10 loving years ago right here

https://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Muslim service was giving out coffee and chocolate at Knox when I was there.

I didn't go, mainly because it was a chance for some quiet while everyone ran off to pretend to be good christian soldiers or whatever.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't think I ever attended a religious service the entire time I was in the military.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

psydude posted:

I don't think I ever attended a religious service the entire time I was in the military.

I went to the Catholic one in Kuwait because it was closer to Lutheran (which I was raised in) than the Protestant one (which was more baptist-y) and also because the chaplain let me down the remains of the sacramental wine after the service if I helped him out. Also he was Jesuit trained and pretty interesting to talk to. When he was like "well, a lot of the Bible is really allegory" I was like "man, does the pope know you're saying this poo poo? I don't wanna get you in trouble."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I too was a dirty atheist and slept under my bed to avoid getting yelled at in the off chance an

not caring here posted:

Muslim service was giving out coffee and chocolate at Knox when I was there.

I didn't go, mainly because it was a chance for some quiet while everyone ran off to pretend to be good christian soldiers or whatever.

When I was at Benning it was a chance to get some extra sleep because the drill sergeants wanted some quiet time too when the majority of trainees were gone. It was always weird getting pressured to join in on going to a service. I was pretty clear I was a dirty atheist, but that never stopped a handful of dudes from trying to convert me like some uncontacted tribesman who had never heard of “Jesus” before..