Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I bet literally 4 people would have watched Loqueesha and now due to the internet outrage machine a couple of million are going to watch it either out of morbid curiosity or so they can make Youtube videos about it. Maybe we will get Loqueesha 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah that dude's career is made.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I hadn't heard of Loqueesha until now so I looked it up on IMDB and the FAQ consists of

Q: Does he literally rip a black woman's head in half and wear it while on the air like in the poster?
A: Probably not. But it's a questionable choice to have the black woman screaming instead of smiling.

I'll give it a shot I guess.

Also Catch-22 is extremely my poo poo, both the novel and this Hulu adaption. Dude playing YoYo is on point.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is better call Saul consistently good? Watching the first season and wondering

Follow up: I was thinking about an epic movie later and there are a couple 2h+ things on Netflix I haven’t seen - people like The Wandering Earth, right? I sort of have a hankering for a classic though and I was thinking of watching Once Upon a Time In America is it worth the enormous Zhivago-like time investment?

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 23, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It is absolutely not better than Breaking Bad but it's really great regardless.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

veni veni veni posted:

The fact that this is even debated should speak to the quality of the show. If you liked breaking bad there’s no reason you shouldn’t be watching BCS.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

:agreed:, though I’d say a couple episodes are just as good as those among BB’s top 10. BCS’s only fault is its tendency to meander when it’s not following Jimmy/Saul, but that’s only because it’s more of an ensemble than BB.

I rewatch both shows at least once a year, they’re both fantastic.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad.

:agreed:

For horror fans out there, it looks like the entire (first 8 or so anyway) Friday the 13th movies will be on Prime as of the 31st.

I want to watch all of them and also all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, but it doesn’t appear they are streaming anywhere.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

dantheman650 posted:

For horror fans out there, it looks like the entire (first 8 or so anyway) Friday the 13th movies will be on Prime as of the 31st.

Jason X is available on Netflix right now if you'd just like to skip to the best one.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

Jason X is available on Netflix right now if you'd just like to skip to the best one.

Huh, looks like Netflix actually has the most recent 4 films but they are all leaving on June 1st and not coming to Prime. So I guess I’m going to watch them out of order.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sarchasm posted:

Hell yeah

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I hope this goes without saying, but if you are watching Better Call Saul you should make sure you've seen Breaking Bad first. It's a prequel, and while it is fantastic and stands on its own, it benefits from meeting the characters in their true first introductions.

I would argue, like that other guy, that at its best it matches the best of Breaking Bad. There is one particular episode in season 3 that is probably top 3 between the two shows.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Superrodan posted:

I would argue, like that other guy, that at its best it matches the best of Breaking Bad. There is one particular episode in season 3 that is probably top 3 between the two shows.

I think it says something to the quality of BCS that I'm not even sure which episode you're talking about.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Sarchasm posted:

Lies. The Final Chapter is the best one.

BCS is "okay". I've found myself bored with most of it to be honest.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 23, 2019

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Lonely Island just put out a 30-minute "visual poem" on Netflix about Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco's rap career in the late 80's. There is no part of that sentence that doesn't interest me.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just finished ep.2 of Chernobyl, this show is really drat good. The pacing is great and it manages to maintain it's suspense the whole time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BisterdDave posted:

Just finished ep.2 of Chernobyl, this show is really drat good. The pacing is great and it manages to maintain it's suspense the whole time.

Watching ep2 right now. That first scene is outstanding / something right out of a good horror film.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chernobyl is so good, my wife has been having nuclear nightmares since ep 1

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

The Lonely Island just put out a 30-minute "visual poem" on Netflix about Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco's rap career in the late 80's. There is no part of that sentence that doesn't interest me.

I don't know what the gently caress I just watched but it was pretty good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

This is loving incredible.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

every song in this special/on the album loving rips

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:geno: And I’m Mark.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
where is Observe and Report streaming?

ed: ah it's on netflix

old.flv fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 24, 2019

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Lonely Island experience whipped so much rear end.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Man that special came out of nowhere and was exactly my jam. I thought the baseball team rap was incredible.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That special had some of the best beats I have heard this year.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Joooooooooossssssssssssssse.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I heard nothing about that special before yesterday. Did it come out of nowhere? God it's perfect.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

I heard nothing about that special before yesterday. Did it come out of nowhere? God it's perfect.

Yeah.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Edward Mass posted:

For anyone who enjoyed this I heartily recommend the YouTube series Pretty Good by Jon Bois. Also anything else by Jon Bois.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

That special had some of the best beats I have heard this year.

Yeah it was way catchier than it had any right to be.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For anyone who enjoyed this I heartily recommend the YouTube series Pretty Good by Jon Bois. Also anything else by Jon Bois.

I just finished his new two hour examination of pro athletes named Bob and was almost in tears while watching it on the train this morning.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
:same:

The grandeur he rightly places on the human and mundane is something special.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
This special has me so psyched to see Lonely Island next month

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m just starting it but Man Seeking Woman is really good so far.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

his old SBNation articles, especially Breaking Madden, are works of pure art. The Death of Basketball is probably the greatest sports article ever written.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Wow Observe and Report got real loving dark

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People itt thread always say Observe and Report is super dark but I think it's more absurdist than anything. It's that Jody Hill reality, where dark poo poo happens all of the time but no one treats it as such so it's just funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

well there is the date rape