Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

If you’re trying to play statuepode is there any good way to guarantee access to Statue Form, or is it purely random? I feel like going Sif until you get it then switching to Chei later is the best option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Level gen is trying its hardest every day.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

PMush Perfect posted:

And dead in Zig 23 in a level with at least eight pan lords. I died on the portal out, too. :saddowns:

And there it is.

Sorry to hear about the bad break, but I don't think we undersold it. Pan Lord levels are some of the most dangerous and variable. Other notables are slime levels (corrosion and non-resistable paralysis), spider (non-resistable corrosion), Mummy levels, and damnation/burny hell themed levels. Runners-up awards go to Crypt, Cocytus, and Abyss themed levels, all of which can be incredibly dangerous if you're underprepared but whose denizens aren't usually tough enough to break a character geared for zig-running.

icantfindaname posted:

If you’re trying to play statuepode is there any good way to guarantee access to Statue Form, or is it purely random? I feel like going Sif until you get it then switching to Chei later is the best option?

I don't know if there's much guaranteeing any particular spell that isn't in a starter kit. It looks like it's only naturally in the book of Transfigurations and the book of Earth, so it's not the most common spell around. Sif is the traditional answer when trying to fish for a specific spell outside of Vehumet's blasty spells, yeah. Should Roxanne appear before you've found the spell, killing her will yield it, apparently guaranteed, but that wouldn't be a small ask, given Roxanne's notorious toughness. :v:

Never had the cause and opportunity to check, but if the wiki is right, Roxanne IS vulnerable to silence. You could step into her sight radius, read silence, and safely dismantle her as long as your DPS is high enough. Of course, Roxanne isn't a guaranteed spawn, and usually appears pretty deep, but I guess that's the closest alternative to a guaranteed source of Statue Form.

Haifisch posted:

Level gen is trying its hardest every day.

Poor level gen, putting in the effort, but do I remember all the times it got my dungeon just right? No, I mostly remember all the times it locked a stone wall vault's entrance behind another stone wall. Or orphaned 3/4 of the level so that I would have needed digging to find anything of value. Or when it breaks a vault letting out an OOD monster. Keep trying, level gen.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shady Amish Terror posted:

And there it is.

Sorry to hear about the bad break, but I don't think we undersold it. Pan Lord levels are some of the most dangerous and variable. Other notables are slime levels (corrosion and non-resistable paralysis), spider (non-resistable corrosion), Mummy levels, and damnation/burny hell themed levels. Runners-up awards go to Crypt, Cocytus, and Abyss themed levels, all of which can be incredibly dangerous if you're underprepared but whose denizens aren't usually tough enough to break a character geared for zig-running.
Nah, I had options, I just forgot about my evocables until it was too late to matter.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

PMush Perfect posted:

Nah, I had options, I just forgot about my evocables until it was too late to matter.

I see you play crawl like I do.

Also, have Aragnazar's Very Good Changes to artefacts and what not been added yet? Because they should!

Thank you again to everyone making this game so much fun to play.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

FulsomFrank posted:

I see you play crawl like I do.

Also, have Aragnazar's Very Good Changes to artefacts and what not been added yet? Because they should!

Thank you again to everyone making this game so much fun to play.

Sorry, I've been taking a bit of a break from Gooncrawl dev. I wasn't making as much progress on things that I wanted (like permabuff cost adjustment) and it was starting to stress me out so I figured a break would be good to come back with a fresh mind.

If someone wants to put together votes for things and knows how to compile/test pull requests properly, I can give them access to the fork to merge stuff for the thread that's sitting in wait.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ziggurats are russian roulette but w only a few hours of your life to throw away

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Floodkiller posted:

Sorry, I've been taking a bit of a break from Gooncrawl dev. I wasn't making as much progress on things that I wanted (like permabuff cost adjustment) and it was starting to stress me out so I figured a break would be good to come back with a fresh mind.

If someone wants to put together votes for things and knows how to compile/test pull requests properly, I can give them access to the fork to merge stuff for the thread that's sitting in wait.

I will learn c++ if I gotta to keep this project alive. This fork has been the most fun I've had in crawl in like a decade. Someone direct me toward a book to buy on amazon.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Levelgen, we need to have a talk. It's one thing when you break levels but I can get to the other parts, but I can't get in there at all. You have a problem, level gen. You need help.

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
Is the latest version of gooncrawl still the 1.0 one on github?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Matty posted:

Is the latest version of gooncrawl still the 1.0 one on github?

The latest offline build is in the OP/second post or on WebTiles, 1.0 is massively out of date.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Captainsalami posted:

I will learn c++ if I gotta to keep this project alive. This fork has been the most fun I've had in crawl in like a decade. Someone direct me toward a book to buy on amazon.

I've been wanting to set up a Linux server (probably Red Hat if possible) for my own use anyway. If someone can recommend a good hosting site where I could get a server instantiated suitable for hosting crawl I will look into that. I would hope then I could set up a developmental fork there for code in testing by anyone and another fork to actually unit/system test changes. We'd still push people to kelbi.org for the current release, maybe eventually we could figure out a way to combine stats and have our own listgame.

I'd need some help configuring the server and I guess I would set up cron jobs to periodically pull whichever branch and run a build. The present backlog is a little much for me to handle so someone would need to step up in terms of documenting new features and handling voting, etc.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I've got another engagement that's eating up my time until early June and my own efforts into building the branch and being active on it have withered. Once that's cleared up I could certainly take charge of those responsibilities.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

quote:

_The gnoll throws a javelin. The javelin misses you.
Quivering d - 2 throwing nets for throwing.
You throw a throwing net. The throwing net hits the gnoll.
The gnoll is caught in the net!
The gnoll is moderately wounded.
_The gnoll struggles against the net.
_The gnoll reads a scroll. The gnoll blinks!

:staredog:

I found this guy on d2.

edit:

quote:

You hit the gnoll.
The gnoll is heavily wounded.
_The gnoll drinks a potion. The gnoll is healed!
_You hit the gnoll but do no damage. The gnoll barely misses you. x2
_You aren't carrying any potions.

:staredog: :staredog:

e2:

I finally killed him. He had a chain mail, a second scroll of blinking, and a ring of poison resistance.

ZeeToo fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 23, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZeeToo posted:

I finally killed him. He had a chain mail, a second scroll of blinking, and a ring of poison resistance.
I didn't know Crawl had PVP.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Araganzar posted:

I've been wanting to set up a Linux server (probably Red Hat if possible) for my own use anyway. If someone can recommend a good hosting site where I could get a server instantiated suitable for hosting crawl I will look into that. I would hope then I could set up a developmental fork there for code in testing by anyone and another fork to actually unit/system test changes. We'd still push people to kelbi.org for the current release, maybe eventually we could figure out a way to combine stats and have our own listgame.

I'd need some help configuring the server and I guess I would set up cron jobs to periodically pull whichever branch and run a build. The present backlog is a little much for me to handle so someone would need to step up in terms of documenting new features and handling voting, etc.

I could maybe handle documentation. I'm waiting till the 4th next month due to a PC rebuild but seeing as I have a full month between now and the new ff14 expac I got time. Whatre we looking at, a document of the differences between mainline and gooncrawl?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

PMush Perfect posted:

I didn't know Crawl had PVP.

:ghost:

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I decided to try "Gooncrawl" on CPO. How do I turn off whatever this crab meme is? I know I have to edit the settings file but it is blank.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Captainsalami posted:

I could maybe handle documentation. I'm waiting till the 4th next month due to a PC rebuild but seeing as I have a full month between now and the new ff14 expac I got time. Whatre we looking at, a document of the differences between mainline and gooncrawl?

The changelog definitely needs updating since v1.0, Tollymain has been staying on top of updating the feature request list as far as I can tell.

AbortRetryFail posted:

I decided to try "Gooncrawl" on CPO. How do I turn off whatever this crab meme is? I know I have to edit the settings file but it is blank.

"fake_lang = <language>(, <language>...)" sets the fake languages, with crab being one of them (and apparently the default setting on CPO). A quick hack (because I can't figure out the proper way to disable a default setting) is to either just have another fake_lang selected, or set something like "fake_lang = null" to error out the line (although you'll get an rcfile error on load each time you launch the game). "tile_player_tile = (normal | playermons | mons:<monster> | tile:<monster-tile>)" controls the player tile, which is defaulting to 'mons:fire crab'; the paperdoll is 'normal', otherwise you can define it using the other options ('playermons' is the monster tile for the species you chose).

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
[quote="Floodkiller" post="495321691"]
The changelog definitely needs updating since v1.0, Tollymain has been staying on top of updating the feature request list as far as I can tell.

I'll hit you and arag up on discord when I'm home from work.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
This is the one I've been playing that Tolly whipped up a while ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk138jy1renm9at/gooncrawl-20190328-tiles-win64.zip?dl=0

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Floodkiller posted:

"fake_lang = <language>(, <language>...)" sets the fake languages, with crab being one of them (and apparently the default setting on CPO). A quick hack (because I can't figure out the proper way to disable a default setting) is to either just have another fake_lang selected, or set something like "fake_lang = null" to error out the line (although you'll get an rcfile error on load each time you launch the game). "tile_player_tile = (normal | playermons | mons:<monster> | tile:<monster-tile>)" controls the player tile, which is defaulting to 'mons:fire crab'; the paperdoll is 'normal', otherwise you can define it using the other options ('playermons' is the monster tile for the species you chose).

Thanks for this. I'll try it out later tonight.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
code:
Haifisch the Prestidigitator (SEAc)                Turns: 23018, Time: 01:22:18

Health: 94/94      AC: 15    Str: 14    XL:     14   Next: 89%
Magic:  22/22      EV: 17    Int: 18    God:    Vehumet [*****.]
Gold:   734        SH:  5    Dex: 13    Spells: 9/29 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis .   a - +3 Elemental Staff {rElec rF++ rC++ MR++ AC+5, garbage day}
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   n - +0 buckler
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   e - +2 robe {MR+}
rPois    +         Spirit   .   D - -2 hat of the Alchemist {rElec rPois rF+ rC+ rN+ MR+ rMut rCorr}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   h - +0 cloak
rCorr    +         Harm     .   E - +2 pair of gloves
rMut     +                      (no boots)
MR       +++++                  (no amulet)
Stlth    ++........             b - +4 ring of protection
HPRegen  1.25/turn              H - ring of wizardry
MPRegen  0.18/turn
Just going to have all the resists in the world I guess. (except rN+++)

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Haifisch posted:

code:
Haifisch the Prestidigitator (SEAc)                Turns: 23018, Time: 01:22:18

Health: 94/94      AC: 15    Str: 14    XL:     14   Next: 89%
Magic:  22/22      EV: 17    Int: 18    God:    Vehumet [*****.]
Gold:   734        SH:  5    Dex: 13    Spells: 9/29 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis .   a - +3 Elemental Staff {rElec rF++ rC++ MR++ AC+5, garbage day}
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   n - +0 buckler
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   e - +2 robe {MR+}
rPois    +         Spirit   .   D - -2 hat of the Alchemist {rElec rPois rF+ rC+ rN+ MR+ rMut rCorr}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   h - +0 cloak
rCorr    +         Harm     .   E - +2 pair of gloves
rMut     +                      (no boots)
MR       +++++                  (no amulet)
Stlth    ++........             b - +4 ring of protection
HPRegen  1.25/turn              H - ring of wizardry
MPRegen  0.18/turn
Just going to have all the resists in the world I guess. (except rN+++)

That's what Lich Form is for!

EDIT: Had all the runes and then won my game by dying on a Pan floor of a zig as was foretold by the ancients. All in all had terrible luck with gear drops outside of getting lucky with a couple of unrands here and there. Couldn't find jewelry worth a drat either and was using a ring of rCorr and +5 evasion for nearly the entire game until I found a slightly better rCorr artefact two floors before I died. It was fun smooshing everyone in my path with the Dark Maul though.

FulsomFrank fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 24, 2019

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

FulsomFrank posted:

That's what's Lich Form is for!

that's what I keep saying!!! a SE has no excuse not to!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Does Slaying bonus/malus only affect Physical damage/accuracy, or Spell accuracy as well since it's ranged?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

Does Slaying bonus/malus only affect Physical damage/accuracy, or Spell accuracy as well since it's ranged?

as far as i know slaying only applies to wielded weapon, unarmed combat & throwing

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Extremely important feature request:

Have naga's poison spit naturally turn into poison clouds as you level up. Poison spit sucks rear end past D6 or so, and it also sucks having to hope purple turns it into something not-poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Extremely important feature request:

Have naga's poison spit naturally turn into poison clouds as you level up. Poison spit sucks rear end past D6 or so, and it also sucks having to hope purple turns it into something not-poo poo.
Agree.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I harp on it, but give tengus permaflight right out the gate

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vine Stalkers are real good.
Gyre and Gimble are real good.
Crown of Eternal Torment is real good.
Singularity is real good.
Tornado is real good.

https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/morgue/rednecknazgul/morgue-rednecknazgul-20190525-051251.txt

Long story short, cleared 7 zigs, maxed all of the skills, undoubtedly could have kept going but :effort:.

High point was sitting on the entrance stairs on floor 27 of the seventh Zig, alternating between Singularity and Tornado to clear out over fifty Pan Lords.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

redneck nazgul posted:

Vine Stalkers are real good.
Gyre and Gimble are real good.
Crown of Eternal Torment is real good.
Singularity is real real real really really real really really real real really real real good.
Tornado is real good.int was sitting on the entrance stairs on floor 27 of the seventh Zig, alternating between Singularity and Tornado to clear out over fifty Pan Lords.

Fixed this for you. Make sure in the future you indicate proper levels of real goodness when mentioning Singularity.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Floodkiller posted:

This was my first attempt, so I'm not sure if this is the best way but I didn't get an error messages unless they are just written to a log file somewhere. The options text file says:

pre:
A number of options can have a list of values. Most but not all of these
options allow setting multiple values in a single line, separated by commas.
It is possible to reset, add items to, or remove items from such an option.
   Add values to the end of the list (append):
      drop_filter += useless, enchant
   Add values to the beginning of the list (prepend):
      drop_filter ^= forbidden
   Remove values from the list (exact match only):
      drop_filter -= enchant
   Reset the list:
      drop_filter = bad_item, dangerous_item
   Empty the list:
      drop_filter =
I'm pretty sure I have managed to get the game back to 'normal' with the following:

pre:
fake_lang =
tile_player_tile = normal

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 25, 2019

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

had a deep dwarf archaeologist get god drat leech out of the box

then like immediately after got abyssed by a crimson imp with a distortion dagger and died

i... don't think i can play crawl for a minute :negative:

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My best crawl run so far was ruined by my cat jumping on my keyboard and stepping on the . key while I was fighting the Royal Jelly.

I didn't play for a couple of days after that.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I added a few changes to the Good Unrands patch:
- removed the following from Ac generation: Wrath of Trog, Moog, Scythe of Curse All Your poo poo, Shield of Ignorance, Amulet of Air, Obsidian Axe, Majin Bo, Etheric Cage
- changed Sword of Power from +20 to +40 HP
- added 8 dex to Bloodbane (it's still bad, they can't all be winners)
- changed Sword of Zealot from *Rage to +Rage
- removed base delay penalty from Sniper (insanity?)
- added rmut to Plutonium Sword, not sure how this interacts with the contam but why not
- added ac 7, ev 7, base damage 2 to Captain's Cutlass, it still sucks but now less more so
- made Dragon Mask +3 with MR+++ it's a frigging dragon mask!
- made octopus rings +3
- gave Firestarter +6 AC and +30HP
- I added notac (don't spawn for Ac crate) to a bunch of lovely jewelry I don't think it uses those anyway but just to be sure

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

It's rude to straight up remove wrath of trog from the box but change zealot's sword to be usable, imo! either remove both or change both

remove dark maul from it, though, that thing's impossible

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Giving the plutonium sword rMut won't do anything, even if it did work on contam mutations, which it doesn't, you're not going to be putting the sword back on to block the contam mutation after you've taken it off.

Put the Obsidian Axe back into the crates, I've not got it yet but trying to make a fully obsidian axe run work would be fun if probably futile.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I actually got pretty far with dark maul on an OcAc. Sneak up to guys and BAM attack speed matters less when they can't see you. Total glass cannon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Hubris.png

Isk's Undoing: It has "undoing" in the name for a reason.

Also, did you know that getting hit with an OOD shows as "disintegration" in the morgue file? Because I didn't, and spent a bunch of time figuring out how to view gooncrawl ttyrecs because it made me confused as gently caress.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 27, 2019