Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Between this and the comments about Vogel yesterday, I don't think Jason Hart wants to be there any more.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowCP/status/1131372352653029376?s=19

He probably wasn't purposely dissing Frank Vogel (his "45 year old guy telling him about analytics" was pretty generic media criticism in context) although he is pretty unhappy for sure. It sounds a lot like he thought they were going to turn the franchise over to him the way they did in summer league (maybe they told him that?) and just in general is not happy about being a roleplayer. Which sucks but I don't know what the answer is, and it's not like he lit it up when the Ingram and Lonzo were out and the Lakers second scorer spot was up for grabs. I just think in general the Lakers well was super poisoned by last year's experience, but hey throw a bunch of bad locker room guys on a team and then publicly fail to trade them all for AD and that's to be expected.

Rick fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's just upset he got put on blast on reddit for ghosting a dude that sold him a switch for lakers tickets

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Something tells me that the Lakers could find the room for Josh Harts 8 mil a year contract

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1131628596794208257

The western conference is in trouble for next season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That is one of those custom extreme funerals, right? RiP.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i love that they still included one picture of him sitting down resting lol. couldn't get together three whole workout shots

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheTimelinePod/status/1131659930426122241

please be true :pray:

It's the perfect time to sell. Sarver secured a publicly funded arena renovation so the you'd assume the value of the franchise goes up too.

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 23, 2019

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

This is the best picture I've seen in a long time I just laughed for about a minute

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It's like the did the baby face filter on himself while lifting weights

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

It's like the did the baby face filter on himself while lifting weights

Lol I thought the same thing

I had a vision about the Kings. It might be far off, but if I don’t put it down and it ends up coming true, I’ll be devastated.

They commit to playing Bagley at the 4 and Giles (who is the next Jokic level passing big man, so you know) as the backup center. Cauley-Stein walks (maybe the Sixers pick him up as backup C but comedy option there is Noel). Sign Vucevic to a big ol contract to play 30 mins a game, and unfortunately Barnes opts out and re-signs for more.

Now they’re looking at Fox-buddy-barnes-Bagley-vuc, with Bogdan son of Bogdan, Giles, and Bjelica coming off the bench. With Bogie running the offense, we need a nominal pg/bench gunner. (Re)Enter Isaiah Thomas at near the minimum. Maybe we keep Yogi on, but Frank Mason is gone. That’s as far as I’ve gotten, I think. Mind you, it’s not what I want to happen, but it’s where my mind wandered.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It's the perfect time to sell. Sarver secured a publicly funded arena renovation so the you'd assume the value of the franchise goes up too.

holy poo poo

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

The Maestro posted:

Lol I thought the same thing

I had a vision about the Kings. It might be far off, but if I don’t put it down and it ends up coming true, I’ll be devastated.

They commit to playing Bagley at the 4 and Giles (who is the next Jokic level passing big man, so you know) as the backup center. Cauley-Stein walks (maybe the Sixers pick him up as backup C but comedy option there is Noel). Sign Vucevic to a big ol contract to play 30 mins a game, and unfortunately Barnes opts out and re-signs for more.

Now they’re looking at Fox-buddy-barnes-Bagley-vuc, with Bogdan son of Bogdan, Giles, and Bjelica coming off the bench. With Bogie running the offense, we need a nominal pg/bench gunner. (Re)Enter Isaiah Thomas at near the minimum. Maybe we keep Yogi on, but Frank Mason is gone. That’s as far as I’ve gotten, I think. Mind you, it’s not what I want to happen, but it’s where my mind wandered.

If this is the level of detail you get when you're mind is just wandering, imagine what you could accomplish if you actually focused.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

Jason Hart chat

Yeah, I think he overestimates himself a bit (fwiw I really liked him as a player year before last) and that knee injury is super no bueno for his long term career.

https://twitter.com/MickstapeShow/status/1131973309611036673?s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Big Jesus posted:

This is the best picture I've seen in a long time I just laughed for about a minute

"When you shoot 30% but then look at your paycheck"

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Imagine your PR people putting out pictures of you PUTTIN' WORK IN and they include one pic of you chillin looking like you're wondering whose got your phone.

Could an athlete and his PR team be any more aligned?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Congrats Phoenix fans

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

It looks like the Rockets are making a number of changes to Mike D’Antoni’s staff, even beyond the exit of Jeff Bzdelik. The Houston Chronicle’s Jonathan Feigen reports that on Friday assistant coaches Roy Rogers and Mitch Vanya, video coordinator John Cho, and player development assistant (and James Harden’s trainer) Irv Roland were told they won’t be back either.

Do they want to get rid of D‘Antoni? Firing his staff is not subtle.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

More :kingsley: in Houston.
https://twitter.com/BasketBlog_com/status/1132411658029084674?s=19

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
When is Paul not yelling at teammates

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi :sadwave:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

When is Paul not yelling at teammates

when he's talking to the front office about getting traded

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Milwaukee sports: a half century of constant disappointment.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Welcome Bucks fans. I did not expect your team to lose so I have not even been thinking of anything to say here, but keep Brook Lopez and the future is bright.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Bucks had a hell of a team this year. Hope you can find some solace in your MVP who’s about to get next level unreal paid

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/isjanosnba/status/1132486748900954113?s=19

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

maybe one day this gimmick will be funny

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Bucks need to figure out how to keep Brook, throw some guys against the wall and see who sticks as rotation guy, and get another year of experience and roster continuity.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wonder if they're regretting the Bledsoe extension after that series

They gotta spend whatever it takes to keep all three of Middleton/Brogdon/Lopez, right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

Wonder if they're regretting the Bledsoe extension after that series

They gotta spend whatever it takes to keep all three of Middleton/Brogdon/Lopez, right?

It's not deep pockets, they have no bird rights on Lopez. They either need to get creative or Lopez needs to take a pay cut next season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I honestly feel like unless they have a Very Great free agent knocking on their door the Lakers would probably be better off overpaying for Brook Lopez than most of the dudes out there.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1132617552058884098?s=19

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Ben Simmons and Kendel Jenner have broken up. He's shooting a 3 next year. The curse is broken.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/05/26/master-p-romeo-zion-williamson-shoe-deal/

quote:

MASTER P & ROMEO

OFFER ZION WILLIAMSON MOVIE ROLE ...

AND $20 MILLION SHOE DEAL
But only if he makes it to NOLA. The shoe deal is also one for the shoes he wears outside of games, so it *shouldn't* conflict with a deal with Nike or whoever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kibner posted:

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/05/26/master-p-romeo-zion-williamson-shoe-deal/

But only if he makes it to NOLA. The shoe deal is also one for the shoes he wears outside of games, so it *shouldn't* conflict with a deal with Nike or whoever.

If you learn anything from Ricky Williams' stint in New Orleans, Zion, stay the hell away from Master P.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Like, if I'm being brutally honest here, I wouldn't mind being eighteen again and someone offering me 20 mil to wear some shoes. I'd probably do it.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

It's not deep pockets, they have no bird rights on Lopez. They either need to get creative or Lopez needs to take a pay cut next season.

They picked up a ton of roleplayers who never got an off-season, you have to figure guys like Mirotic will gel much better next year (if they can keep him)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

They picked up a ton of roleplayers who never got an off-season, you have to figure guys like Mirotic will gel much better next year (if they can keep him)

Yeah totally agree. If they can just roll the entire squad back I'd do that, but with Lopez they'll need some help to get him back (and I think he's really important).

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Yeah totally agree. If they can just roll the entire squad back I'd do that, but with Lopez they'll need some help to get him back (and I think he's really important).

They have some flexibility, like you probably don’t need Irsan Ilyasova and Mirotic on the same team, but yeah Lopez is the big question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

:science:
https://twitter.com/inpredict/status/1133049043574091776?s=19