Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

its all nice on rice posted:

Between the random crashes and disconnects, I don't even bother hunting anything larger than small animals and birds. In the event I find a three star buck, I just drop the pelt on the ground after skinning.

How do you folks get so unlucky? Game has barely ever crashed for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
So I see how ever time you rank up right now you get gold. What’s the quickest way to level? I’m only rank 7 and just got into the free roam part of online.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Why can’t I accept missions from most of the Strangers online? Sometimes logging in helps, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes dying on purpose helps, sometimes it doesn’t.

Just a fun bug?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nash posted:

So I see how ever time you rank up right now you get gold. What’s the quickest way to level? I’m only rank 7 and just got into the free roam part of online.

Just do story stuff. It gives a lot of xp and money

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Hyperactive posted:

Why can’t I accept missions from most of the Strangers online? Sometimes logging in helps, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes dying on purpose helps, sometimes it doesn’t.

Just a fun bug?

yeah it's wack right now. I suggest finding another server and try again. Also some missions are blocked based on if your a good or bad cowboy.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

TulliusCicero posted:

How do you folks get so unlucky? Game has barely ever crashed for me

I used to not have as many problems. The most recent patch has left me with many more DC and crash issues.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I can't accept any stranger missions right now and its driving me crazy. Out of beta my rear end.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Nash posted:

there's a money glitch right now, something to do a tricking the butcher into buying the same Pelt over and over again. My friend made $18,000, and then went to buy clothes.

Also there's a level up bonus for getting the cheevo for spending $1,000 on the clothes right now. Whoever came up with this bonus, probably didn't know or forgot that you can reset each of your challenges, because you can go in, spend $1,000, get the challenge and the level up, reset the challenge, and level up again provided you have the money.

My friend told me about this last night, I'll ask him about it later and if I got anything wrong I'll post again

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Okay, I got it mostly right, except it's spending $1,000 in any store not just clothes.

So the spending $1,000 in any store achievement levels you up, which earns you gold, and then is able to be reset.

If Rockstar history in GTA V is anything to go by, they do sometimes wipe money after exploits like this. But they never take away items, or anything else, so do the exploit, cash it all in, and profit in gold and leveling

My buddy is supposed to send me the link for the video he watched on the exploit, I will post it like a big cheater as soon as I get it

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
And hell, even if they take the gold, just spend it all on cool metal finishes for your guns and whatnot.

Pro Strat: do the glitch and earn all the money to buy everything you ever wanted that's available right now in the game, then do it again just in case they don't wipe the money and they release the war wagon

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
here's the link:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/solo-unlimited-sell-no-friend-needed.1766847/

here's what it says:

steps:
1 go hunt a perfect cougar.must be perfect.
2 put it on your horse and shoot it to degrade it.
3 go to the butcher.there will be 2 cougar option,one is poor quality(do not sell )
keep selling the other one which will respawn again and again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cheating in a video game? :monocle:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
If my house was in a videogame id think that was pretty cool.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I posted on her page with a clearly sarcastic "good job on aligning with the pinkertons i guess?" and she liked it lol

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

I posted on her page with a clearly sarcastic "good job on aligning with the pinkertons i guess?" and she liked it lol

Maybe she doesn't know who they are and just likes weezer

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Ainsley McTree posted:

Maybe she doesn't know who they are and just likes weezer

zong

Powershift posted:

Cheating in a video game? :monocle:

yeasir.

going to check out some 'reliable' cougar spot. will report back, likely hours later, shredded and torn to bits.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Or maybe don't do the glitches and play the game normally and hope that we don't wind up in a gtao economy where every update costs 25 million to buy half of the stuff because everyone cheated themselves a fortune

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If you want to destroy red dead online
Sue rockstar as you post awayyy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It would probably be weird if your house was part of a mission where you go kill people or some poo poo.

But one of my workplaces was in a gta game and I enjoyed driving around the block and running everyone down.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

Or maybe don't do the glitches and play the game normally and hope that we don't wind up in a gtao economy where every update costs 25 million to buy half of the stuff because everyone cheated themselves a fortune

no

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

also this requires me to get a perfect cougar pelt which let's be honest is unlikely im bat at vidoe gaem

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The secret to the dailies is to not do them all. Just do the ones that seem easy or fun to you.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jimbot posted:

The secret to the dailies is to not do them all. Just do the ones that seem easy or fun to you.

my friend had a daily that was literally just 'spend x amount at y'. like, wow

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

titties posted:

Yes, it's the consumers fault that predatory capitalism happens

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Hugh Malone posted:

zong

yeasir.

going to check out some 'reliable' cougar spot. will report back, likely hours later, shredded and torn to bits.

South-west of Blackwater, above the "N" in Great Plains, the area just south of the windmill. Very quick ride back into town too.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Looks like the glitch is usable with any carcass. People have reported having exotic birds on the side and a panther on the back and being able to dupe all of them. Cougars just have a high sell value.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Yeah it’ll work with anything. Doesn’t even have to be a perfect pelt - it can be a good one that gets downgraded to a poor one once you shoot it. Seems like as long as you have a good/perfect you’re good to go. It’s just less money if you’re duping a good, obviously.

Good luck trying to go into Blackwater while all this is going on. There are cougar spawns all near there and so there are a ton of people in that area and the game really slows down.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Hihohe posted:

Kill all Pinkertons imho

:hai:

Nash posted:

You can matchmake for the story missions, those give lots of XP especially now with the XP boost active. Sometimes you'll get good pubs that know what's up, sometimes you'll get clownshoes.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah it doesn’t matter what carcass it is. you just throw whatever it is on your horse, shoot it in the head and it creates a poor quality duplicate. then when you go to the butcher and sell the original perfect quality whatever it is it immediately reappears in your inventory but you keep the money

it is comically easy and broken

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Mandrel posted:

yeah it doesn’t matter what carcass it is. you just throw whatever it is on your horse, shoot it in the head and it creates a poor quality duplicate. then when you go to the butcher and sell the original perfect quality whatever it is it immediately reappears in your inventory but you keep the money

it is comically easy and broken

I think they've hotfixed it now :( oh well, good while it lasted.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The new HDR setting "game" seems to be proper HDR now if you're still running with it turned off, it's a lot better than the old one anyway.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fanatic posted:

I think they've hotfixed it now :( oh well, good while it lasted.

Did they take everybody's ill gotten gains and give them a penalty point?

I spent mine on guns and items before it could be taken away :getin:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 23, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sure does love to crash. Like, more than any game I've played in a decade

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Did they take everybody's ill gotten gains and give them a penalty point?

I spent mine on guns and items before it could be taken away :getin:

Nah, I still have mine - just logged in to check. I can finally afford a winter coat!

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
How come the residents of Blackwater keep going to the police and reporting horse theft every time I get on my own horse? In RDO on PS4, for the record.

I wouldn't care, but since when you're wanted you can't use shops, etc., it's pretty annoying.

Edit: also, can we confirm for sure that the carcass duplicate glitch has been fixed? Was going to abuse it just a little, but seems I'm late to the party.

e2: yeah, nah, seems it's fixed. Ah well.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 23, 2019

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Terra-da-loo! posted:

How come the residents of Blackwater keep going to the police and reporting horse theft every time I get on my own horse? In RDO on PS4, for the record.

I wouldn't care, but since when you're wanted you can't use shops, etc., it's pretty annoying.

Edit: also, can we confirm for sure that the carcass duplicate glitch has been fixed? Was going to abuse it just a little, but seems I'm late to the party.

It's gone - I tried earlier.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

It's gone - I tried earlier.

Yeah, I just tried too before seeing this post.

On another note, I wish I knew how to play poker. I've been taught, like, 90 times, but just like chess, I always need a thorough refresher.

Are there any other mini games you can play competitively yet? I would love to do some dominoes and blackjack.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

What’s with the story missions? I am stuck at 68% - but I haven’t seen another one pop in days. I just completed “Destroyed with Grief”. Is there another one?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I guess there is a free RDO period so I made a player with my 6 year old daughter. If anyone runs across a bizarre strumpet wearing cheap clothes, clown face hooker make up, and riding a horse named Fiona Sparkles that’s us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thats a fantastic horse name