Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

is reimu first on reddit because she wears red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I am predictably addicted to Data, as always.
Good. It sustains me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finally played Touhou 17's demo

Rad title screen music, and hearing UFO sound effects again warms my old heart

Also move over Clownpiece and make way for Chickenlady

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Touhou 17 prediction: It's gonna turn out the animal spirits didn't affect the main characters personalities.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Rectus posted:

Touhou 17 prediction: It's gonna turn out the animal spirits didn't affect the main characters personalities.

Wolf Reimu seems to act mostly like normal so you might be on to something...

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Rectus posted:

Seems unlikely given how out of character some of the goast types are.

Kinda wonder if the final boss will pull an Okina and have a unique spellcard depending on your shot type, what with the hints that the animal possessing the player isn't on the up-and-up.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

Seems unlikely given how out of character some of the goast types are.

Youmu is just very impressionable, OK?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Youmu is pure

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Pure doofus.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Squiddycat posted:

Youmu is pure

WarpedNaba posted:

Pure doofus.

These are both true, and that's why she's a treasure.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
https://twitter.com/Touhou_CB/status/1131125043394691072

Maybe this was already clear earlier and I just missed it, but apparently the Touhou mobile game that ZUN approved of (Touhou Cannonball) is a gacha game of some kind. One of the pre-registration goals is giving out a "gacha ticket for a guaranteed 4 star or higher" as the reward. Marisa and Reimu (who both seem to be 4*) are also being given out as rewards.

If you haven't been following this game, it's a fairly high budget thing with 3D attack animations and voice acting. So... Touhou is gacha now.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
How much money would this thread throw at the gacha if there was a 0.1% chance of getting a 5-star Mima

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Takanago posted:

How much money would this thread throw at the gacha if there was a 0.1% chance of getting a 5-star Mima

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Zero dollarydoos because gacha games stink and I shant be playing this one.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

They don't want your dollars anyway because no way is this going to get a global release. Only cold hard yen accepted.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Clarste posted:

They don't want your dollars anyway because no way is this going to get a global release. Only cold hard yen accepted.

That hasn't stopped me from paying Sega money for PSO2. Life... finds a way.

(Which is a gacha game too now that I think about it)

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I have appreciated gacha games in the past but there's never been one attached to a series I've cared about, until now I guess.

But I also have 0 gambling inclinations, and I know there are plenty of people out there who fall victim to the kind of psychology that these games employ so I'm not exactly thrilled about it, conceptually. But I'll play it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Technically we don't know anything about their monetization, only that there is some kind of gacha system in the game. Maybe you can't buy more pulls and only earn them in-game. /shrug

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
All characters will be available in all rarities, along with ways to upgrade the rarities of characters you already have, so it hopefully won't be that exploitative.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Technically we don't know anything about their monetization, only that there is some kind of gacha system in the game. Maybe you can't buy more pulls and only earn them in-game. /shrug
Much like noted gacha game Diablo 3.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Clarste posted:

Thats fair enough. For the record I don't expect it to be hyper-exploitative on the scale of some other high-profile gacha games or western mobile games, but watch out. Michael Transactions is everywhere.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Takanago posted:

I'd get her on the first pull like a true fan

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

to be perfectly honest i kinda don't appreciate touhou going gacha, especially when it's apparently super-popular among children in japan

just feels wrong to me

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Takanago posted:

stay safe poverty ghost

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hope this game comes to America, so that I can walk around with .pngs of Miko on my phone.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You can do that right now!

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

e: :rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

to be perfectly honest i kinda don't appreciate touhou going gacha, especially when it's apparently super-popular among children in japan

just feels wrong to me

zun has said repeatedly that he doesnt want to profit off that kind of system so i really doubt itll be any kind of real money system

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

zun has said repeatedly that he doesnt want to profit off that kind of system so i really doubt itll be any kind of real money system

ZUN wouldn't be profiting either way though. It's a derivative game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but he approved of it pretty much under the condition that it not have that stuff from what i saw in interviews

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's true that I do seem to be remembering some posts summarizing the fall reitaisai talks about this game tat say there will be no gacha.

Well, their booklet probably answers that tbh, but I can't read it

https://touhoucannonball.com/special/book/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Could we please get the fighting game released on Switch please

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Get every Touhou game on Switch TBH.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

I sure hope you're right. It does seem way out of character for him, and directly opposed to things he's said recently.

In that case, I don't understand how they're planning to pay for it, though. Nonrandomised content packs?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Squiddycat posted:

Could we please get the fighting game released on Switch please

AoCF is in fact gettin' ported to the Switch, that got announced recently

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Get every Touhou game on Switch TBH.

supposedly he put the demo of the latest game on steam because toby fox asked so i think we have our in

https://www.reddit.com/r/Undertale/comments/bmzlzs/th17_demo_will_be_formally_released_on_steam/
well there's no reason the demo wouldn't be released on steam anyway so maybe it's a bunk mistranlsation or w/e

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

Yeah, if the game doesn't go all-in on microtransactions then it's all fine by me

Also I'm not usually into buying multiple copies of the same game for different platforms, but if TasoFro can figure out how to actually do netplay for the Switch release I might just to play all y'all motherfuckers. Assuming it can be bought on non-Japanese Switches and they don't just limit it to the Japanese market to avoid the netplay issue altogether.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I sure hope you're right. It does seem way out of character for him, and directly opposed to things he's said recently.

In that case, I don't understand how they're planning to pay for it, though. Nonrandomised content packs?

Dresses

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

a cartoon duck posted:

Yeah, if the game doesn't go all-in on microtransactions then it's all fine by me

Also I'm not usually into buying multiple copies of the same game for different platforms, but if TasoFro can figure out how to actually do netplay for the Switch release I might just to play all y'all motherfuckers. Assuming it can be bought on non-Japanese Switches and they don't just limit it to the Japanese market to avoid the netplay issue altogether.

The switch isn't region locked, so you can run anything on it regardless of where it's released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The switch isn't region locked, so you can run anything on it regardless of where it's released.

Oh, that's neat then. Maybe it is finally time for Antinomy of Common Flower but with actual netplay.