Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

While this would prevent Chrom's other kids from being born in this timeline, their in-game versions should still be fine because Awakening operates on parallel universe time travel rules.

Morgan might be hosed, though, since it's unclear what timeline he actually originates from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought it was winked at that Morgan came from the dlc universe

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought it was winked at that Morgan came from the dlc universe

Its ambiguous as gently caress. Most of Morgan's supports with the other kids imply they never met, but Morgan's sibling support contradicts the hell out of that since even if its not the same Morgan there still should have been one running around. Its made even more complicated if Morgan is Lucina's brother since her unique sibling support takes precedence and suddenly Morgan is explicitly remembering a shared history in the doomed future and being a gently caress up with the Falchion.

Basically they wrote themselves into a corner with Morgan and made no real attempt to make any of the writing around them consistent. Its especially evident if you marry Tharja and Robin which produces supports (Tharja/Noire, Noire/Robin, Noire/Morgan, Tharja/Morgan) that actively contradict each other because none of their poo poo actually meshes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zore posted:

Its ambiguous as gently caress. Most of Morgan's supports with the other kids imply they never met, but Morgan's sibling support contradicts the hell out of that since even if its not the same Morgan there still should have been one running around. Its made even more complicated if Morgan is Lucina's brother since her unique sibling support takes precedence and suddenly Morgan is explicitly remembering a shared history in the doomed future and being a gently caress up with the Falchion.

Basically they wrote themselves into a corner with Morgan and made no real attempt to make any of the writing around them consistent. Its especially evident if you marry Tharja and Robin which produces supports (Tharja/Noire, Noire/Robin, Noire/Morgan, Tharja/Morgan) that actively contradict each other because none of their poo poo actually meshes.

Simple solution: Female Robin is canon.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
RobinxChrom makes the most sense to be honest. Even besides fixing the contradictory supports problem, It just makes the story work better. Robin and Chrom aren't forgoing their spouses for each other, The scene where Lucina tries to kill Robin works better, and it gives a nice redeemed by love angle for the whole "Robins actually an evil Dragon" plot point. Even makes the final bookend cutscene seem romantic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Doesn't that just reintroduce the contradictory sibling nature for Morgan though?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

galagazombie posted:

RobinxChrom makes the most sense to be honest. Even besides fixing the contradictory supports problem, It just makes the story work better. Robin and Chrom aren't forgoing their spouses for each other, The scene where Lucina tries to kill Robin works better, and it gives a nice redeemed by love angle for the whole "Robins actually an evil Dragon" plot point. Even makes the final bookend cutscene seem romantic.

Morgan's still a huge mess since no one knows who he is except he's Lucina's little brother and totally remembers a bunch of stuff now? Except he still has no idea who the gently caress Chrom is?

Honestly they should have just commited to to Morgan explicitly being from another timeline/reality or just not let Robin marry the kids so they could be from the same future as everyone else. The halfway bullshit with the sibling supports means it makes no sense unless you marry a kid or one of the Robin sexual characters.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

Simple solution: Female Robin is canon.

I am not sure I can agree to an idea that means the dullest Morgan is cannon.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The correct answer is that Morgan is Lucina's daughter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Chrom and Male Robin are lovers and Sumia is a surrogate who just want to be queen. Female Morgan is adopted. Miriel was right.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zoran posted:

The correct answer is that Morgan is Lucina's daughter.

Friends don’t let friends marry their children from the future.

If you require another rule, you don’t marry someone you held as a baby.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Friends don’t let friends marry their children from the future.

If you require another rule, you don’t marry someone you held as a baby.

especially dont marry someone who was a baby that you held 2 weeks ago

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thank goodness you didn't, as that is a different person.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My best friend was ok with me accidentally marrying his sister, I’m sure he’ll be ok with me marrying his alternate universe kid who is the same age he is

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

My best friend was ok with me accidentally marrying his sister, I’m sure he’ll be ok with me marrying his alternate universe kid who is the same age he is

One of those situations makes the guy who Chrom already sees as a brother his actual brother-in-law. The other makes him Chrom’s son-in-law. He also becomes a grandfather before he’s 25.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Remember how Lucina & Owain could marry and the localization tried to smooth that over by labeling them "companions"

Does Morgan/Owain do the same thing if Morgan is Lucina's daughter

e: Or, I suppose, for any of Lucina's siblings

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Geostomp posted:

One of those situations makes the guy who Chrom already sees as a brother his actual brother-in-law. The other makes him Chrom’s son-in-law. He also becomes a grandfather before he’s 25.
Owain marries someone in Fates, and Corrin marries their kid. Lissa is now a great-grandma.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

rannum posted:

Remember how Lucina & Owain could marry and the localization tried to smooth that over by labeling them "companions"

Does Morgan/Owain do the same thing if Morgan is Lucina's daughter

e: Or, I suppose, for any of Lucina's siblings

I remember seeing someone marry Lucina!Morgan to Chrom!Inigo and them being “companions”

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Terper posted:

Owain marries someone in Fates, and Corrin marries their kid. Lissa is now a great-grandma.

There are people who don’t do this?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Whoever has to figure out the Ylessian line of succession after Owain returns form Fateslandia will end up drinking themselves into a near coma.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I remember seeing someone marry Lucina!Morgan to Chrom!Inigo and them being “companions”
Yup. Married Chrom!Cynthia to Owain and got the same thing. Sometimes I wonder how they and Ophelia would live day to day.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Terper posted:

(source)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Whoever has to figure out the Ylessian line of succession after Owain returns form Fateslandia will end up drinking themselves into a near coma.

Owain's not in the line of succession, so it's fine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

Owain's not in the line of succession, so it's fine.

Wouldn't he be 4th in line? Chrom's kids, then Lissa and himself. Or am I missing something?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
ylisse is some weird theocracy but not, so it's fine anyway

there is no hard and fast rule to a line of succession it depends on the government

hasn't ck2 taught you anything

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CK2 taught me to murder everyone who objects until I can put my chosen heir on the throne, so uh

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I forgot abotu the mark of the exalt being the important factor. That puts Owain over Lissa, actually, because her's never showed up but his did.

I think that was a surprisingly low-key character point, I can't remember it coming up very often (at all?) in Lissa's supports.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

daermon posted:

Wouldn't he be 4th in line? Chrom's kids, then Lissa and himself. Or am I missing something?

Chrom has four kids if he didn't marry the village maiden, so that means he'd be sixth at best, and even lower if Robin married Emm, Lu, or Chrom's other kid. Not out of the line, but a staggering amount would need to go wrong for Owain to be in serious consideration.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Wait, what? 4 kids? Wouldn't it be Lucina/Sibling(!Morgan if applicable), then Lissa and Owain? Did I miss something in an artbook?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zwingley posted:

Wait, what? 4 kids? Wouldn't it be Lucina/Sibling(!Morgan if applicable), then Lissa and Owain? Did I miss something in an artbook, or do you mean Owain would be 4th-ish in line of succession?

Remember there are two Lucinas, two Siblings and hell two Owains running around. We're even specifically talking about the one who came back from the future and later fucks off to Fateslandia while there is also a baby Owain hanging out in Ylisse with Lissa

The endings imply all the future kids end up leaving Ylisse anyways and almost all travel to parts unknown which is probably good so they don't gently caress over their younger selves. Which could also lead to an insane crisis of succession between descendants of both Lucina's claiming to be the legitimate heir to the throne.

Zore fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 27, 2019

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Zore posted:

Remember there are two Lucinas, two Siblings and hell two Owains running around. We're even specifically talking about the one who came back from the future and later fucks off to Fateslandia while there is also a baby Owain hanging out in Ylisse with Lissa

The endings imply all the future kids end up leaving Ylisse anyways and almost all travel to parts unknown which is probably good so they don't gently caress over their younger selves. Which could also lead to an insane crisis of succession between descendants of both Lucina's claiming to be the legitimate heir to the throne.

Fair enough--I did jump in partway without making extra sure of what I was reading. With the exception of the party in Awakening I'd question whether anyone would take a claim of descent from one of thr future kids as valid, though. Same issue with Emm, but it does seem it's more based on some form of populism anyway, so. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zwingley posted:

Fair enough--I did jump in partway without making extra sure of what I was reading. With the exception of the party in Awakening I'd question whether anyone would take a claim of descent from one of thr future kids as valid, though. Same issue with Emm, but it does seem it's more based on some form of populism anyway, so. :v:

Blue hair, wields Falchion, has the mark of the exalt. When someone's got that much proof they've got the blood of the royal line in their veins, it makes the less believable parts of the story sell easier.

And the line seems to be basic oldest direct heir stuff, from what we see in the game. Chrom's dad dies, so his oldest daughter takes the throne. She dies (or "dies"), and his son steps up. And when he dies, Lissa acts as regent until Lucina's of age. All pretty by the books.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1132904518813982721

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1132905022386253824

Very strong fmorgan vibes in the design and a big sense of wanting to protect

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I choose to believe that she’s Girl Morgan come to a new game. She was just smarter than her contemporaries and waited for a better offer.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

too timid seeming to be fmorgan imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think she looks anything like morgan but then again i dont think linhardt is meant to be any kind of lyn/reinhardt hybrid so what do i know

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zore posted:

I wasn't considering the future kids sine none of them stick around afterwards.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I m excited for the opportunity to gently caress up a other church

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
1: no real organized religion besides something vaguely in the vein of "Naga good"
2: Destroy two churches for the price of one! But they're replaced with a new one so only a net 1 loss.
3: Same as 1
4 and 5: A "good" church and "bad" church destroy and replace each other multiple times over the course of the story and backstory. Going bad>good>bad>good. So a net 1 plus.
6 and 7: Church is good and stays in power.
8: Church is good and stays in power.
9: Church is kinda eh but stays in power until...
10: Church is evil and is destroyed.
11: Remake
12: Remake
13: Good Church remains even though its god told them she's not actually a god, Evil Church destroyed.
14: Worship of twelve Dragons remains save Annakos. So approx. 8% loss
15:Remake

Someone can double check my math but I think this means Fire Emblem is a net pro-religion series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't forget about the mysterious evil church of the Black Fang in 7.