Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Genuinely thought I was in PYF's AUG thread for a moment there.

I thought I did post it in there and got confused when I couldn't find it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright I'm closing this hellish place forever.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Orv posted:

Alright I'm closing this hellish place forever.

Thank You.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You can't escape awful mods

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

>Done

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Naming mods is hard, I guess.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Send link + Dix pix TIA

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Some dude went and made a Halo 2 campaign where you play as a Grunt.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Is it you blasting through random faceless soldier dudes followed by Master Chief showing up and smashing your skull in?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
No clue! Forgot to link it in case anyone wants to see and find out.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-2-grunt-campaign-mod

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m going to be very disappointed if there’s no confetti explosion when the Grunt dies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mill Village posted:

I’m going to be very disappointed if there’s no confetti explosion when the Grunt dies.

I always run with that Skull on in Halo campaigns, just so I can be sure that I'm tapping out headshots on everything on the higher difficulties.

And because it's so drat funny. :allears:

"*POP* HURRAY! :peanut:"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W1ADBeaXBs

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

e: ugh

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
2 Edgy 4 me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16586

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlVz9cB8h7Y

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Can't say I've ever been a Duke Nukem fan, but someone put in some real work on that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Holy poo poo :vince:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I played Duke Nukem when it was still a 2D Jump'n'Run game and I'm impressed by that. Is the shrink gun part of the mod? Because I can't remember seeing it in-game, and if it is, then this is seriously outstanding work. Goddamn.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cardiovorax posted:

I played Duke Nukem when it was still a 2D Jump'n'Run game and I'm impressed by that. Is the shrink gun part of the mod? Because I can't remember seeing it in-game, and if it is, then this is seriously outstanding work. Goddamn.

shrink gun is from duke3d.exe era

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm aware. I just wanted to know if they had to mod it in or whether X-COM 2 has its own, because I only ever played two hours of it or so.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
They modded it in.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm aware. I just wanted to know if they had to mod it in or whether X-COM 2 has its own, because I only ever played two hours of it or so.

ah, then the former. XCOM2 gets pretty goofy at times but it tries to keep a serious tone. (ignoring unintentional comedy of ragdoll physics, at least)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

silentsnack posted:

ah, then the former. XCOM2 gets pretty goofy at times but it tries to keep a serious tone. (ignoring unintentional comedy of ragdoll physics, at least)
Ok, cool. That's especially impressive, then, because that's really not a simple effect to put into anything, especially coupled with that stomping animation. This is seriously good work.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That mod's by Iridar, who's probably one of the most prolific XCOM2 modders.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Best use of Duke since Duke 3D (low bar)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Incorrect when Manly Guys Doing Manly Things exists

https://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/whos-to-say-duke-cant-have-hobbies

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's bad

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Well that's a thing I half read 9 years ago. I'm getting really dumb time traveling flashbacks now of time travel and video games and series of grrl gamer blogposts. Thanks

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

KirbyKhan posted:

Well that's a thing I half read 9 years ago. I'm getting really dumb time traveling flashbacks now of time travel and video games and series of grrl gamer blogposts. Thanks

lmao I've met Kelly Turnbull in real life and she's about the furthest imaginable thing from a "grrl gamer." She's possibly one of the most badass human beings I've ever met.

It's a goofy comic, sure, but it served as a clever way to get fanboys to eagerly consume what was essentially a very long parable about how toxic masculinity sucks poo poo.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Angry Diplomat posted:

lmao I've met Kelly Turnbull in real life and she's about the furthest imaginable thing from a "grrl gamer." She's possibly one of the most badass human beings I've ever met.

It's a goofy comic, sure, but it served as a clever way to get fanboys to eagerly consume what was essentially a very long parable about how toxic masculinity sucks poo poo.

She also really enjoyed buff dudes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Also, it's actually pretty funny.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The idea of the character being the source of the pastiche rather than the entirety of it is pretty funny.

"That's one doomed space marine...get it, guys?! Space marine? Doomed?! :haw:"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IIRC the first Duke game had him bragging triumphantly about beating the bad guy in time to watch Oprah, so I always saw him as a big bad dork with a sensitive side.

I'd still bet it all on Duke :smith:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You already did. You lost. However...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQJL68b-L4

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also A.I. has taken a break from trying to figure out how to kill us all and released an extremely awesome upscaling mod for FF7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaeYp46akuE

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDtipqEnZA
I think at least one of the makers of this mod is a goon. I've halfheartedly tried to play it a couple times but it's so daunting.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
That is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

She also really enjoyed buff dudes.