Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah as King said to Saitama. Go out and do something new if you are bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
God drat Murata still such a master at his craft.

Man how long must he have worked on that page alone.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So, so good.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Captain_duck posted:

God drat Murata still such a master at his craft.

Man how long must he have worked on that page alone.

I dont think I've ever seen someone draw an under-bubble shockwave city wave effect before in any comic east or west, this was dope

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Murata's father passed away recently and he still blesses us with this and a Fubuki.

Respect.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Murata
Mangaka level: God

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Parrotine posted:

I dont think I've ever seen someone draw an under-bubble shockwave city wave effect before in any comic east or west, this was dope

You know, it's not like I'm expecting realism in my anime fightmans comic, but

How the gently caress are any of those buildings still standing

How does the integrity of normal-rear end houses remain after bouncing on a shockwave of that size

HOW MUCH POWER DO THE BUILDING CONTRACTORS OF OPM HOLD

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Torquemadras posted:

You know, it's not like I'm expecting realism in my anime fightmans comic, but

How the gently caress are any of those buildings still standing

How does the integrity of normal-rear end houses remain after bouncing on a shockwave of that size

HOW MUCH POWER DO THE BUILDING CONTRACTORS OF OPM HOLD

I mean in a world of actual superpowers and heroes, things are probably built more sturdily.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ninjewtsu posted:

this chapter was incredible

I appreciate that he uses every limb but his right hand since it's still cocked for the punch.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Between those and earthquakes, Japan just builds inflatable houses. Those chimneys are actually dancing-tube-men things.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The sense of scale is always impressive with Muratas work

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

drat what a wimp. Couldn’t even put himself back together again after getting punched like Boros did.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

He didn't even need a serious punch, what a joke.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

graham cracker posted:

He didn't even need a serious punch, what a joke.

I mean Boros didn't need a Serious Punch either.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fubuki

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure every other hero other than Saitama would have been royally hosed had they faced the monster king

Maybe Bang could do it

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
i can't wait for orochi to be a bad 3d model in the next anime season

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What a stupid loving monster, I'm glad he's dead.

Parrotine posted:

I'm pretty sure every other hero other than Saitama would have been royally hosed had they faced the monster king

Maybe Bang could do it

My money's on Bang, Tatsumaki, Darkshine, Flash and Atomic Samurai.

Special mention to Metal Bat after getting amped up possibly being being able to take him too. Though, considering his early showing against someone using martial arts, probably not.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

owl milk posted:

i can't wait for orochi to be a bad 3d model in the next anime season

nooooooo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

skaianDestiny posted:

I mean Boros didn't need a Serious Punch either.

Yes he did. He kept recovering from the normal punches.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes he did. He kept recovering from the normal punches.

The way I saw it, Saitama could have easily beaten Boros with just normal punches, but when Boros fired his planet destroying beam Saitama broke out the Serious Punch just to make sure there wasn't any collateral damage

Like Saitama could have beaten Elder Centipede with normal punches, but he needed to kill him in a way that wouldn't have destroyed the nearby city so he used a Serious Punch

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

If I recall, couldn't Boros only regenerate himself a finite amount of times before running out of energy? If he didn't bust out that planet-destroying attack, Saitama could have easily beaten him without a Serious Punch.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Saitama only used his serious punch against Boros to nullify his spoilsport planet-killer attack. He would have beaten him with normal punches eventually (eventually being 'in one or two more attacks', not 'wearing him down over a long span of time').

I like Boros.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Yeah that was the point of the Boros fight - Boros put his heart into trying to defeat the prophesied Hero who could take Boros down, but Saitama was so far outside of his league that Saitama won trivially while still holding back.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think ONE has joked at one point that Saitama can destroy the universe. But he needs two punches because he has to turn around and finish off what was behind him.

Its relatively meaningless to posit how strong someone is compared to saitama.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

edit oh whoops thought this was the webcomic thread haha. what I said probably wasnt especially spoilery but it never hurts to play it safe

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think ONE has joked at one point that Saitama can destroy the universe. But he needs two punches because he has to turn around and finish off what was behind him.

Its relatively meaningless to posit how strong someone is compared to saitama.

there's this story in Journey to the West, where because of a bet with Buddha to show who was mightier, Sun Wukong jumps all the way to the moon or the edge of the world or something where there are 5 pillars, and writes his name on one of them. then when he gets back, Buddha shows his hand, and on his finger was written Sun Wukong's name, which is a pretty powerful own

I kind of think of basically any villain in One-Punch Man as compared to Saitama as being about on Sun Wukong's level in comparison to Buddha

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I like to think that Saitama gave Boros a serious punch out of a moment of sympathy more than anything else

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

there's this story in Journey to the West, where because of a bet with Buddha to show who was mightier, Sun Wukong jumps all the way to the moon or the edge of the world or something where there are 5 pillars, and writes his name on one of them. then when he gets back, Buddha shows his hand, and on his finger was written Sun Wukong's name, which is a pretty powerful own

I kind of think of basically any villain in One-Punch Man as compared to Saitama as being about on Sun Wukong's level in comparison to Buddha

He also peed on the finger

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kild posted:

He also peed on the finger

that's basically the buddhic equivalent of being delayed in getting to a sale on onions, when you think about it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shugojin posted:

I like to think that Saitama gave Boros a serious punch out of a moment of sympathy more than anything else

that's how I feel about his latest fight with Orochi. Dude just wanted to end the fight as quickly as possible before Orochi started to despair at how hopeless he was

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Huzzah! posted:

Translations out. Two different versions.

So are we just not gonna get some backstory on Orochi? He seems pretty dead now. I thought it would be revealed that he was originally Blast before being monsterized. I also thought he would turn out to be related to Bang and Bomb, and that he developed his own school of martial arts before mastering all of them. Then Bang, Bomb, and Garou would face off against him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean there's still a chance to get some backstory. But i'm not sure how likely those predictions are.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

we did get backstory on orochi. he was a dude that the telekinesis guy tortured until his evil was at maximum. i don't think there's much more to it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
King could take Orochi, definitely.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Orochi was a murata version only creation that wound up having 0 impact on the story so far lol

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kild posted:

Orochi was a murata version only creation that wound up having 0 impact on the story so far lol

He decided to use kung-fu against Garou and then turned into a mass of tentacle-monsters also using kung-fu. That justifies his existence entirely in my book.

Also he helped push Garou’s character arc forward

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Kild posted:

He was cool and gave us this latest chapter

which was also cool

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He punched a hole that traveled so far it barely missed a subway train which is a super cool visual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Maxwell Adams posted:

So are we just not gonna get some backstory on Orochi? He seems pretty dead now. I thought it would be revealed that he was originally Blast before being monsterized. I also thought he would turn out to be related to Bang and Bomb, and that he developed his own school of martial arts before mastering all of them. Then Bang, Bomb, and Garou would face off against him.

You don't need to spoil your speculation. Also it's hilarious you think Blast is a bitch. The monster was created as an excuse to show off amazing spreads, like most of the Murata draw version of the comic. Basically none of that stuff will ever impact the plot in a real sense.