Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
British propaganda transformed the bee interlude into a fiendish German plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
After negative feedback on this character from WG2 experts including Michael Everson and Andrew West,[14] the frowning pile of poo emoji was removed from the list of emoji candidates.[15]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soricidus posted:

After negative feedback on this character from WG2 experts including Michael Everson and Andrew West,[14] the frowning pile of poo emoji was removed from the list of emoji candidates.[15]

secret unicode trick: you can make diarrhea by doing poo emojis strung together with zero width joiners

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Soricidus posted:

lol

quote:

MICHAEL EVERSON:
This character is damaging to both ISO/IEC 10646 and the Unicode Standard. It is bad enough
that the ESC came up with it, but it beggars believe that the UTC actually approved it. Organic
waste isn’t cute. The existing PILE OF POO character was added for compatibility with Japanese
telco sets. It is a pity that Apple followed Softbank rather than KDDI in its reference glyph, since
a coil of dog dirt with stink lines and flies is surely the only proper semantic. The idea that our
committees would sanction further cute graphic characters based on this should embarrass
absolutely everyone who votes yes on such an excrescence. Will we have a CRYING PILE OF POO
next? PILE OF POO WITH TONGUE STICKING OUT? PILE OF POO WITH QUESTION MARKS FOR
EYES? PILE OF POO WITH KARAOKE MIC? Will we have to encode a neutral FACELESS PILE OF
POO? As an ordinary user, I don’t want this kind of crap on my phone. As a representative of the
National Standards Authority of Ireland, I have to wonder what possible good could come of
encoding such a character. Bullying, perhaps? Requested change: Remove this character from
the PDAM and reject its encoding.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The latter term is a technical misnomer since lightning itself is neither wet nor dry.[2]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
however it can be greased

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

smh if your answer to all those isn’t an instant and enthusiastic yes

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
wow, the National Standards Authority of Ireland must have real fun office parties

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

IM ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT ANTHROPOMORPHIZED FECES SMILIES.

:mad:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
where's my smiling face eating smiling pile of poo emoji

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Plorkyeran posted:

where's my smiling face eating smiling pile of poo emoji
to appeal to millenials, duh

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
maybe just skip a few steps and add a vore combining character so that you can represent any emoji eating any other emoji

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Plorkyeran posted:

maybe just skip a few steps and add a vore combining character so that you can represent any emoji eating any other emoji

:hmmyes:

crushed under the weight of a rampant emoji L-system is the future we deserve

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we will not rest until the unicode spec is indistinguishable from the postscript spec

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that irish standards guy probably secretly has a car with an I EAT rear end bumper sticker. it's hypocrites all the way down

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
:nexus:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haveblue posted:

we will not rest until the unicode spec is indistinguishable from the postscript spec

actually unicode is sorely lacking a H+S combo which i need for putting a housemark in a transcription. not even MUFI has it in their private use area :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ill probably have to extract the glyphs from ebgaramond and make an eps file myself which is a pain in the rear end and will probably be ugly cause in no typographer

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The sequence opened with a clenched fist opening out to signify a telepathic mind breaking out. Amongst the next shots were a human foetus, shadowy figures behind scaffolding and even the insides of a bell pepper (a somewhat exotic fruit in the UK in the 1970s).

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i read that as erotic fruit in the uk and it answered a lot of culture questions

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agile Vector posted:

i read that as erotic fruit in the uk and it answered a lot of culture questions

9/10 times when i read that word, i hear it in peter serafinowicz' voice

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Krankenstyle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSG2pD-2O2g&t=18s

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
There's a huge edit war going on over whether Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band should be on the "List of music considered the worst".
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=898516260#RFC_for_Sgt._Pepper's_inclusion

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manky Tungeon posted:

There's a huge edit war going on over whether Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band should be on the "List of music considered the worst".
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=898516260#RFC_for_Sgt._Pepper's_inclusion

beatles fans are the worst

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Nights_Festival

Never seen a lower quality article.

"The sky completely dark ends"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

end of the same paragraph:
“On August 21st, the sky completely dark starts again.”

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Huh. Reading the rest of the article and it's mostly fine. WTF with that introduction though.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Huh. Reading the rest of the article and it's mostly fine. WTF with that introduction though.

activation codes for sleeper agents

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

“Bic”

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Krankenstyle posted:

fran

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

For 2008, expect world-class performances by Valery Gergiev, Christoph Eschenbach, Alfred Brendel, Maxim Vengerov, Maria Guleghina, Bryn Terfel and Thomas Hampson, not to mention the ultimate Mariinsky ballerinas Ulyana Lopatkina and Diana Vishneva.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
ultimate seems ominous in this case, have there been subsequent Mariinsky ballerinas

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

:shlick:

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_celebrities_who_own_wineries_and_vineyards

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
The series' premise also bears resemblance to the 1986 Disney animated pilot Fluppy Dogs, in which somewhat-anthropomorphic dogs travel parallel dimensions seeking a way home.[24]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_career_of_Insane_Clown_Posse

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
is winning a wrestling league you yourself created even an accomplishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

goblin week posted:

is winning a wrestling league you yourself created even an accomplishment

buddy lemme tell you about antonio inoki