Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Whats so special bout tomatoes? Ya dorks.

If it aint american made then it's garbage! :911:

*writes post on Chinese made every thing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The Bunk posted:

I didn't like the ExOfficios - way too much extra material

Ayyye pbuc

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

I'm not seeing the San Marzanos on the Costco website. Not sure if that means they don't have them at my store (likely) or don't list them on the website. Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for them when I go on Sunday... when I'd planned on making pizza anyhow!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I'm not seeing the San Marzanos on the Costco website. Not sure if that means they don't have them at my store (likely) or don't list them on the website. Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for them when I go on Sunday... when I'd planned on making pizza anyhow!

They didn't have them in Seattle when I went this afternoon, but they were also sold out of sparkling water, so they might just be out of things in general.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My wife and her friend spent an hour at the church yesterday, and she netted me the stone IPA mix pack, a 200 pack of trash bags, and a KS reversible belt. Dunno if it's the one you guys were talking about earlier in the thread but I gotta say it has the nicest belt buckling action I've ever felt.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The Kirkland pretzel peanut butter bites are not sublime 🥺

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Bloodplay it again posted:

Gonna have to fill out a comment card to request these. My local 'co never gets the staples like this, Victoria Organic White Linen marinara, or many/most of the KS wines. I don't do anything super goony like shove hot dogs into chicken bakes then roll em up in a slice of pizza but I do give a lil bit of that "does this guy have a mountain of piss bottles" vibe when writing PBUC at the bottom of the cards. I've been doing it in the hopes that someone stumbles upon it twice and finally Googles "costco" "pbuc" to find this thread, the number one search result.

The sixth result is someone on the 311 forums also saying PBUC. my name is volatile I've been this way a long while I'd surely like to rest but the kirkland sigs get the best of me

The past couple of trips have been real good. Yesterday we took some sparkling water bottles back for a cool $4.30 deposit return, spent it on soda and a mocha freeze, got brain freeze four steps later, and used the $20 auto renewal gift card. Was pretty busy for a Thursday night but we managed to be the ebb to the Memorial Day crowd's flow. Things started getting hectic towards the end because we got stuck behind a hambeast in a motorized scooter that felt the need to block any sample aisle along with her three-cart-deep posse. Didn't have to wait at all to get to a register but when we finished paying, I looked back towards the deli and just saw a sea of people heading towards the front. I'm never gonna be a 1%er but when people leave their homes to eventually eat the rich, I now know the same anxiety-inducing fear that will befall upon them. It's was very Thursday evening in the front and very, very Saturday afternoon in the back.

Hey, this is a good post.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Good luck finding one. We can't afford that stuff. I've seen 1 Whole Foods in about 5 years. I'm sure there is one at least in Milwaukee but nothing near me. I live in a city of 100,000+.

https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/mobile/stores/madison
???????????????????????????

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The Kirkland pretzel peanut butter bites are not sublime 🥺

Speak for yourself, I am 2/3 the way thru the one I got for work snacks and no signs of slowing down!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Madison is a liberal kingdom of pussies. Of course they'd have a Whole Foods. It's also 112 miles from me which is about a 2 hour drive. I'm right in between Milwaukee and Chicago. You'd think we'd have one but then again this place is a shithole.

I like Madison and am a liberal pussy

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

priznat posted:

Speak for yourself, I am 2/3 the way thru the one I got for work snacks and no signs of slowing down!!

Them and the chocolate covered almonds are in the "Cannot buy or else diet is ruined" list for me, I simply cannot eat them responsibly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Them and the chocolate covered almonds are in the "Cannot buy or else diet is ruined" list for me, I simply cannot eat them responsibly.

Also the chocolate covered macadamia nut and caramel clusters oh man those are deadly. Haven’t seen those at Costco in a while though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the tomatoes are so fuckin good yall

god drat they're so good I'm glad I got 9 cans, i shoulda got 9 more

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

These maters are used for making 'za right? I'm from NY and it's literally a shame that I don't know what the maters are for.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Madison is a liberal kingdom of pussies. Of course they'd have a Whole Foods. It's also 112 miles from me which is about a 2 hour drive. I'm right in between Milwaukee and Chicago. You'd think we'd have one but then again this place is a shithole.

I like Madison and am a liberal pussy

A lot of the USA has just 1-2 whole foods and a few states have none.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

These maters are used for making 'za right? I'm from NY and it's literally a shame that I don't know what the maters are for.

I make pasta/pizza sauce and usually use Sclafani or San Marzano. They aren't cheap and are sometimes difficult to find. Garbage tomatoes = garbage sauce.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

The take over has BEGUN.

BEZOS SMASH

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I think there are three within five miles of my house and I never go to any of them. My heart belongs to Costco (and Fry's).

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

SirPablo posted:

I think there are three within five miles of my house and I never go to any of them. My heart belongs to Costco (and Fry's).

I'm blessed to have a Costco. Nearest Whole Foods is 240 miles away (same for Trader Joe's) and, more painfully, the nearest Fry's is 320.

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone have experience returning furniture from Costco.com? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a recliner but worried it would be a huge hassle to return if we don't like it.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I know of someone who returned a stair machine after 7 years for a full refund (it was hardly used.)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

jisforjosh posted:

I'm blessed to have a Costco. Nearest Whole Foods is 240 miles away (same for Trader Joe's) and, more painfully, the nearest Fry's is 320.

I'm honestly kinda surprised Fry's is still around, i think it's very much a relic of the 90s "computer show" days. anyone who wants parts gets them online for 30% less, no one cares about dvds or w/e anymore, and appliances are fine being bought at costco or lowes or best buy or w/e.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

I'm honestly kinda surprised Fry's is still around, i think it's very much a relic of the 90s "computer show" days. anyone who wants parts gets them online for 30% less, no one cares about dvds or w/e anymore, and appliances are fine being bought at costco or lowes or best buy or w/e.

Fry's is a grocery chain in Arizona.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Frys electronics owns all their land, is private and owner operated, which is playing retail on easy mode in california

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Just bought the Series 5 65" TCL for my dad's birthday; ~$600 including tax and extended warranty.

He cried, pbuc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Frys electronics owns all their land, is private and owner operated, which is playing retail on easy mode in california

Fry's Electronics is not doing well. Amazon has destroyed them and there is no such thing as "easy mode" in brick and mortar retail.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
They would be worth a bit more if they just turned fully into a real estate holding company, sure

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Fry's Electronics is not doing well. Amazon has destroyed them and there is no such thing as "easy mode" in brick and mortar retail.

Microcenter seems to be doing fantastic though so they must be getting something right

The one in Denver is always a madhouse on the weekends

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Wow, I thought there were more Whole Foods than that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Bezos can suck my dick.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wow, I thought there were more Whole Foods than that.

Everywhere I go pretty much has a whole foods and its like oh poo poo I live in a bubble

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Fry’s Electronics is turbofucked.

Fallom posted:

Microcenter seems to be doing fantastic though so they must be getting something right

MicroCenter is today what Fry’s Electronics was back in the late nineties when it was cool and good. I love me some MicroCenter.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

poo poo I missed olive chat

I fuckin' love Kalmata olives. Green ones not so much, pimentos never.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Yes I meant Fry's the grocery store, not the trashy electronics store. (Fry's grocery stocks/is affiliated with Kroger.)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I worked at Fry’s Electronics for 8 years that place loving sucks.

Their website (and the fact that they own their own stores) is the only thing keeping them alive at this point.

Interestingly they’ve never closed a store

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat I miss going to those stores in the late 90s early 00s. Fry's (which I think we were aching to go to since it was the best), CompUSA, a couple others I can't remember. Usually we just had Best Buy so taking a trip to a loving computer warehouse was awesome.

Now I get everything from Amazon.

gently caress Bezos.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I drive an hour just to go to Micro Center. Store is so loving dangerous. I went there to get a CPU fan and built a Plex server instead.

Anybody remember Computer City? It owned.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

drat I miss going to those stores in the late 90s early 00s. Fry's (which I think we were aching to go to since it was the best), CompUSA, a couple others I can't remember. Usually we just had Best Buy so taking a trip to a loving computer warehouse was awesome.

Now I get everything from Amazon.

gently caress Bezos.

Is NewEgg no longer the place to get computer hardware?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

pacerhimself posted:

Is NewEgg no longer the place to get computer hardware?

They got hacked back in September and a bunch of CCs got swiped and they had a pretty poo poo response to the whole thing.

Also they're owned by mainland chinese interests now so beijing knows how many razer mouse pads you go through in a month!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I still buy some of my computer hardware from Newegg. I do most of my computer hardware shopping around black friday and Newegg typically has the best deals on what I’m looking for.

Their home goods section is great. I purchased an electric kettle from them that’s still going strong after a few years and most recently purchased a refurbished vacuum.

edit: :stare: oh poo poo i didnt know that they got hacked

durrneez fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 26, 2019