Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The simulcast delay has been shortened from a 3 day delay to an 8 hour delay.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1132085247888072704

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
New episode is out and it is a doozy :stare:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Finally got to see Levi vs. Monkey Trouble. The takedowns on Bert and Reinie were pretty great, too.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:tviv:

Also: :smith:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

RIP Marlo

Now I think I have enough context with this episode along with the "bonus" from the end of part 1 to know where this is going.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Mikasa is 100% going to become a titan or they are going to give it to Armin and save him

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
YEEEES Hange's still alive!

Also NOOOOO to basically everything else that happened. :(

loving amazing episode though. Full of strategies and action.

Cory Parsnipson fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 27, 2019

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
god drat I was so strongly dreading the burnt corpse from the credits teaser preview thing turning out to be Hange, I was basically certain of it from the second I heard that line about how her squad were really close to the blast.

THIS IS EVEN WORSE

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
This was so :tviv: as gently caress, I have to watch it multiple times now

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I waited three years for this chapter to be animated.

It's everything I hoped for.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Apart from the main characters, have literally the entire Scout legion been wiped out?

e: Marlow was a honourable guy and didn’t deserve that fate

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 27, 2019

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Apart from the main characters, have literally the entire Scout legion been wiped out?

e: Marlow was a honourable guy and didn’t deserve that fate
Yes and welcome to Attack on Titan.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Levi loving up Beast titan was so rad and cathartic holy poo poo.

Now we're finally up to that bit they teased end of last season, where everything is hosed. Holy poo poo what an episode

Brutakas posted:

RIP Marlo

Now I think I have enough context with this episode along with the "bonus" from the end of part 1 to know where this is going.

What bonus was ?

Also who was Marlo?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

What bonus was ?

Also who was Marlo?

I think they meant the bit that was teased at the end of part 1 of the season. Marlo was the bowl cut dude who defected from the MPs to join the scouts

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I'm an idiot and too dumb to know how to directly link to this embedded video, but this reddit post has a good mashup of this episode with this week's Jojo episode.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/btex53/new_episode_spoilers_obviously_the_best_choice/

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh poo poo if you're not watching JoJo you're really missing out. My friend begged me to watch and I've seen Parts 1-4 in 3 weeks, just started GOLDEN WIND and can't stop listening to Last Train Home

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

That Beast Titan fight was so much easier to understand and so much more satisfying to watch animated compared to reading in the manga. What an episode

Catalina
May 20, 2008

DaveKap posted:

Yes and welcome to Attack on Titan.

Ever since it was revealed that the author’s original plan was to have a show that created a sense of betrayal by killing off everyone or maybe nearly everyone, but he decided to go a different direction when Sasha was set to die, I like to play a game called, “guess which scout was supposed to die here.” For instance, my theory is that Jean was supposed to die in the last season during the part where his hesitation to kill another human being almost got him killed, and he had to be saved by Armin committing his own first human murder. It was pointed out earlier in the thread that Jean hadn’t had a lot of development since then.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I have never been this upset about a character death. Armin

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Anyone know if the episode is being further delayed on crunchyroll in the UK? Yesterday it said the episode would be up at around 3am local time, but it's now nearly 8pm and still no episode 54.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Anyone know if the episode is being further delayed on crunchyroll in the UK? Yesterday it said the episode would be up at around 3am local time, but it's now nearly 8pm and still no episode 54.

That seems to happen to multiple people and it's resolved by using the direct link. Try this: https://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan/episode-54-hero-783661

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It wasn't listed but I was still able to watch it in the UK by clicking through from the front page.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Man I just watched the episode again. In the preview, it looks like the new guy finds Erwin who's probably bleeding out bad. I like both, but I'd probably trade Erwin for Armin in a heartbeat. I don't think Armin is in any condition to be saved with titan serum though. Also Sasha and Jean are both impaled. I hope it's not fatal. The recruits are really soaking up casualties now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Beefstew posted:

I'm an idiot and too dumb to know how to directly link to this embedded video, but this reddit post has a good mashup of this episode with this week's Jojo episode.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/btex53/new_episode_spoilers_obviously_the_best_choice/
I had exactly the same thought at that scene. So satisfying.

Also the way the beast titan's face bounces when his head hits the ground is amazing attention to detail. I'm preemptively sympathetic for whatever studio has to try to live up to this for the final season.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 27, 2019

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

UnderFreddy posted:

That Beast Titan fight was so much easier to understand and so much more satisfying to watch animated compared to reading in the manga. What an episode

I'm not a big Anime guy, I only watch AoT but I wanted to drop in and make this exact post without the Manga comparison. The way that battle was shown worked so well and the show itself is so drat good. I've been watching week to week since season 2 and I binge the season again with my wife once they have all aired. Show rules.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Well lmao at my powers of prediction. That was not where I expected this to go.

Still excited to find out whats in the basement in next week's episode!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

UnderFreddy posted:

I feel that way about everything in this series. I don't like reading manga or comics in general(do it only to not have to worry about spoilers basically) so it's nice to see this stuff play out much more vividly.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

My reactions, in rough order, with the speculation behind spoiler cuts.
  • Grisha is totally Zeke's father, Grisha ran away from the Outside, and Zeke has a deep sense of shame from this that probably makes me more fanatical than the rest. Yesssss my theory on Grisha being a defector is still alive, boooooo I was leaning towards Zeke being Grisha's younger brother.
  • OH NO SASHA!
  • OH NO JEAN, well ok you're still conscious and talking. Whew.
  • Armin is totally the charred body on the roof.
  • I did not expect the Eren vs. Bertholt encounter to be cathartic, but it was.
  • Bertholt or Zeke is the steaming body on the roof.
  • Levi actually bluescreens because there's a chance to save Erwin and Eren wants to save Armin. I was not expecting it to be this way and I am pleased, it adds a lot more intensity.

And, of course the :tviv: of Levi vs. Beast Titan.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Knew exactly what was going to happen and was still blown away by that episode. Hats off to Wit Studio.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I have this horrible feeling that (speculation)the basement is going to be completely empty

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Maybe the real basement was the friends we killed along the way.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Maybe the real basement was the friends we killed along the way.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Now I'm thinking Hange lives cause she's the only character smart enough to even understand (and exposit for the viewer) whatever is in the basement.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

P-Mack posted:

Now I'm thinking Hange lives cause she's the only character smart enough to even understand (and exposit for the viewer) whatever is in the basement.

We can always resurrect Armin or Erwin with Levi's titan juice... :ssh:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

We can always resurrect Armin or Erwin with Levi's titan juice... :ssh:

Doesn't that only work if they're just mostly dead, i.e still slightly alive?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

P-Mack posted:

Doesn't that only work if they're just mostly dead, i.e still slightly alive?

princessbride.txt :glomp:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't wait for them to create a mindless, burnt titan.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ok, aI just noticed they flash a single frame of armin's burnt face right after they have the sequence of him waking up in the intro. I'm having a hell of a time finding it, as I had randomly paused on it, but that would've kinda foreshadowed it before this episode :v: Also right before armin, they have the face/skull of the colossal titan crying, and is it just me or does it not look like whats his face. Considering what directly comes after, I think that's a clue about what's happening to chekov's serum and how hes gonna stick around.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

I love the current season, but its quality makes the news about WIT abandoning AoT for another studio to pick up even more depressing. I just can't imagine this ending even remotely satisfactory. At best, we'll get the last season that's wildly inconsistent in style with the rest of the anime; it would be like watching an entirely different anime. At worst the new studio will cut the corners heavily, because with no way to live up to the original the best solution is to stop trying. After all, the anime won't get many new watchers at this point, and the existing ones will want to see it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
S3 Part 2 has had lower production values than Part 1 and especially Season 2.

The source material is really good so merely serviceably adapting it is great, but WIT Studio has been fumbling here, and it shows between the delay and the end result.

I of course hope it doesn't get the cashgrab OPM S2 treatment from whoever picks it up, but I suspect there's good reasons behind the scenes when it comes to dropping it.