Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The puppies who played the direwolf pups in season one of GoT are from Washington, DC. They were featured recently in a series of “wethedogsdc” which as you might expect are a bunch of posts about dogs from DC.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxU57qShvNw/?igshid=1oqg8nznnejaw

Huskies are a serious handful and if you can’t commit to giving them the lifestyle and environment they need and you end up dumping them poorly socialized and untrained at a shelter, then it’s you who deserves to get your balls cut off. Come to think of it, that applies to every dog and this will be the main policy plank of my upcoming Democratic primary presidential run. I’ll bet I get more votes than Tulsi Gabbard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I grew up with a husky and a samoyed which had completely opposite temperaments. The husky was an unbridled whirlingdirvish of energy, and the samoyed would get excited for walkies just so she could lie down in the grass. Walking them was like having a top fuel dragster strapped to one arm, and a ship anchor strapped to the other.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The puppies who played the direwolf pups in season one of GoT are from Washington, DC. They were featured recently in a series of “wethedogsdc” which as you might expect are a bunch of posts about dogs from DC.

Huskies are a serious handful and if you can’t commit to giving them the lifestyle and environment they need and you end up dumping them poorly socialized and untrained at a shelter, then it’s you who deserves to get your balls cut off. Come to think of it, that applies to every dog and this will be the main policy plank of my upcoming Democratic primary presidential run. I’ll bet I get more votes than Tulsi Gabbard.

I'll immigrate to vote for you. And with the Lando Lobby behind you, you will be a shoe in

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I could never get a Husky because I highly doubt I could wear out its energy every day to not have it get bored and destructive. That and the fact that Huskies don't handle anything hotter than room temperature very well, and having one in the 95+ degree spring/summer/fall (because global warming) would be downright cruel.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you don’t have an acre of land or an energetic outdoor lifestyle don’t get an active breed. If we didn’t live on a cotton patch I wouldn’t have kept our Lab.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i got pretty upset when i got home last night

Luca lost his poo poo and let out a few excited borks, and my flatmate recommended the best way to stop that is to not look at him or talk to him

he's a loving german shepherd for christ's sake, he's obviously bored as poo poo

oh well this gives me excuses to take him to beaches and on long walks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey this dog was bred with dingos to help drover’s move cattle across long distances in extreme heat for 8-10+ hours a day

I think I’ll get one for my high rise apartment

Anyone know a good dog trainer? Dog won’t stop destroying poo poo while I’m gone. I walk it 20 mins before and after work

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i think the issue is you didn't get a big enough dog

have you considered a maremma sheepdog? bonus is that it'll do a great job of keeping your children safe from anything it deems to be a threat

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

i think the issue is you didn't get a big enough dog

have you considered a maremma sheepdog? bonus is that it'll do a great job of keeping your children safe from anything it deems to be a threat

I have vague memories of some pet island thread from hell about this

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah, that's what i was referencing

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
RIP Benjen Stark, who randomly showed up to save Jon Snow's dumb rear end twice just to die 30 seconds later

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I love huskies. Grew up with them, had family that owned some for mushing, etc. They are great, but as much as I would love to have one, I'll never get one unless I move north of Massachusetts and have enough property for them to run around on. They are a ton of work and need a lot of socialization, and it also chaps my rear end when people get them and live in places like loving Florida.

Seriously, don't get a husky unless you're going to be able to give it the attention it needs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Smiling Jack posted:

I have vague memories of some pet island thread from hell about this

yeah, that's what i was referencing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090725

Such a rollercoaster

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

i got pretty upset when i got home last night

Luca lost his poo poo and let out a few excited borks, and my flatmate recommended the best way to stop that is to not look at him or talk to him

he's a loving german shepherd for christ's sake, he's obviously bored as poo poo

oh well this gives me excuses to take him to beaches and on long walks

You're both right.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

jesus christ

well, it was ten years ago so I guess the autistic kid is long dead

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Goddamn Chernobyl is brutal

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

GD_American posted:

jesus christ

well, it was ten years ago so I guess the whole family is long dead

Fixed. That thread is the perfect example of “the goon in the well,” I kind of wish she hadn’t been banned so we could have learned what happened.

she climbed out of the well using a ladder made of the bones of her family, only to fall back in after her horrifying dog tackled her again.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Dogs :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Goddamnit, this show :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the roof scene was tight as hell tho

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Haven't even seen the episode yet and I already know what this is about :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I think the truly scary part is, while nuclear accidents are bad for humans, especially in the immediate vicinity, what we are learning from Chernobyl is that unlike coal/gas/fossil fuels, nuclear is something apparently nature doesn't give too much of a gently caress about, and can recover fairly gracefully from it.

Sucks for humans.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 28, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

what if we shoot the graphite lmao

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

holy poo poo that roof scene was bonkers

those dudes just running around and shovelling poo poo randomly was chaotic as hell. Any time they play that Geiger counter sound over the top of the scene it makes me hella nervous

i like the dude who played the general. he was in The Last Kingdom as a battle-weary knight and he was great.

also lol that the central committee lied about the level of radiation and then fried the German robot. just amazing poo poo all round

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The fact that it killed that German robot in a matter of moments was the shocking thing.

Radiation does not play any loving games.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the more complicated the electronic device the easier radiation fucks it up

more complicated anything really

which is why the red forest is so goddamn terrifying

it killed plants

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Out of curiosity does anyone know the Russian for "Die for Russia, comrade"?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

the more complicated the electronic device the easier radiation fucks it up

more complicated anything really

which is why the red forest is so goddamn terrifying

it killed plants

It also killed the fungi that eats dead plants.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Chernobyl will be an abundant source of radioactive coal in the far future. If geologists exist and find the layer they are going to be mighty confused.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Most of the Red Forest was bulldozed and buried, then new saplings planted over the top.

The soil, however, is still heavily contaminated, however wildlife seems to be doing well.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Yep! 30+ years of undecayed, dried-out leaf litter, just waiting for a nice spark.

RADIOACTIVE
FOREST
FIRE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GD_American posted:

Yep! 30+ years of undecayed, dried-out leaf litter, just waiting for a nice spark.

RADIOACTIVE
FOREST
FIRE

Hell yeah

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GD_American posted:

RADIOACTIVE
FOREST
FIRE

which way will that smoke go then? West?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

The soil, however, is still heavily contaminated, however wildlife seems to be doing well.
Deer, wolves, and squirrels are far more blasé than humans about massive increases in spontaneous abortions, or dying a decade early due to cancer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dead Reckoning posted:

Deer, wolves, and squirrels are far more blasé than humans about massive increases in spontaneous abortions, or dying a decade early due to cancer.

They don't appreciably die earlier, though. Wild animals rarely live long enough for cancer to become a problem.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

A Bad Poster posted:

The fact that it killed that German robot in a matter of moments was the shocking thing.

Radiation does not play any loving games.

As soon as they pulled the tarp off it I was like "that thing has way too many moving parts to survive the radiation levels they described."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Crakkerjakk posted:

As soon as they pulled the tarp off it I was like "that thing has way too many moving parts to survive the radiation levels they described."

Its more the chips than the moving parts. Its part of why we test chips going to space, because silicon is not friendly with radiation.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

GD_American posted:

RADIOACTIVE
FOREST
FIRE

Forest fire got within 20 km of the plant in April 2015.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I ended up checking out "The Last Watch", and enjoyed it a whole bunch.
Seeing the amount of hard work half a loving million of people put into just the last season of the show was incredible. Random-Stark-Henchman is so drat lovable, too.

That said, the amount of internet shitstorm backlash about the last season pisses me off even more now. I'm not talking about the perfectly valid opinions about the writing being rushed, character arcs being dumped, and half the main characters getting a serious case of the stupid, that's perfectly fine. Hell, the logical issues, plot armor, rushing, and teleporting (which I've complained about a lot) started several seasons ago, but I just made my peace with it, adjusted my expectations, and enjoyed the ride.

But a massive amount of people deciding to jump on a bandwagon of memes and hatewatching despite being perfectly happy with the rest of the run of the show (primarily because their favorite character didn't get the end they were hoping for) really kinda pisses on the effort all those people put in. And I'm not even talking about D&D, but everyone else behind the scenes. To add insult to injury, an unprecedented petition "signed" by 1.8 million people is kinda a supercharged revenge-Yelp-review on top of it all.

Anyway, if you have an hour and fourty minutes, go check it out, it's pretty cool to see all the machinations behind the screen, it even has some payoff for the folks that think D&D are literally Hitler, because both of them come off as barely-visible figures that just occasionally drop in to be appeased by the working class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
John Wick 3:
-This concept is going to run out of steam eventually, but not this time. It isn't as fresh as the first one was. However, the filmmakers' commitment to staging the craziest, most ridiculous, most brutal fight scenes they can and embracing the absurdity of the world they created carries it. Hallway of throwing knives.
-Laurence Fishburn chews every bit of scenery in sight and I love it.
-Ser Bronn is now master of coin in two realms.
-Keanu Reeves' scenes with Halle Berry and Lance Reddick show just how much more work he put in training for this role than anyone else. His movements are visibly smoother and more confident.
-I normally don't like winking references to other movies, but I smiled at the nods to "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" and "Game of Death".

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 29, 2019