Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's gonna be amazing if DON indirectly results in New Japan World breaking another record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jay White being in Cincinnati seems odd

Knife Pervert watched some CZW tapes and is doing some recruiting, he just didn't know that Moxley moved to Vegas in the intervening years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Longwood mayor Matt Morgan would come out of retirement to wrestle Orange Cassidy

https://twitter.com/bpmattmorgan/status/1133473947767529472?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Is that guy talking about Orange Cassidy like he’s going to imminently stop taking indie bookings meaningful, or is he just some dude speculating he’s going to go to AEW/assuming he has because he was in the Battle Royale?

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 29, 2019

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Drew McIntyre posted:

it is my firm belief that everyone can be a dude

The_Rob posted:

Dude is absolutely a genderless term.
I beat that drum for a long time; that dude should be non-gendered. But South Park trying to reclaim the F-bomb as an insult doesn't make it any less a thing people shout at queer people while they're murdering them.

"She's actually a dude" is a sentiment that gets a lot of trans people killed, so maybe just give up on reclaiming it. It's gendered. And I'm trans, and I asked you not to call me that. So I'm asking that maybe instead of insisting that I'm wrong for not wanting to be called a dude, you could just reevaluate what seems to you to be harmless in the face of me telling you it's harmful.

Thank you for listening either way.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is Big E actually cavauro irl

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/1133563715561951233

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Discovered an enclave of Twitter users who dedicate their lives to catching Alvarez and Meltz in trips, posting out of context clips from their shows. The likes of wiretap, meltzsaidwhat and vcr-wrestling. Can't think of anything sadder tbh. Not particularly entertaining either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That said, it's nice to know that should Dave or Bryan ever run into financial hardships, they'll be able to live rent-free in those guys heads.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Discovered an enclave of Twitter users who dedicate their lives to catching Alvarez and Meltz in trips, posting out of context clips from their shows. The likes of wiretap, meltzsaidwhat and vcr-wrestling. Can't think of anything sadder tbh. Not particularly entertaining either.

My favorite bad Twitter user is @GrapplerX. Just loving terrible takes up & down his timeline, plus the retweets of totally-not puppet accounts. Constantly up in Alvarez's replies, too.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Oh yeah. Whole lotta mentally ill folk on Twitter obsessed with Meltzer and Alvarez. I think they're even more pathetic than wrestler role play accounts because at least those people seem to be having fun.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the ones that go after bryan are even wilder since he's pretty vocal about just muting instead of blocking so you're just screaming into a void. dave at least replies to every 10 follower egg account he can

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

yea ok posted:

the ones that go after bryan are even wilder since he's pretty vocal about just muting instead of blocking so you're just screaming into a void. dave at least replies to every 10 follower egg account he can

Yeah I feel bad for Dave sometimes. He really takes his job seriously, unlike everyone else in that industry. All he wants to do is spread the news/truth. I’ve died on that hill myself in the past when I worked in journalism, granted there is a huge difference between newsgroups and forums in the 90s and early 00s and Twitter now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't see the harm. Better people listen to an audio clip than a written biased account of what either said. Both can be sloppy and make mistakes that they shouldn't. Bryan delves into hyperbole too much when offering news and he simply shouldn't be trusted sources wise.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Djarum posted:

Yeah I feel bad for Dave sometimes. He really takes his job seriously, unlike everyone else in that industry. All he wants to do is spread the news/truth. I’ve died on that hill myself in the past when I worked in journalism, granted there is a huge difference between newsgroups and forums in the 90s and early 00s and Twitter now.

I dislike people who should know better who play gotcha with his words when he records audio at 2am and actually know that the wording in the Observer Newsletter is the definitive and considered account rather than the work in progress/stream of conscious version on audio.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The observer is a product that requires a paid sub, as are many of the audio shows. Not only are they posting clips of stuff out of context, but they are stealing from Dave's pocket while riling up folks and trying to get them to harass Dave.

There's also people who post huge screenshots of the observer on twitter as soon as it comes out.

SCOOP THIEVES! Dishonorable and shameful. Just because no one will pay them for scoops doesn't give them allowance to steal from the premiere scoopsmen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rovert posted:

he simply shouldn't be trusted sources wise.

A damning indictment from the guy insisting that the Joshi match was off DON.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

A damning indictment from the guy insisting that the Joshi match was off DON.

But I didn't do that. I said apparently that was the case and said I heard it from someone else. If I knew for a fact I'd state so.

I am not a paid reporter either. However I do get more stories right than Alvarez and have correctly contradicting his stories many times.

Tato posted:

The observer is a product that requires a paid sub, as are many of the audio shows. Not only are they posting clips of stuff out of context, but they are stealing from Dave's pocket while riling up folks and trying to get them to harass Dave.

I don't follow these accounts but when they get tweeted into my timeline I don't find them to be out of context to be honest.

I call out inaccurate written synopsises often. It is a fun dunk to do.

rovert fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 29, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Evidence?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Like when you contradicted him about AEW not being a time buy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll whoop you for saying that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rovert posted:

But I didn't do that. I said apparently that was the case and said I heard it from someone else. If I knew for a fact I'd state so.

I'm just teasing. Was a big fan of the Mox-as-Luger-at-Nitro pick you tweeted out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyway Bryan and Dave aren't above criticism. Bryan, Lance Storm, Bruce Mitchell, Wade Kellter and Todd Martin have all recently made fun of Meltzer's Twitter account.

The F4W forum's attacks on non-F4W journalists are much worse than what VCR Wrestling and WhatMeltzerSays accounts do in my opinion. Meltzer often eggs on those attacks too.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
There are people who are good at talking about wrestling and make money from it like Dave and Bryan and then there are people who post on Twitter all day about them like jilted lovers because they wish they could make a living talking about wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tomahawk posted:

There are people who are good at talking about wrestling and make money from it like Dave and Bryan and then there are people who post on Twitter all day about them like jilted lovers because they wish they could make a living talking about wrestling.

:agreed:

Let's go back to posting about wrestlers on social media. For instance, here's Drake Maverick doing his best to make an entertaining storyline that WWE should really incorporate on television:

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1133697138129555456

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Let's go back to posting about wrestlers on social media. For instance, here's Drake Maverick doing his best to make an entertaining storyline that WWE should really incorporate on television:

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1133697138129555456

This is my early nomination for feud of the year

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jerusalem posted:

Let's go back to posting about wrestlers on social media. For instance, here's Drake Maverick doing his best to make an entertaining storyline that WWE should really incorporate on television

This is the kind of fun thing he'd do in TNA because there was no budget for anything like that so you'd have to put your own efforts in. He probably prefers it this way, at least he's not pissing himself now. He should get EC3 in on it too to stop him seething.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lars Sullivan's Twitter account has been deleted.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

rovert posted:

so he doesn't say more stupid poo poo?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

AkumaHokoru posted:

so he doesn't say more stupid poo poo?

I'm sure he does but you just won't be able to read about it on the twitter dot com website anymore

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The fact he’s a lovely human being aside, everyone should delete their twitter accounts. The site is poison trash.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

the ol Juice Robinson special.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

tao of lmao posted:

The fact he’s a lovely human being aside, everyone should delete their twitter accounts. The site is poison trash.

:hmmyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I agree, Juice should punch the Nazi in the jaw.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

Did Juice have to delete his account because of racist posts?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wow.....this is like a fever dream....

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByDcN3qgiFi/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikeguy posted:

Did Juice have to delete his account because of racist posts?

Juice recognizes that he has zero filter and saved us all the embarrassment.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I wonder how Steiner’s restaurant is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Sean Ross can be hit or miss (or was that Ryan Satin, I can't keep track of the scoops people) but I can agree with this. Imagine dealing with the BS Dean/Jon went through, but now also add the systemic racism/sexism
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1133778551390580737?s=19