Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is Breath of the Wild being used as a generic term for "open world game"?

I think there will be missions, but I hope without the loadout and load screens of MGSV missions.

Breath of the Wild’s unique feature is that you can climb everything, which DS seems to be doing in a tool-assisted sort of way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the release date is November 8th, which is the anniversary of the 2016 election lmao

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Isn't the Homo in Homo Demons the Homo in Homo Sapiens? They're calling themselves a new race of people, demon men.

Honestly I'm not sure. I wouldn't put it past kojima to go for both honestly.

That said I wonder why not just go with homo daemonium in that case but eh.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

technically it's homo Demens, which roughly translates to "mad men" from latin

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress me I hope this isn't like MGSV.

Give me a well choreographed series of setpieces and weird cutscenes over an aimless unfinished sandbox any day.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Zikan posted:

Mads' men?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

I'll keep roping

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

It's either "Mad Men" or maybe "Same Madness" or "Shared Madness"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress me I hope this isn't like MGSV.

Give me a well choreographed series of setpieces and weird cutscenes over an aimless unfinished sandbox any day.

I mean you already saw Mr. Porter Bridges ( :allears: ) walking or trekking over huge open vistas in this trailer and the teaser from a ways back, why would you hope it's not a thing you already kinda know it is

Gameplay-wise I'm just hoping for some of that tight MGSV stealth married to a neat melee system and a bunch of novel traversal mechanics

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wolfsheim posted:

I mean you already saw Mr. Porter Bridges ( :allears: ) walking or trekking over huge open vistas in this trailer and the teaser from a ways back, why would you hope it's not a thing you already kinda know it is

Gameplay-wise I'm just hoping for some of that tight MGSV stealth married to a neat melee system and a bunch of novel traversal mechanics

I'm fine with it being an open world as long as it's cohesive and there's actual bespoke stuff there rather than a million "missions" full of "content".

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zikan posted:

It also sounds way less stupid if you use actual latin pronunciation but I guess that ship has sailed

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Steve2911 posted:

I'm fine with it being an open world as long as it's cohesive and there's actual bespoke stuff there rather than a million "missions" full of "content".

The side ops were bad filler but the actual missions in TPP are legitimately good until they very abruptly ran out of time and money

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/KojiProNetwork/status/1133804568989642754

In all previous games, you could get peed on. Finally now you will be the pee'er

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lexorin posted:

It's either "Mad Men" or maybe "Same Madness" or "Shared Madness"

Mixing latin and greek is barbarism. Literally

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/KojiProNetwork/status/1133804568989642754

In all previous games, you could get peed on. Finally now you will be the pee'er

As awesome as the pee on command would be I think that's the 'activate baby' button.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ZZZorcerer posted:

that's the 'activate baby' button.

thread title

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Trailer has me busting nuts.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

ZZZorcerer posted:

As awesome as the pee on command would be I think that's the 'activate baby' button.

Kojima delivering an embarrassment of riches

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Bonus Japanese boss battle footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD1ywoL19g0

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Upon watching the trailer again I do not see an immaculately modeled butt, I call bullshit on Kojima being involved.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there any lore about Kojima liking GoaT show The Leftovers?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Because I like (some of) Kojima's games and I do actually want this one to be good?

I think MGS5 was one of the greatest games ever made, gameplay-wise. I also think it's one of the stupidest games ever made, writing wise, and that's pretty disappointing. I'm really hoping this game does better.

mgsv's ideas on how to create impenetrable international sovereignty were genuinely interesting, if utterly froot loops

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
MGSV might've been unfinished narratively, but the "thank you for being a metal gear fan" message at the end was pretty self-contained and complete and genuinely moving.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I personally admired the incredible chutzpah in making a game to resolve a thirty year-old plot hole that no one really cared about.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Homo Demons? Oof, that's a yikes from me chief. Real tea? it's time to do better Kojima. I'm tired of goalposts always being moved in favor of the gatekeepers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

fadam posted:

Homo Demons? Oof, that's a yikes from me chief. Real tea? it's time to do better Kojima. I'm tired of goalposts always being moved in favor of the gatekeepers.

What?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
It's Homo Demens. Crazy people.

The ghosts are called BT - Beached Things.

They mentioned ages ago that Death Stranding refers to Cetacean Stranding. There's tons of imagery around sea life.

So someone did something sciencey or magic-y that caused dead things to become beached in reality?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm a Homo Demon

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Spite posted:

It's Homo Demens. Crazy people.

The ghosts are called BT - Beached Things.

They mentioned ages ago that Death Stranding refers to Cetacean Stranding. There's tons of imagery around sea life.

So someone did something sciencey or magic-y that caused dead things to become beached in reality?

Feels like there's a parallel-dimension situation going on. BT's aren't completely present in Sam's reality, when you die you go to some different place that you have to return from, Bridge Babies connect you to the "other side"...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

these character names are incredible

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

fadam posted:

source ur quotes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
for real though Fallout New Vegas, the greatest game of all time, is a game about a post-apocalyptic delivery boy and if this game is even half as good as that it'll be worth the day one purchase

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looks embarrassing OP

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looks embarrassing OP

Mate... your monitor...

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I like Kojima's games and I even understand why people appreciate the worst ones, but you're really, really setting up a low bar here. I think people are within their rights to expect a game be a little more than "incomprehensible", "interesting", or "something".

People are absolutely within their rights to expect a game to be little more than those things. Who said they weren't? I'm talking about me, baby. I'll play a thousand weirdo loving Kojima self indulgent art projects before I dump 30 hours into something like Days Gone, where you play as the personification of a backwards baseball cap.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

source ur quotes

straight off the dome

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

People are absolutely within their rights to expect a game to be little more than those things. Who said they weren't? I'm talking about me, baby. I'll play a thousand weirdo loving Kojima self indulgent art projects before I dump 30 hours into something like Days Gone, where you play as the personification of a backwards baseball cap.

This is where I'm at. Even at its worst, I still find Kojima's writing and style really interesting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bridges is messing with some poo poo in their portal technology or whatever is beaming sam ladders

Satanic function my dudes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Heck yeah. The DEVIL!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

fadam posted:

straight off the dome

:eyepop:

Real hurthling! posted:

Bridges is messing with some poo poo in their portal technology or whatever is beaming sam ladders

Satanic function my dudes

Gonz posted:

Heck yeah. The DEVIL!

:worship: :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

During the cqc part theres a rock in the background that does like a holographic effect that does not look like a glitch. It looks like the rock is some kind of active camo
Here's a still image of the blue flash