Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gonna do my dishes and hop on in about 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopping on for the evening. Come shoot some mans!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

dog nougat posted:

Hopping on for the evening. Come shoot some mans!

Sorry I didn't join bud, was just killing like 30 minutes in Borderlands until the Bucks game. Hopefully I can find some time soon.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Cannon squad was a blast last night! Enjoyed the dumb gimmicky hijinks. A bit disappointed with jihad keeping though. A fully laden kubelwagen and a panzerfaust didn't even destroy a churchill :argh:. :dice:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's my Friday night. Gonna be a lame-o cool guy and stay in and play vidya games. Come join me in my shootmans endeavors.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
One new map in six months while removing Frontlines and Domination. If I knew this was the best they could do for a live service I'd never have said a word against Premium.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Greek campaign starts tomorrow with a new map, per DICE's Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_aIYfskuU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Battlefield is possibly my favourite shooting franchise ever, and I'm on the verge of selling this game. Is there any hope it starts to do that Dice trick of getting better after time?

I've been playing BF4 and BF1 instead and having a blast. Armour horse best horse.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gonz posted:

The Greek campaign starts tomorrow with a new map, per DICE's Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_aIYfskuU

It’s actually live right now, has its own playlist with conquest and breakthrough

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Captain Log posted:

Battlefield is possibly my favourite shooting franchise ever, and I'm on the verge of selling this game. Is there any hope it starts to do that Dice trick of getting better after time?

I've been playing BF4 and BF1 instead and having a blast. Armour horse best horse.

The trick seems to take about a year to pull off.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Be careful about mentioning how much better BF4 and BF1 are than this game, it triggers a lot of people ITT.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe it was just a right place at the right time thing, but I enjoy BF5 a lot more than BF1. I liked BF4 better than either one of them, but I played it to death for 2 years and never want to touch it again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe it was just a right place at the right time thing, but I enjoy BF5 a lot more than BF1. I liked BF4 better than either one of them, but I played it to death for 2 years and never want to touch it again.

Saaaame

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

RCarr posted:

Be careful about mentioning how much better BF4 and BF1 are than this game, it triggers a lot of people ITT.

especially since BF1 was poo poo

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

:colbert:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The freaking yikes guy

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Sorry y'all. Bf3 was the best battlefield.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I stand with dog nougat as a three favoriter. I didn’t hate four though. Glad we all agree that bf one is trash tho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bad Company 2 was still the best one.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

BF1 has limpets, ergo BF1 is not poo poo.

Dice, bring back limpets you cowards!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

veni veni veni posted:

Bad Company 2 was still the best one.

quoping for truth because I'd still be playing BC2 if they could just wholesale port and balance it for maybe 20-24 a side instead of 16 (mainly so we could more easily wrangle goonteams)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Battelfield 2010: "Alright we added the free map packs and weapons and skins, but we gotta make money off of some of this DLC. what should we do? How about we add an entire additional games worth of content, completely change the setting and theme with all new weapons gadgets and character models? How does 20 bux sound? Sounds great. Let's do it!

Battlefield 2019: Get the new Rolf skin while the sale lasts. He's a Nazi with goggles on but they look kind of different than the other nazi goggles. Too bad you can't see him cause it's an FPS. This week only $20 jk $15 flash sale! Now you can be Rolf!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Idiots out there really be buying these premium skins tho. I see a couple every round. I haven’t even bothered to spend much company coin except to unlock the tides guns I miss; saving up for vehicle body customizations (that will never happen and will be lame anyway)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rolf Goggles and Rolf Scarf.

Get the Rolf Gloves in a two pack with the Hans athletic cup.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
seriously the kill cam doesn't even zoom enough on ya boy to see his outfit

wtf are u doing paying money for something people will never see

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm very ashamed I bought a skin. I bought the game for cheap and was having fun and the ones you can actually unlock are so boring. The perfect storm for bad financial decisions.

In my defense it's literally the only time I have ever done that in my life.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

How in the name of all that's holy did you all not like BF1?! It had endless guns that all felt different, good maps, interesting classes, good vehicles, a wine bottle you could stab people with, what more do you need?

I mean, come on. A wine bottle. For stabbing.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Captain Log posted:

How in the name of all that's holy did you all not like BF1?! It had endless guns that all felt different, good maps, interesting classes, good vehicles, a wine bottle you could stab people with, what more do you need?

How long after adding the ability to quit to the main menu did they add the wine bottle as a melee?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Log posted:

poo poo gunplay. Endless weapons but only a handful worth using. poo poo vehicles.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Choke point grenade spam, operations that one side could immediately be hosed because the other team would take our the fixed AA (eventually fixed)

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Considering reinstalling bf4. I recall it fondly, when it worked. It's been a good few years since I've played though, so I imagine it's gonna take me a while to figure it all out again

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I've started playing apex.

Which I hate. I hate that BF, a series I've really loved, and put so many hours into, has forced me to leave...

Forced me with poor decision after poor decision.
Stuff that... it's like, is this babby game programmers first game?

I mean, firestorm takes forever to load now. They're going backwards.

They're actively and passively making the game worse.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Bf4. Well it sure is a thing. It's been a long drat time, but there's so much happening at once, it's hard to make sense of it all. Granted it doesn't help that I spawned into a match of op locker straight off either.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Last time I checked out 4 (before V's release) it was nothing but the most obnoxious poopsockers. Maxed out little birds with two repair torches and a pilot that has 400 hours flying and 20 as infantry.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

The Bananana posted:

I've started playing apex.

Which I hate. I hate that BF, a series I've really loved, and put so many hours into, has forced me to leave...

Forced me with poor decision after poor decision.
Stuff that... it's like, is this babby game programmers first game?

I mean, firestorm takes forever to load now. They're going backwards.

They're actively and passively making the game worse.

Join us :twisted:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Beastie posted:

Last time I checked out 4 (before V's release) it was nothing but the most obnoxious poopsockers. Maxed out little birds with two repair torches and a pilot that has 400 hours flying and 20 as infantry.

Still basically the same.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh gently caress the little bird.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Should I buy Battlefield 1 and 5 in the bundle for £35 total on PS4 ?

What is the current install sizes for these right now ?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Little bird was extremely fun for friend havers when you did the whole full squad w repair tools thing. Fun to down fighter planes with it or strafe scrub snipers who worked hard to get up on the most pointless of high perches.

And if bf v is not doing it for you the answer is quite clear. Not apex. But titanfall 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

dog nougat posted:

Considering reinstalling bf4. I recall it fondly, when it worked. It's been a good few years since I've played though, so I imagine it's gonna take me a while to figure it all out again

It's still good and most of the maps still get attention thanks to players hosting private servers that get populated.