Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

aware of dog posted:

Moby responds in a way that definitely proves he is not a creep
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1131304001209819136?s=21

I can't decide if his face or his bad chest hair is creepier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I can't decide if his face or his bad chest hair is creepier

It's his smile. It looks like he's at the dentist.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Moby was core to the rave / x / club kids scene in nyc in da 90’s. An utter disregard for limits was kinda the point in the scene, but these encounters were not IN the scene.

Also I thought the dude was gay.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

It's his smile. It looks like he's at the dentist.

It actually reminds me of a photo I can’t place. Same manic grin on a skinny dude staring at the camera, possibly pointing a gun at his head?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It actually reminds me of a photo I can’t place. Same manic grin on a skinny dude staring at the camera, possibly pointing a gun at his head?

John McAfee?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Not Hollywood, but an adjacent entertainment industry:

https://kotaku.com/former-rockstar-designer-says-former-top-executive-grop-1835067943

quote:

“He stands up and comes up to me, and I don’t know how to say it other than he starts aggressively groping me,” Bundschu said. “Out of the blue. There was no warning, no anything; he just goes for it. I just freaked… It felt like an eternity, but it couldn’t have been more than a couple of minutes.”

Barrera stopped and sat back down at the booth alongside their colleagues. Then, Bundschu says, Barrera spread his legs and gestured for Bundschu to come sit on his lap. Bundschu says he remembers freezing.

“I’m thinking, ‘What are my options?’” Bundschu said. “A) I get fired if I don’t do something, and B) he either wants me to grope him, which I’m not loving doing, or C) maybe I can do something differently. I’m like, ‘Okay, well, I can probably just give him basically a lap dance without touching him,’ which is what I did… I know it sounds terrible, but what do you do? gently caress, it was like, I’d just started. I’d given up so much for this job.”

quote:

“This is something women in the video game industry have to deal with all the time,” Bundschu told me on the phone recently. “As a white dude, I thought I was kinda immune to it—an attitude I’ve matured out of.”

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
It's probably the picture of Takeshi Kitano in Hana-bi (Fireworks). I'm crap at linking images here though.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Looks like something out of a Harmony Korine film imo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Coffee And Pie posted:

Looks like something out of a Harmony Korine film imo

Not green enough

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/vulture/status/1133819311871680513?s=21

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Fare thee well, Moby.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How do you publish a memoir without just double checking with the publicist of any celebrities they've claimed to date? You might publish it anyways if they disagree with what's written, but you should at least want to know how they're going to respond to what's being said about them in the book.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I don’t know why #iknewleavingneverlandwasBS is trending on twitter, but every post in it is basically “BECAUSE I DID MY RESEARCH, SHEEPLE!!!!!! I KNOW THE TRUE MICHAEL”

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wendell posted:

I don’t know why #iknewleavingneverlandwasBS is trending on twitter, but every post in it is basically “BECAUSE I DID MY RESEARCH, SHEEPLE!!!!!! I KNOW THE TRUE MICHAEL”

"I did my research" should always be looked at with the same skepticism as "watch the full video"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:ughh: I can definitely believe this loving goon thought he was actually dating Natalie Portman.

On a related note, it must, at times, seriously suck to be Natalie Portman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wendell posted:

The Movie Crypt Podcast had Taj Jackson on it, and from the first 20 minutes seem to be defending Jackson and standing up for him so I turned it off.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

davidspackage posted:

:ughh: I can definitely believe this loving goon thought he was actually dating Natalie Portman.

On a related note, it must, at times, seriously suck to be Natalie Portman.

"We love you Natalie!"
"I wanna gently caress you too!"

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Wendell posted:

I like that mentions of Leaving Neverland has otherwise rational people going “yeah, well google MICHAEL JACKSON CONSPIRACY or watch this here YouTube doc!!!!”, who would normally mock people for asking them to google “***** conspiracy” and watch the YouTube thingy that explains everything.

To me that says something about how big a star he was. He could have been caught red handed with his finger up Macaulay Culkins butthole and he would still be defended and held innocent by his fans. He was like a deity, and no artist in the history of music has had a similar crossover audience. His posters lined the walls of young people of all skin tones, religions, genders and sexual orientations, and their grandparents also liked the music. Still, I don’t think anyone touched their crotch while looking at his posters. He wasn’t a sexual figure to his fans.

Even if you don’t believe the genital touching happened, there’s no denying he would walk around parading his little “boyfriends”, holding hands and cuddling in public, and had a staff full of people who all never questioned this and even enabled it and contacted the parents of kids he fancied to arrange logistics. It’s just so insane that if Michael Jackson had never lived but just been a fictional character, literary critics would call him an unbelievable character.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Memnaelar posted:

It's probably the picture of Takeshi Kitano in Hana-bi (Fireworks). I'm crap at linking images here though.

It was Sonatine, but yeah.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing one of these pictures (most likely the last one) ended up spawning all the others.

Or maybe "pointing gun at head and (maybe) smiling" is just that common an image.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm so confused by this Moby thing. So he claims he dated Natalie Portman, she says no WTF, and he's like "...but we did." How do you not know if you're dating?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm so confused by this Moby thing. So he claims he dated Natalie Portman, she says no WTF, and he's like "...but we did." How do you not know if you're dating?

"This girl was nice to me, so she's definitely my girlfriend now."

I was having a discussion with my friend about how she can't be nice on rejection or else the guy could still think he has a shot or that they're still dating. There are powerful delusions at work.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm guessing one of these pictures (most likely the last one) ended up spawning all the others.

Or maybe "pointing gun at head and (maybe) smiling" is just that common an image.

Taxi Driver

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Alan_Shore posted:

This other excerpt from the same book points to Moby being not only a creep but also very stupid.

https://twitter.com/rachsyme/status/1131238607447109633?s=19

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Flying Zamboni posted:

This other excerpt from the same book points to Moby being not only a creep but also very stupid.

https://twitter.com/rachsyme/status/1131238607447109633?s=19

Again, super rich (pun intended) coming from freaking Lana Del Rey. This is one of those stories where no one looks good.

EDIT: Holy crap, the tweet AFTER that:

https://twitter.com/rachsyme/status/1131238820995899394

I was wrong. Moby comes out worse.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 30, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I really am starting to see what they mean about the incredible confidence mostly resulting from total lack of self-awareness of mediocre rich white dudes.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I really am starting to see what they mean about the incredible confidence mostly resulting from total lack of self-awareness of mediocre rich white dudes.

Blindsight was right: sentience and self-awareness are evolutionary dead-ends and even our own society is attempting to erase them.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 30, 2019

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Not to take away from the awfulness of everything, but did this book not have an editor? Not just for the yikes content, but there's a bunch of typos in just that short excerpt.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Not to take away from the awfulness of everything, but did this book not have an editor? Not just for the yikes content, but there's a bunch of typos in just that short excerpt.

Oh sweet summer child, you think there's still any place (publisher, website, news organization, etc) willing to pay for editors?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

Again, super rich (pun intended) coming from freaking Lana Del Rey. This is one of those stories where no one looks good.

EDIT: Holy crap, the tweet AFTER that:

https://twitter.com/rachsyme/status/1131238820995899394

I was wrong. Moby comes out worse.

Like, I get that a guy who would DO that would write about it and not see why it's super loving weird, but surely he showed this book to someone? Anyone?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Alan_Shore posted:

In all likelihood they went out a couple times, which she viewed as just going places with a friend and hanging out, and he saw as initial steps towards loving a teenager

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BTW, dunno if this is old news, but apparently Lorne Michaels at one point tried to pimp out Chris Kattan to get a female director for Night at the Roxbury:

https://news.avclub.com/chris-kattans-got-a-disturbing-story-about-lorne-michae-1835065317

https://twitter.com/sasimons/status/1132695376694091777

If you want a sobering look at how sexual assault/coercion for male victims is still looked at, just check out the comments on that AVClub article. Most are variations on "Yeah, as if ANYONE would want to gently caress Chris Kattan" :cripes:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 30, 2019

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AceOfFlames posted:

BTW, dunno if this is old news, but apparently Lorne Michaels at one point tried to pimp out Chris Kattan to get a female director for Night at the Roxbury:

https://news.avclub.com/chris-kattans-got-a-disturbing-story-about-lorne-michae-1835065317
It's interesting that the take is "Lorne Michaels tried to pimp out Chris Kattan" and not "Amy Heckerling sexually harassed Chris Kattan and Lorne Michaels helped"

There's every indication here and elsewhere that Lorne Michaels is a power hungry controlling rear end in a top hat, but it's weird that the focus of both those links is Lorne and not Heckerling.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It's interesting that the take is "Lorne Michaels tried to pimp out Chris Kattan" and not "Amy Heckerling sexually harassed Chris Kattan and Lorne Michaels helped"

There's every indication here and elsewhere that Lorne Michaels is a power hungry controlling rear end in a top hat, but it's weird that the focus of both those links is Lorne and not Heckerling.

Lorne Michaels is much more prominent currently.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea, Heckerling directed some episodes of Red Oaks a few years ago but for the most part she doesn't get a lot of work anymore. To the average person she's a no-name, whereas Lorne Michaels is a household name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

AceOfFlames posted:

https://twitter.com/sasimons/status/1132695376694091777

If you want a sobering look at how sexual assault/coercion for male victims is still looked at, just check out the comments on that AVClub article. Most are variations on "Yeah, as if ANYONE would want to gently caress Chris Kattan" :cripes:

Yeah, you'll see that take in GBS on the SNL thread