Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Schrodinger's vidcon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Scarodactyl posted:

All of them have other jobs at this point. They have been working on spec for ages, and you can't eat spec.
Frankie is not much involved at this point since his art assets are wrapped up and he's working on his horror RPG pretty much full time now but he's said things are still progressing.
Specifically, it seemed like they wanted to iterate quickly on changes but ran into hellish problems with the engine they chose. They were then faced with the choice of upgrading to a newer version of the engine - a massive undertaking, staying where they were - making testing and incremental changes very difficult, or starting from scratch on a different engine - a more massive undertaking.

I'm pretty sure they went with the "stay where we are and deal with this garbage" choice. "Our tooling is fighting against us and we are just dealing with it" isn't newsworthy.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah every time I saw an update I was struck by 2 things: 1) it looked really good, like, over the top perfection and attention to detail and 2) it had a huge amount of feature creep. He should have tried to keep it small, but the expectations of thousands of backers and the high of getting such a huge lump sum for a project... Well, it's a familiar story.

I'm really not too bothered. I've come to consider backing a project a donation, not a pre-order or an investment. Sadly, that means I've backed a whole lot less projects recently. If it ever does come out, I'll be pleasantly surprised, and I might even just pay to buy it again if I can't be bothered to figure out how to collect on my pledge. But I don't expect it at this point. Projects fail, bills must be paid, life goes on.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
e

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I get that things go wrong but running away any time it gets brought up after 2 years of silence is kinda lovely.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
lovely yes, but also understandable. I cant help but think of big undertakings ive made of my own self that basically went nowhere. Cant imagine what thatd be like if vast amounts of other peoplea money was also on the line.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Barkarkley.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I remember when
I remember... i remember when i paid my pledge
There was something so pleasant about that day
When i had the chance to contribute to a new barkley

But when we're out there, and we care
Yeah, they're out of touch
But it wasn't because they didn't try enough
We just asked too much

Does that make them lazy?

... Possibly

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Khorne posted:

I'm pretty sure they went with the "stay where we are and deal with this garbage" choice. "Our tooling is fighting against us and we are just dealing with it" isn't newsworthy.

That would absolutely be newsworthy on the grounds that it would mean the project is not 100% dead.

I EXPECT that it's 100% dead. But there is a nonzero possibility it's just "we occasionally work on it when we can, but it's only in our spare time, and the engine is poo poo which makes it hard, and honestly it might as well be dead and will never come out but we are still making an attempt."

All I want is an official, definitive statement to the effect of exactly how dead the project is.

I still tune into Frankie sometimes, but I've stopped asking him for updates because I imagine it's annoying, and also he probably honestly doesn't know.

Edit: You know why I feel worse about this? Because with lots of doomed Kickstarters, it was clearly a lost cause or a literal scam from the start. Here, we know they have actual gameplay locked down. They just too up their own asses with scope creep, apparently.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 13, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

An update explaining the state of things might even bring out people who could help the project. Its gotta be better than living in exile like some pariah.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cboyardee is dead.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

I get that things go wrong but running away any time it gets brought up after 2 years of silence is kinda lovely.

Uncle Wemus posted:

An update explaining the state of things might even bring out people who could help the project. Its gotta be better than living in exile like some pariah.

That's easy to say not being in the devs' position. I can't imagine the stress and the guilt that comes with a years-late Kickstarter that's run out of money. Being ashamed and just ghosting everyone would be very tempting to do, especially given how toxic things like this can get on the internet.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cboyardee is dead.

gently caress dude rip!!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cboyardee is dead.

howd he do this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybfO8OnORA

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

real talk zone: my pledge was payment for barkley 1

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

barkrey

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
someone still has the ToG twitter login at least

https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/995847987711668224

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

they did last year, anyway.

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

bapes

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
some of the peeps just released a free game on steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1064420/Phucker_in_the_Gulag/?beta=0

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That looks like 200+ hours of non anime content.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Borangutan.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The best new gun's revealed for Barkley 2 are:
Cougar. You know, just the right weapon for the right situations.
2. Hickory. You know, the gun and the gunplay of an old college football coach on the sideline.
3. Hobbit. The gun that looks like a hobo's hammer.
4. Voodoo. A really cool piece of gadgetry.
5. Gigantic Bulldog. The gun of a huge, bad guy, that doesn't look cool.
6. Gigantic Cobra. Yeah, the Cobra, but much bigger, much stronger.
7. Giant Hammer. A giant thing in all, that looks way too good to be real.
8. Scorpion. No gun's allowed, but if gun's are part of the deal, the scorpion will get it all.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
nintendo(n't) 2019 e3 vidcon list has been leaked...

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Future Days posted:

loving finally

e: is this fake?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Future Days posted:

God hand sequel AND TWEWY sequel?!???? :ohjesusfuck:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

loving finally

e: is this fake?

Taimanin Asagi HD is incredibly real, my dude.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
What is Fourtnite, and why is it realeasing 10 years from now?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Future Days posted:

I love it when , promises get made .

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think the moral of the story is that they should have stolen their assets again.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BarkleE3y

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They sold out when they made Fortnite 3 imo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual posted:

I think the moral of the story is that they should have stolen their assets again.

the art's the part I've seen a bunch of work on, tho!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I got an Official Dilbert Fan Club denim jacket for $18 at a thrift store. It says Dogbert's New Ruling Class on the back.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
2012: Barkley 2 Kickstarter
2013: N/A
2014: N/A
2015: Kojima leaves Konami
2016: N/A
2017: N/A
2018: N/A
2019: Kojima finishes new game

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

WarpDogs posted:

2020: Star Citizen: Squadron 42 released

Just kidding lol that's never happening

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

WarpDogs posted:

2023: A Twitch streamer discovers that Death Stranding is just a Glittermitten Grove-esque distraction, uncovering the real game hidden inside: The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Platform Masters will come out before Barkley 2 :toxx:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This game out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hentai Jihadist posted:

This game out yet?

Yeah restart steam