Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm still going to buy the stupid game because i suck

don't beat yourself up over stuff like this because if you do then you'd find yourself beaten to death by the sheer amount of stuff we need none the less stuff we want that was made by absolute horrific monster type people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
None of those serious accusations/charges ever stuck to Hardwick, and no solid evidence was really produced either so I can't really judge him on that.

I will however judge him on the fact that he has always been a gigantic loving douchebag with a really punchable face. Like the dude started a Celebrity Bowling show on YouTube just to show off what a great bowler he is, god drat.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
More like Randy Bitchford!

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Gonna :filez: this game and personally venmo every non-rapist who worked on it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Fwiw nothing stuck to Hardwick because the investigation AMC did into his conduct was done by a company run by his mother-in-law.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Also...that kind of rape is the kind of rape republicans complain about and dismiss as "no big deal" police and authority figures everywhere share that same lovely mindset which is why its harder to prosecute those kinds of things. they were in a relationship so therefore anything that happened as long as he didn't hit her was fine. -vomits-

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
If the partner is not willing but also cannot bring themselves to prevent you from having sex on them. that's still rape though those same authority figures would say poo poo like "you changed your mind but you already agreed so we cant say that's rape" or some other such nonsense.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!
Nap Ghost

Orange Crush Rush posted:

None of those serious accusations/charges ever stuck to Hardwick, and no solid evidence was really produced either so I can't really judge him on that.

I will however judge him on the fact that he has always been a gigantic loving douchebag with a really punchable face. Like the dude started a Celebrity Bowling show on YouTube just to show off what a great bowler he is, god drat.

If someone says they were raped you believe them until they are proven to be lying. Thanks.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm still going to buy the stupid game because i suck

A lot of things we buy and use in everyday life are made by companies helmed by people of questionable character. A lot of these guys keep their heads down and don't want the drama.
I wouldn't think about it too much. If you start modifying your purchasing decisions based on ethics, you will end up with a full wallet and an empty home

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A lot of things we buy and use in everyday life are made by companies helmed by people of questionable character. A lot of these guys keep their heads down and don't want the drama.
I wouldn't think about it too much. If you start modifying your purchasing decisions based on ethics, you will end up with a full wallet and an empty home

That's a good point but however Randy is not one of these people. He's a chimpanzee throwing his poo poo everywhere.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Chris Hardwick sounds like a real piece of poo poo, but it was pretty weird that one of her listed gripes against him was that "He said I can't bring alcohol into the house just because he's a recovering alcholic".

Anyway this game looks really fun and I love playing this series, but man everything about Gearbox seems really bad. Hopefully either the game is terrible so I wont want to buy it, or they have an executive culling.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Does anyone know if lasers will be in BL3? I heard they were in the spin off game but I never played that.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Does anyone know if lasers will be in BL3? I heard they were in the spin off game but I never played that.

I think so. You could always check the videos streamers made when they where invited to play the game.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Tei posted:

I think so. You could always check the videos streamers made when they where invited to play the game.

I think there will be guns that fire lasers, like a Torgue legendary rifle I've seen, but they use the regular gun types and ammo.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think there will be guns that fire lasers, like a Torgue legendary rifle I've seen, but they use the regular gun types and ammo.

Wait...Torgue? Lasers?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Wait...Torgue? Lasers?

Unless the lasers EXPLODE then everyone should boycott this game

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Megazver posted:

Even she didn't claim he's a rapist, just that he's an 'emotional abuser'.

And, tbh, I followed the whole poo poo storm from the start and the impression I developed at the end was - they had a relationship that wasn't working well, she slept with someone else in the relationship's twilight period, he broke up with her and she just couldn't take being broken up with, so a lot of rationalization and context readjustment happened.

Like, for example, here's a claim from her statement that there was an actual third party witness for. She writes:

The woman who was their con-assigned handler and with them the whole evening in question actually wrote about this, saying that what happened was a) he left them for an hour or two saying he got invited for like a business lunch type thing, b) came back forty-ish minutes later saying he misunderstood the person who invited him (said actress, who he never then dated ) and it was just a small party with no business stuff happening, so he left to come back to them and c) he hung out with the GF and her for the rest of the evening.

And the whole thing is like that.

But ultimately we still agree he told his then-girlfriend to stay in the hotel room and left to meet an actress who, it turns out, didn't want to trade phone numbers?

I mean like, is this supposed to be better than the accusation?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:pirate: yarr, gently caress randy pitchford

but not the developers that work for him, unless they're shitheads and literal cucks like anthony burch

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm going to assume the "Lilith turns evil" thing fans were sure was going to happen has been tossed out the window now right?

please tell me i still get to shoot her in her stupid bastard face for being such a terrible character

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 30, 2019

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Unless the lasers EXPLODE then everyone should boycott this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wtTkNHT-ls

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Ugh, the text says lasers DO NOT equal explosions.

Tho I do admire the editing skill required to make picking up a gun and shooting a vehicle with it once into 3+ minutes of content.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

internet celebrity posted:

Gonna :filez: this game and personally venmo every non-rapist who worked on it.

So Lisa in accounting, then? Just Lisa in accounting.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
code:
we regret to inform you that Lisa beats her husband

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

code:

She gets off on a technicality!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I don't think I've ever seen such a monumental amount of self sabotage on the run up to a game's launch than I have with BL3 and Randy, it won't affect sales much in the long run because things like this never do but it's completely tanked Gearbox's reputation, so thanks Randy for making your dev team get tarred with your poo poo.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Judge Tesla posted:

I don't think I've ever seen such a monumental amount of self sabotage on the run up to a game's launch than I have with BL3 and Randy, it won't affect sales much in the long run because things like this never do but it's completely tanked Gearbox's reputation, so thanks Randy for making your dev team get tarred with your poo poo.

Not that there aren't other dev teams that aren't colossal messes. Stardock comes to mind. Makers of some old 4x games. Brad Wardell was the guy's name. Massive tool and liked to harass his female employees. There was a thread dedicated to how much of a jerk that guy was here in Games at one point.

Course, that was... how many years ago? I've no idea what they're up to now.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 31, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Right now, Brad Wardell is trying to sue the original creators of Star Control 2 into oblivion for their IP.

Here is their GoFundMe. They go over the situation and they could use the support

https://www.gofundme.com/help-fred-amp-paul-save-the-universe?member=333940

They go into more detail in their blog.

https://www.dogarandkazon.com/

spit on my clit posted:

:pirate: yarr, gently caress randy pitchford

but not the developers that work for him, unless they're shitheads and literal cucks like anthony burch

please tell me i still get to shoot her in her stupid bastard face for being such a terrible character

Now now, I am sure there are plenty of dudes that are perfectly decent that just happen to be into that kink.

and i likely just triggered a horrible new tangent

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 31, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

code:

We regret to inform you the husband is also abusive

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So, just finished this quest recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnJ9NmK3Pc

I think I like this DLC

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

I think I like this DLC

I do. I would not mind if every DLC where based on a single character pathos. But I imagine is impractical, because we can't have 20 DLC's of super high quality.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What's the chance that Randy is a Star Citizen megawhale?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If you start modifying your purchasing decisions based on ethics, you will end up with a full wallet and an empty home

yeah, it owns so much.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What's the chance that Randy is a Star Citizen megawhale?

He's the sort of person Super Seducer was made for.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Donovan Trip posted:

Gearbox executive producer, who left Disney to join Gearbox just a year ago, has left the company. link

Johnny just announced he went to Nintendo. He'll probably tweet out Mario's phone number

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, that's definitely a trade up.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Unlucky7 posted:

INFURIATING STAR CONTROL II STUFF

I knew those guys were finally working on a true sequel to UQM, but this lawsuit tragedy is new information. If this Brad rear end in a top hat prevents me from getting the thing I’ve longed for since I was a mere child, arguing endlessly that, actually, there’s no rule against making a whole team of Maulers and Furies in Super Melee! if I want to and gently caress YOU AND YOUR CHEAP JUGGER SHIELD BULLSHIT KYLE, I am going to be inconsolable. :(

burial fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 31, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This thread is going to be really popular un a few days.

It seems Borderlands the handsome collection will be free in PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqDeC-h7aCg

Everyone: Wellcome, take a chair and have fun.

¡Viva el Clap Trap!.

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
Randy has a humiliation fetish and is intentionally causing drama to get off. I think we should have realized this when his wife “accidentally “ tweeted a picture of him crouched on a dirty bathroom floor for god knows what reason.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please can we stick to BL3, Randy Pitchford and gearbox. Let us not have a derail into Chris Hardwick and other shady video game industry people.

Thank you kindly!

(I am really stoked for this game! BL1 and BL2 are my third and fourth most played games on Steam :D)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Please can we stick to BL3, Randy Pitchford and gearbox. Let us not have a derail into Chris Hardwick and other shady video game industry people.

Thank you kindly!

(I am really stoked for this game! BL1 and BL2 are my third and fourth most played games on Steam :D)

hardwick is a part of bl3 unfortunately though I think discussion about him shouldnt cause anyone to feel uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
For people who have played Rage 2 - does it have a similar feel to Borderlands in terms of gameplay? It's a while til BL3 so looking for something to bridge the gap.