Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

I didnt like 1 at all when i tried it and i heard the ps has annoying oxygen meters but i'll check out 2 cause people say its good

The O² is more of an afterthought and is rarely ever an issue or even noticeable, almost every location is conveniently supplied. TPS wasn't worth it for me because it barely added anything to the mechanics, it drags on way, way longer than it should, and Jack is insufferable, which is extra annoying when you don't get to shoot him in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Sonic Mania's worth the money friendos

e: I bought the DLC two weeks ago

I'm not sure I finished it -- I bought it when it came out on Switch, but realized I only liked Sonic when I was a little kid, and not so much nowadays. It's a really well-made love letter to the first three Sonic games on Genesis, so if you (still) like those, you'll like Mania.

The Robotnik Bean Machine boss fight was awesome, though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
PS Plus is raising prices again which in conjunction with the 30% off sale means I’ll finally buy a yearly subscription

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

What's it going up to and when?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Supposedly it's increasing in new Zealand. No price increase in NA/EU yet.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It’s going up from 33 to 37PLN here starting August :shobon: they even sent me two emails about it because the first one just contained „%%one_price%%”

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Cripes, that scared me to see as I was falling asleep. Condolences to Kiwi goons, though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

axelblaze posted:

Kind of lost in the Death Strnding news but the PS+ game for June will be

Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection

Can't imagine why no one noticed.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Is Pixark any good? Looks like a potentially fun Minecraft clone but I'm worried all the fun stuff is hidden behind grind/microtransactions.

Also can I play DayZ by myself or do I have to play online with other people?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ineffiable posted:

Supposedly it's increasing in new Zealand. No price increase in NA/EU yet.

I got one so that's South America too.

EU will probably increase, don't know about NA.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A years pass is already 50 loving quid

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

A years pass is already 50 loving quid

$60 in America, I just checked Amazon.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If their online service wasn't terrible, they might be able to justify it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I hope the NA price doesn't go up, I like getting the free games and the slightly better sale prices, and I can't do justify paying more than $10 for that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Just get a whole year of it on sale and you can pay $3.75 a month

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't think that I'll renew PS+ (lasts until December) but last year was going for 37€ during Black Friday. With the exception of a few games, it's becoming harder to justify 60€ even if it is for the PS+ discounts alone and I didn't play a mp game on PS4 in months.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Speaking of PS+, what's the news on the PS+ games this month?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Anora posted:

Sonic Mania
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anora posted:

Knack 2
Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Wasn't there supposed to be a culdcept game for NA PS4 this year?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Is this the best deal around right now? Is cdkeys.com a decent site?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A little bit of a P.T. repeat may be imminent.

Minecraft: Story Mode is apparently going to be made un-downloadable after June 25th on all platforms.

This goes beyond digital purchases alone, since this used the "season pass disc" formula where discs might only have a single episode on them with the rest being free downloads ordinarily, but the ability to do this might also be blocked.

For Season 1 (eight episodes total) you can get them all on a single disc via the "Complete Adventures" edition. The one that's just called "story mode season pass disc" only has episode 1 with the ability to download episodes 2-5 (6-8 were paid this way).
For Season 2 (a further five episodes) options are more limited. It's possible the Japanese disc version contains all five episodes on-disc, although I don't know if this is playable in English. Otherwise I think only the Switch version has episodes 2-5 actually stored on the media and not as separate downloads.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I heard about that. Didn't they say they're not certain if you'll be able to download them again?

As in they could not give a definite answer on 'if you've already bought it you can/can't re-download it' but they can't say with absolute certainty for all platforms.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Prey (2006) was removed ages ago from Steam but you could keep downloading it. Same with other games that got removed completely. PC users may be able to keep downloading it but the situation is kinda different on PSN considering what they did with PT.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Will Minecraft Story Mode still be available on netflix though

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Prey (2006) was removed ages ago from Steam but you could keep downloading it. Same with other games that got removed completely. PC users may be able to keep downloading it but the situation is kinda different on PSN considering what they did with PT.

The Scott pilgrim game and the tmnt arcade title they did were delisted from psn but you can re-download. That was back on ps3.

So it really could just vary. If you can't re-download minecraft, this would be the first game that you could have paid for that you can't download again once it's delisted.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Only PT really outright got removed because it was a demo for a game that no longer was going to exist and because it was free, no one list money anyways. Other than cases like that, it is extremely rare for them to make a game undownloadable if you already bought it.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Are there other modern examples where a demo was widely published but then the game got cancelled and never actually came out?

(I know P.T. was more of an "interactive promotional advertisement," but for simplicity let's go with demo.)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That NBA Elite game from a couple years back is probably the most famous example, although in that case the game was pretty much cancelled based on reaction to the demo as copies were being shipped to stores.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can think of a couple of MMO's that got to the beta stage before ending up cancelled but nothing like PT

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of funny to think that if it hadn't been tragically cancelled, knowing Kojima, PT would probably still not be done.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I can think of a couple of MMO's that got to the beta stage before ending up cancelled but nothing like PT
Still lmaoing at the Gurren Lagann MMO like 10 years ago that was cancelled because it was corrupting people's hard drives, and Konami had to send all the beta testers external hard drives to back up their files so they could reinstall Windows

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha holy poo poo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
hahaha what

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Seems to be currently and yes CD keys are fairly reputable.

If you don't mind waiting a few days; https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fr...thread-comments

If you're prepared to faff about doing the o2 sim credit trick you can get the sub for about £18

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If I disconnect my PS4 from the internet before my ps+ subscription expires, can I mess with the internal clock or otherwise do some trickery to keep my ps+ free games from expiring? All this discussion of “end of cycle” games has me thinking about what is likely to happen in a few years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont think so

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If it's your primary PS4, you get a few days before it locks you out and it has to phone home. If it's not your primary, it'll always have to connect before launching.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

1redflag posted:

If I disconnect my PS4 from the internet before my ps+ subscription expires, can I mess with the internal clock or otherwise do some trickery to keep my ps+ free games from expiring? All this discussion of “end of cycle” games has me thinking about what is likely to happen in a few years.

No, I think the Sony consoles' internal clocks works with a hard-coded time_t sort-of system and whatever you set as "system time" is just an offset of that. If you mess with the clock it'll compensate the expiration time accordingly.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

If it's your primary PS4, you get a few days before it locks you out and it has to phone home. If it's not your primary, it'll always have to connect before launching.

I think if it's your primary PS4 and fully offline, it doesn't need to "phone home" until after your PS+ expires, at least based off the expiration date when it went offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Okay, that all kind of makes sense from the Sony side of the equation. Guess I need to get on beating some of these free games (at least the ones that aren’t complete garbage)