Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Costco working on drone delivery that can shoot a dawg directly into your mouth from 500m altitude

As long as they drizzle a cup full of chopped onion on my hot dog riddled body we're good.

quote:

clothes chat

I've never really bought jeans at Costco. They tend to have alot of 501s on sale now and then. I always by the new season of flannels tho. I try them on in store like everyone else. Makes buying clothes that fit no problemo. Then I eat like 30 samples in one trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Loved a pair of skinny lucky jeans until they rear end ripped a year later, pants still looked new so Costco took them back with a smile and a handshake 🥰

PBUC

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Is the Kirkland brand of tequila any good?

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

Yeah, almost every kirkland liquor is great. The spiced rum used to be really tasty but then they switched bottlers apparently because it's sickly sweet now, very gross.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Really regret moving to Ohio, I miss the kirkland vodka ($20) so much. And just all the other liquors. Costco is still good though, I've got 3 stores in a 15-20 minute drive around me and have never seen a line at the gas station, that was a huge surprise.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

FormatAmerica posted:

Yeah, almost every kirkland liquor is great. The spiced rum used to be really tasty but then they switched bottlers apparently because it's sickly sweet now, very gross.

Cursed here by not having Kirkland liquor at the attached liquor store.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

jisforjosh posted:

What the gently caress???

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

FormatAmerica posted:

What the gently caress???

Some have a liquor store sharing a corner of the building, but it's a separate company.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

jisforjosh posted:

Mine (in Texas) is the same way. I can't find Kirkland liquor anywhere at my local Costco

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I wish costcos in canada had booze, that’d be awesome.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

priznat posted:

Man I wish costcos in canada had booze, that’d be awesome.

They do in Quebec? At least, I know they have wines and beers and stuff, at least...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Phylodox posted:

They do in Quebec? At least, I know they have wines and beers and stuff, at least...

Quebec isn’t Canada tho :colbert:

They have booze in corner stores too the fuckers.

Peppersmith
Oct 29, 2007
There's a couple in Edmonton that do, think it differs between provinces.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cruisin', boozin', food court usin'

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Pita chips are on sale. I could eat the whole goddamn bag in one sitting.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

keevo posted:

The anejo is real good

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

The Kirkland scotch I tried was pretty lovely.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

funny song about politics posted:

Mine (in Texas) is the same way. I can't find Kirkland liquor anywhere at my local Costco

Wondering if it's some Texas law. I know grocery stores can't sell liquor.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

BaconCopter posted:

The Kirkland scotch I tried was pretty lovely.

Which one?

There's the $17 handle of blended scotch and then they have various other forms of scotch going all the way up to 27 fuckin' years.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

FogHelmut posted:

Also these are legit as fuuuuuccckkk

Thanks for this tip

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

trying (samples), buying, hot dog eyeing

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Taima posted:

Which one?

There's the $17 handle of blended scotch and then they have various other forms of scotch going all the way up to 27 fuckin' years.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure it was the $17 handle. I didn't buy it myself, and this was a few years ago. But it was very bad, even for a blended scotch.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Olanphonia posted:

The anejo is real good

I didn't see any anejo when I was there. I only saw the Silver. What brands are they supposed to be similar to?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

BaconCopter posted:

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure it was the $17 handle. I didn't buy it myself, and this was a few years ago. But it was very bad, even for a blended scotch.

Ah yeah that's fair especially if you were drinking it straight. I don't mind the $17 handle but mostly just in highballs and stuff... sipping not so much.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

jisforjosh posted:

Wondering if it's some Texas law. I know grocery stores can't sell liquor.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org
/wiki/List_of_alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States]
It's always some state law. Basically every state has its own unique rules with regards to alcohol sales.[/url]

Costco actually spend quite a bit of money getting liquor rules changed in my state.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hell yeah they did. gently caress a state liquor store. :patriot:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The NBA finals game is tonight and I’m working. I’m heading to Costco to get 3 pizzas and be the hero of the day for everyone working.

PBUC.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Taima posted:

Ah yeah that's fair especially if you were drinking it straight. I don't mind the $17 handle but mostly just in highballs and stuff... sipping not so much.

That was the general consensus of everyone who was with me. Have you tried any of the aged ones? How do they fair?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

BeastOfExmoor posted:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org
/wiki/List_of_alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States]
It's always some state law. Basically every state has its own unique rules with regards to alcohol sales.[/url]

Costco actually spend quite a bit of money getting liquor rules changed in my state.

Costco couldn't change state law here, but they did get the city ordinance changed. It used to be that you couldn't have a liquor store within a mile of an already established liquor store but Costco came in and said "Get rid of that ordinance or we don't build."

4 or 5 liquor stores opened in the mile before Costco did.

The wine store closed for obvious loving reasons. Like, you know, "hey don't open a wine store right next door to 4 other liquor stores." They literally blamed the exact law change that allowed them to open for the reason they couldn't compete. Even before Costco opened a study was performed that suggested the wine store wasn't going to survive. They still blamed others for their failure.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Going to a cold brew tasting but packed that Kirkland for after, that jaguar claws me out of sleep

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Buy this tequila

PBUClooney

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone know if Costco sells wetsuits? I don’t recall seeing them ever.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MarcusSA posted:

I think they have in the past, but many years ago. It's possible they still do but it'd definitely be a one-off summer item, probably look into it closer to July/August.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

I think they have in the past, but many years ago. It's possible they still do but it'd definitely be a one-off summer item, probably look into it closer to July/August.

Ok thanks I seem to recall seeing them once but I couldn’t remember. I’ll keep an eye out.

Thanks!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

I don't see why not. They used to sell a full ghillie suit
nvm they still do
https://www.costco.com/Natural-Blind-Green-3-piece-Deluxe-Ghillie-Suit.product.100412989.html

Tactical rotisserie chicken buyin'

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Fifty bucks?! It’s worth it just to HAVE

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

God that would be awesome for freaking the poo poo out of people

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can we talk abit about some of the real ABSURD poo poo you can get at Costco. Did anyone ever buy that GIANT loving surfboard they hang up during the summer months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Can we talk abit about some of the real ABSURD poo poo you can get at Costco. Did anyone ever buy that GIANT loving surfboard they hang up during the summer months?

You mean a paddleboard or the foam wavestorm?