Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Feel like that kinda clogs the paint too much to really be ideal, at least until Zion's jumper gets a little more reliable. Also can't imagine them wanting anything to do with Gordon given the history there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Feel like that kinda clogs the paint too much to really be ideal, at least until Zion's jumper gets a little more reliable. Also can't imagine them wanting anything to do with Gordon given the history there.

I feel like Capella does a pretty decent job of rotating out of the way of Harden's drives. I thought about the Gordon part and just figured he'd be a relatively easy flip or might even take a buyout . . . but also that's why I put two draft picks instead of one..

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

gordon would be a good sixth man for a contender and has good name recognition; you could move him pretty easily

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I feel like Capella does a pretty decent job of rotating out of the way of Harden's drives. I thought about the Gordon part and just figured he'd be a relatively easy flip or might even take a buyout . . . but also that's why I put two draft picks instead of one..

He just kinda hangs out in the dunker spot waiting for a lob if they overcommit to the Harden drive, and it's hard for anyone to help out because the spacing around it is so good. Don't think that works nearly as well with NO's roster. It makes sense defensively though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

One could maybe argue that Capella is a good big to stick next to Zion and Julius Randle.

http://tradenba.com/trades/H1f1BP3pE

Maybe not the upside potential some other AD deals have but they could be competing with Zion sooner rather than later.

I still think they need to throw a big contract at Brook Lopez to space the court for them

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Glumslinger posted:

I still think they need to throw a big contract at Brook Lopez to space the court for them

They don’t really have a big contract to throw, do they?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
https://twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1133915874270695425

My suspicion that Frank Vogel is not actually a good defensive coach has its first bit of evidence early.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

My suspicion that Frank Vogel is not actually a good defensive coach has its first bit of evidence early.

Is translating this to "Lebron does not ever want to switch onto bigs or small fast guards" going too far?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is translating this to "Lebron does not ever want to switch onto bigs or small fast guards" going too far?

nah i think that’s pretty accurate, i think lebron’s got too many miles to chase dudes through screens around the perimeter for 82 games a season and as such any reasonable aggressive switching scheme would have him probably at the 4 or 5 for most of the game on defense

but yeah vogel sounds like a loving pushover who hasn’t paid attention to the direction the nba is trending

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I can't remember if this guy is full of poo poo or not but it's a slow day

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/1134100823045300226?s=20

I'd 100% turn the no. 12 pick and like Marvin Williams into Capela. Gordon less so

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1133909338639216644?s=19

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

That is some primo wade smugface right there.

Also, cross sports but that is gonna be the basketball equivalent of this:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think it's 100% accurate.

Problem is that the Lakers don't have many good individual defenders so switching is how they manage to have a league average defense.

That is cool.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1134194688519540736?s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
God bless the demise of the rockets

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

feel bad for the cool rear end rockets fans but daryl morey is a false fuckin prophet and sucks

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hahahah morey is melting down that their window is closing and he went all in with no future flexibility and he’s going to scuttle the whole thing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
A very Morey tactic to squeeze the last chance they have before Chris Paul's contract really strangles them would be to sit Paul for the first 40 games next year. Seems to have about 60 games and no more in him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I hope they recreate The Oop Picture

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Hahahah morey is melting down that their window is closing and he went all in with no future flexibility and he’s going to scuttle the whole thing

they have one (1) extremely tradeable asset in capela’s contract and i guess an expiring gordon but they’d have to replace two very significant rotation pieces and also find someone to take on cp3’s monster contract which lmao

signing cp3 looked okay at the time but in hindsight was a bad call with harden coming off a great season running point under d’antoni

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

they have one (1) extremely tradeable asset in capela’s contract and i guess an expiring gordon but they’d have to replace two very significant rotation pieces and also find someone to take on cp3’s monster contract which lmao

signing cp3 looked okay at the time but in hindsight was a bad call with harden coming off a great season running point under d’antoni

I think it was fine. They were a game away from likely winning a championship over Cleveland last year. It was just an absolutely 100% all in on the next two years and drat the consequences move and well, now they gotta drat some consequences

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rick posted:

What the hell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
He had a couple of great seasons, a couple of seasons where his teams were awful, and the rest were mediocre.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Morey is losing his damned mind.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Morey is losing his damned mind.

all must be done as the Model demands it, sbmh.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Giannis is the superstar we deserve https://theathletic.com/1001604/201...urce=dailyemail

The Athletic posted:

“I thought about how LeBron starts the season or Kawhi or all these guys, KD (Kevin Durant); have you ever seen how they start the season?” Antetokounmpo said. “Did you see the way I started the season? I was like, ‘I’m running through the loving wall.’ I’m just like, ‘AHHHHHHHHHH.’

The Athletic posted:

“Now, every day in my head, I’m seeing Gasol double-team me,” Antetokounmpo said. “You think I’m joking, but I’m not. I’m not seeing anybody else. I don’t care who’s guarding me. Give me a name. Thaddeus Young. All I’m seeing is Kawhi, Gasol coming because I know that. When I get to that situation, it might not be them. It might be (Joel) Embiid. Ben Simmons guarding me, Embiid double- teaming, but that’s what I’m seeing now. That’s what I feel like I have to do better.”

“And, thank you. Thank you, because Gasol and Kawhi made me a better player. I’m not trying to be sarcastic. I’m being honest. They’re going to push me to be better. You gotta use this year as motivation. You cannot just come here and mope around.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

holy poo poo this is an amazing article. Reads like he was planning a book had they won the title because the quotes and access are insane

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I think it was fine. They were a game away from likely winning a championship over Cleveland last year. It was just an absolutely 100% all in on the next two years and drat the consequences move and well, now they gotta drat some consequences

there's no way they take it over even that half dead Cleveland team

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Lebron would have averaged 40 a game but Houston would have smoked them.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I mean there’s no transitive property in basketball but they took GS to 7 and GS swept Cleveland without having to try hard

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

We are talking about the rockets without Chris Paul right, Cavs in 5

LeBron by himself took a worse team to 6 games against a better team in 2015

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
That Cavs 2018 team was a pile of poo poo, but the Rockets that year were built specifically to defeat the Warriors and I think there's only so much clever defensive scheming you can do against a team whose one strategy is 'give it to Lebron'.

Rockets in 6

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kevin Love would shut down the root beer barrel like he did the coward Stephen Curry

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Randle is apparently interested in the suns which would be cool

Booker/bridges/oubre/randle/ayton

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

hifi posted:

That would be really solid.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

hifi posted:

get buckets

MourningView