Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Xenoborg posted:

One of my coworkers today started talking unprompted about how the US should just annex Mexico because they aren’t able to govern themselves and have lots of natural resources we can take. I made up a meeting I had to go to. Is that an idea going around?

Just point out that all illegal aliens (because they're all Mexican, of course) would become American citizens.

ded posted:

Robin Olds wrote about it in his book. I can't remember the exacts but they had higher problems of incidents due to pilots trying to push the planes well past what they are supposed to do because well, they are the same plane. Also that the training value was much less due to... training against the same drat aircraft.

About 90% or more of our aerial combat training is against similar aircraft, so I would call it a non-issue at this point. Training rules are VASTLY different than they were in Olds' day. DACT is great when you can get it, but that usually involves sending a few dozen people TDY and the budget for that has been tight for the past...oh, 25 years. Unless you're traveling to an exercise/event (Red Flag, Combat Archer, supporting a school) it's rare. The only reason the F-22 wings have T-38 squadrons to fight is because it's too loving easy for them to beat up on F-15s and 16s.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Vasudus posted:

this still makes me laugh every time

Where’s Landerig though?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

Just point out that all illegal aliens (because they're all Mexican, of course) would become American citizens.

They got a solution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensraum

It's final.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

Where’s Landerig though?

wouldn't work in this format

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hell yeah

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JenLucPiquant/status/1134506001921597441

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good for... Italy?!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

How do you get expelled from motherfucking Italy for fraud and corruption?

That’s like getting expelled from the olympics for running too fast.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Probably just worse than greece about hiding it

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

FrozenVent posted:

How do you get expelled from motherfucking Italy for fraud and corruption?

That’s like getting expelled from the olympics for running too fast.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1134517588376137729

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FrozenVent posted:

The coast guard reservists I’ve dealt with were pretty cool so good on her.

Only exposure to Coast Guard I have had is in this thread, but the Coasties do seem to be the most levelheaded of the lot of you.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hexyflexy posted:

I don't think I have the ability to process this one.

The only thing manlier than sucking a dick is saying "thanks, but I've had my fill"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Eej posted:

The only thing manlier than sucking a dick is saying "thanks, but I've had my fill"

As we've seen from these very forums some people suck dick in moderation

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Milo and POTUS posted:

As we've seen from these very forums some people suck dick in moderation

Some of their moderation sucked dick too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
June thread up

I loving went on a browser to post this.