Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there going to be enough tape though? :ohdear:

Oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Oh no

RIP Murata's dad :smith:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

TheLoneStar posted:

I'm glad Saitama's still having a healthy diet consisting of swords.

At least he's getting plenty of iron.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

(Saitama's head not a text bbl)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I love gag comic Genos's personality

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This fight retroactively made Sonic funnier for me because he couldn't even keep up for more than a few panels with casual Saitama and for all his bark about being fast it looks like Flash would wipe the floor with him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Well yeah, light is much faster than sound.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Elentor posted:

This fight retroactively made Sonic funnier for me because he couldn't even keep up for more than a few panels with casual Saitama and for all his bark about being fast it looks like Flash would wipe the floor with him.

At least Sonic noticed this and actually tried (and even actually did) improve. I think the ninja with an angelic, childlike smile can break the light barrier eventually.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh, a few people in the Murata thread pointed out a few things in common.

skaianDestiny posted:

Not really.

Happened in the webcomic too.

Kild posted:

A change from the webcomic too where they controlled it from a bunker even further below lol

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Huh, this is how I remembered it too. I even had a particular image in mind I couldn't wait to see get the Murata treatment. Maybe I'm misremembering the sequence of events.

I remember exactly like others describe as well. Is this what mandela effect feels like? :v:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

She always had the meat puppet thing going on, there is absolutely no way whatsoever that they would skip the "Tatsumaki is so goddamn strong, like impossibly strong, that being miles away underground won't hide you"

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If you guys feel like maybe things aren't like you remembered, maybe go back and remind yourselves how this poo poo plays out?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terror Sweat posted:

She always had the meat puppet thing going on, there is absolutely no way whatsoever that they would skip the "Tatsumaki is so goddamn strong, like impossibly strong, that being miles away underground won't hide you"

Ah yeah, I just read it again. There's a gap in the chapters between the meat puppet part and her being buried underground so that's why I probably forgot the original meat puppet panel.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also it's been a couple years irl, so it makes sense people might mix it up with her appearance in the Tatsumaki Arc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ONE really enjoys the gag where someone thinks theyre safe and then 'found you'

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's pretty crazy how the past like 10 chapters or so are all just 2 chapters of the webcomic

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Terror Sweat posted:

It's pretty crazy how the past like 10 chapters or so are all just 2 chapters of the webcomic

Yeah and I think it's dope.

If you want brevity then the webcomic's perfect.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ya I hella forgot about the fake out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So what was the point of orochi.
Just another wall for Garou to underdog against?
Because for all that setup he got done in pretty quickly. And not talking about being one punched, its how for all his setup he got less pages than pheonixman.

How long are the cadre fights going to be im saying. Black Sperm is going to be a year long fight lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Something that only Saitama could defeat presumably? This whole monster cell stuff hasn't really done anything so far other than that great gag with Sonic cooking them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I guess orochi was just somebody for saitama to chump since its going to be a while till they get to the garou fight

(Lol auto-correct tried to make me post GARO)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I figured Orochi out.

Its Murata trolling the gently caress of the animators.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the point of orochi is that he looks cool

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I figured Orochi out.

Its Murata trolling the gently caress of the animators.

if s2 is anything to go by, I don't think they need his help

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Because for all that setup he got done in pretty quickly. And not talking about being one punched, its how for all his setup he got less pages than pheonixman.

How long are the cadre fights going to be im saying. Black Sperm is going to be a year long fight lol

He gives Saitama something to punch which is a lot more important to the Murata comic because it sells itself more heavily on Saitama looking cool as he punches things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's a parallel to the House of Evolution and their gigantic failure of Asura Rhino.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Among other things, he serves as a better reason for why the association manages to keep all these monsters united under a single banner since the threat of dying to him is very real so even the Cadre are kept in line despite Black Speem, or more specifically Golden Sperm, being of a similar tier. And with Psykos running everything else it keeps her in a leadership role while having some actual muscle to bolster her position.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Orochi is kind of necessary in the manga version because the Monster Association is such a very different thing there.

Webcome MA is a few dozen powerful monsters who haven't revealed their existence to the wider world yet. It's not too wild that Psykos could keep them in line roughly by herself.
Manga MA is several hundred monsters (at least) of varying strength actively waging a very public war. You need a lot more structure to swing that.

And that's besides giving Saitama something to do so he's not just absent several volumes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So I'm pretty sure that when we finally get to the animated panel Murata is going to do something that makes Redline look like scribbles

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Posting some murata Psykos

young

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Posting some murata Psykos

young

R.I.P. this nerd

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

She looks like a modern Macross villain.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Help I love Psychos now.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Where the gently caress did the freckles go

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

boredsatellite posted:

Perhaps she uses concealer as an adult

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it was ac ne

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

The vision she saw was so horrifying it destroyed them

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

boredsatellite posted:

I had freckles on my face as a kid/teen but not an adult.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
You thought a new chapter was released?
Too bad.

It's actually 3.

114 : http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=115
115 : http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=116
116 : http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=117

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goddamn the panel where Saitama's just stoically standing in front of a Sonic-sized hole in the ground had me laughing my rear end off

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't wait for these to get translated

even more misadventures of the redunantly-named ninjas from the ninja village of redundant ninja names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heavy Kong and Bone are back!