Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh yeah it hurts like hell that you've got a non-market team, no question of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Don't really know how ratings work, but here are Canadian numbers:

https://twitter.com/hailey_salvian/status/1134545109729628163?s=19

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Stephen is fine when he’s self aware. When he say, acts like heyou don’t want to make an enemy of him it’s very stupid.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

soggybagel posted:

Stephen is fine when he’s self aware. When he say, acts like heyou don’t want to make an enemy of him it’s very stupid.

It's pretty much when he's on First Take, stuff branded as such, or his radio show that he has the gimmick going. He drops it for other stuff, and usually comes across as well informed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Don't really know how ratings work, but here are Canadian numbers:

https://twitter.com/hailey_salvian/status/1134545109729628163?s=19

Wait, could you get the game in Toronto if you don't have cable?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HQonESPN/status/1134565215092314113

Vaudeville, baby.

That look on Dan's face is amazing.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Lockback posted:

Wait, could you get the game in Toronto if you don't have cable?

You could only get the Canadian broadcast team on cable. It wasn’t on any of the Canadian OTA networks but we can get Buffalo’s ABC signal here.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

pseudodragon posted:

You could only get the Canadian broadcast team on cable. It wasn’t on any of the Canadian OTA networks but we can get Buffalo’s ABC signal here.

A savage place.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

https://twitter.com/HQonESPN/status/1134565215092314113

Vaudeville, baby.

That look on Dan's face is amazing.

Bless that old man

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1134904209709551616

quote:

Nolan, analyst Jay Williams, Snapchat “SportsCenter” host Gary Striewski and Mike Korzemba, a YouTube influencer who specializes in basketball-related content, will hold forth on a special Game 2 broadcast available only on the ESPN App. They will be superimposed at the bottom of the screen while the game plays above them. – and free to let loose. Viewers will see various emoji-like symbols pop up during game play – like a ‘fire’ graphic if a shooter has a hot hand – or data nuggets about steals, assists, rebounds and more. ESPN executives see the whole thing as an experiment in the ongoing quest by TV networks to give viewers between 12 and 17 a feed of game action that best suits them.

yeah

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They’re called GIFs, ESPN.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ohhhhhhh man this is going to be a beautiful disaster

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

SteveBuscemi hello fellow teens

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Katie no :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

your loving snapchat host and "a YouTube influencer who specializes in basketball-related content"

jeeeeeesus christ

If anything this feels like either an amazingly easy payday for her and Williams, or just a complete kick to the side for something nobody's going to watch.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

This seems incredibly bad

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
gotta do something to compete with overwatch league

this seems like a good idea to pitch my nba adult simulcast which is just squeaky shoes and no commentary

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going to at least try the teencast.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I mean. On one hand it’s just another option in how to view. On the other. Yikes.

Also this Mike Korzemba is a pure click bait youtube guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLwLp6LXko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9g9InR1UUs

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 1, 2019

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

gotta do something to compete with overwatch league

this seems like a good idea to pitch my nba adult simulcast which is just squeaky shoes and no commentary

This is the best thing about g-league games on the Family Entertainment Network or whatever disney subsidiary cable channel gets punted the games. You just hear the mild announcers and shoes squeaking in an empty gym.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

they must not have gotten enough impressions from the LeBatard & Friends hosted version last year, which was beyond entertaining.

but nah, we're going with YouTubers and Snapchat emojis. gently caress off forever.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'd love a LeBatard + Friends + Katie + Doris Burke.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chris Cote juggling during half time would be ideal for all broadcasts.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
who has used Katie nolan worst

Fox or ESPN

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

who has used Katie nolan worst

Fox or ESPN

ESPN sent her to Anfield, Fox kept her on the sidelines for a year and basically gave her a nervous breakdown from keeping her benched for so long.

So, probably Fox.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

AsInHowe posted:

I'd love a LeBatard + Friends + Katie + Doris Burke.

Only if Amin can get another chance at the Ninja Warrior course

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Troy Queef posted:

Only if Amin can get another chance at the Ninja Warrior course

halftime show

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lebatard and his gang of idiots are really the best thing espn has going so its not surprising at all to me that they are underutilizing all of them. i include katie nolan and mina kimes and bomani and all of them with the other idiots too

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I mean. On one hand it’s just another option in how to view. On the other. Yikes.

Also this Mike Korzemba is a pure click bait youtube guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLwLp6LXko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9g9InR1UUs
In this guy's related videos is "RJ Barrett is a better NBA prospect than Zion Williamson" so he can absolutely gently caress off

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1134888020879040513

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

MLB should absolutely replace Take Me Out to the Ballgame with dogs frolicking on the field for the 7th inning stretch.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Anals of History posted:

MLB should absolutely replace Take Me Out to the Ballgame with dogs frolicking on the field for the 7th inning stretch.

My wife and I used to have season tickets to our local MLS side, and one random summer afternoon at half time the “entertainment” was a guy and his dog doing dog tricks. My wife still talks about how great it was.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Oh my god, Mike Korzemba is the guy who called Lonzo "Steph Curry with a 40 inch vertical"

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Hopkins FBI posted:

Oh my god, Mike Korzemba is the guy who called Lonzo "Steph Curry with a 40 inch vertical"

this is the logical endpoint of Peak NBA discourse, except it needs more use of the word "petty"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Semi-Lazy post?

I keep trying to think of the best and worst broadcast teams in sports.

The best? I keep thinking Nantz/Romo, Michaels/Collinsworth, Harlan/-whomever-, and Doc Emerick.

The worst? Has to be either Breen/Jackson/Van Gundy, NASCAR on Fox (sans Jeff Gordon), Tessitore/McFarland.

Nantz...is weird to put up there now but it really was Simms that was holding him back. I think he's BEST at golf though.

Just was sort of thinking this out loud while attempting to watch the NBA Finals tonight.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I still don't like Nantz for the most part but going froms Simms to Romo really did a lot for him, he at least sounds alive now

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

breen/jackson/van gundy is unique in that they all make each other way worse

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Most of the bad teams are really just bad color guys. Breen is great and Tessitore is pretty good. Harlan is the best in the business but on the NBA he gets saddled with Reggie Miller at the very least.

I always loved Sean McDonough and Spielman but they aren't paired together anymore.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I enjoy Iain Eagle in pretty much everything he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ramadu posted:

I enjoy Iain Eagle in pretty much everything he does

this is a correct opinion