Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Crowetron posted:

If Bruce can't predict that the answer to "where is the Flash while he's fighting me" is always "up in my poo poo, infinity punching me", he's not really the World's Greatest Detective, is he?

I'm surprised the Batman fanboys aren't trying to say that Batman let Barry think he could punch him because Batman is prepared for everything. On the other hand, I want a decade of super heroes dunking on Batman because I'm sick of Batman always wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

I'm surprised the Batman fanboys aren't trying to say that Batman let Barry think he could punch him because Batman is prepared for everything. On the other hand, I want a decade of super heroes dunking on Batman because I'm sick of Batman always wins.

Eh, I'm torn.

Batman gets dunked on a *lot.* "Batman always wins" was a cliche a decade ago and a good chunk of writers have made it their goal to 'disprove' that so Batman gets trivially punked by anyone with superpowers any time the writer wants to 'prove Batman isn't so great."

Is far from the first time The Flash has done it too.

At this point I think more people dunk on Batman regularly than Batman beats via bullshit.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ImpAtom posted:

At this point I think more people dunk on Batman regularly than Batman beats via bullshit.

Another twelve or fifteen years and it'll all be evened out.

(I really, really, really want them to spend a couple of decades making GBS threads on the Joker.)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Someone post the "those races were for charity" panels! :flashfap:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The pop-culture gestalt is not greatly influenced by the books themselves unless they're total breakout hits or become movies. So you might as well write the best story you can and at most crack a side joke or two rather than being like "nuh UH, Aquaman RULES!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The constantly-abrasive untrusting Batgod image is still by far the most pervasive one among comic fandom and online meme factories. It doesn't help that noted whistling buttholes Frank Miller and Frank Cho, among other comic creators, evidently subscribe to that reading of the character as the only canon one.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Please pardon my ignorance, but in what way is Frank Cho a whistling butthole?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I may be wrong, but isn't Frank Cho the guy who draws a bunch of cheesecake art of superheroines in order to "trigger the sjws"?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
thats the weirdest euphemism for jacking off ive heard in a while

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ManiacClown posted:

Please pardon my ignorance, but in what way is Frank Cho a whistling butthole?

He flipped out over the cancellation of that Manera and keeps drawing sexually explicit versions of Gwen Pool and Spider-Gwen to trigger the SJWs.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
Yeah he can get pretty obnoxious about it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man Without Fear #3: So Ben Urich is being hunted by a guy calling himself Foolkiller. Since Urich is his buddy, Daredevil has enlisted the Netflix Defenders to help him guard Urich. Luke and Jessica, stationed outside the door, get knocked out by sleeping gas.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

He flipped out over the cancellation of that Manera and keeps drawing sexually explicit versions of Gwen Pool and Spider-Gwen to trigger the SJWs.

Also there was a kerfuffle at DC for drawing Wonder Woman's butt/panties on a cover.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Is Foolkiller a recurring Daredevil villain I didn't know about? 'Two in the ground, one in the mental ward'

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Is Foolkiller a recurring Daredevil villain I didn't know about? 'Two in the ground, one in the mental ward'

not a DD villain in particular, just a random one. There have been 3, though checking wikipedia, only one's dead. It should be noted that one of them most recently actually got a job as a psychiatrist working for SHIELD after a brief stint working for Deadpool in a miniseries of his very own, but he was indeed in a mental ward and this story takes place in the past. So I guess either someone needs to update a wiki page or Jed Mackay retconned the last one into the dirt.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Going back to that Batman/Flash comic, gently caress Batman in that. Really? He's gonna give him poo poo over letting one of his dudes out of his sight long enough to kill someone? How often has Joker gotten loose and started loving with people outside Batman's jurisdiction?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Glagha posted:

Going back to that Batman/Flash comic, gently caress Batman in that. Really? He's gonna give him poo poo over letting one of his dudes out of his sight long enough to kill someone? How often has Joker gotten loose and started loving with people outside Batman's jurisdiction?

Captain Boomerang is not the Joker by any stretch of the imagination, and Flash is the Flash. The dude is faster than Superman. The math is kind of different.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Cabbit posted:

Captain Boomerang is not the Joker by any stretch of the imagination, and Flash is the Flash. The dude is faster than Superman. The math is kind of different.

There's also the Flash's history of having a semi-cordial relationship with the Rogues, which Batman almost certainly does not approve of at all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There's also the Flash's history of having a semi-cordial relationship with the Rogues, which Batman almost certainly does not approve of at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Glagha posted:

It was also captain boomerang killed Tim Drake’s Dad. He was fucken pissed about that also gently caress identity crisis

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

bobkatt013 posted:

It was also captain boomerang killed Tim Drake’s Dad. He was fucken pissed about that also gently caress identity crisis

The old, retired fat Captain Boomerang IIRC, which just caps off the stupid. gently caress Identity Crisis

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

then flash ran into deathstroke's sword. rip

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

TwoPair posted:

not a DD villain in particular, just a random one. There have been 3, though checking wikipedia, only one's dead. It should be noted that one of them most recently actually got a job as a psychiatrist working for SHIELD after a brief stint working for Deadpool in a miniseries of his very own, but he was indeed in a mental ward and this story takes place in the past. So I guess either someone needs to update a wiki page or Jed Mackay retconned the last one into the dirt.

I see, it is a Lord Buckethead situation

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Daredevil could also just be wrong. Like, what is he, the Handbook to the Marvel Universe? You expect every hero to keep up on the intricacies of which Foolkiller is which, they'll never have time to stop muggings.

(Those panels rule. Really beautiful and fun.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Only thing is, depending on if you read Jessica's speech bubble as her being awake enough to be talking to Danny or not, it can come off pretty :gonk:.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In the foolkiller mini from a year or two ago the original kills one of the copycats and checks himself into a hospital in the finale

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

In the second panel, did Danny just jump off a five story building? Because unless he punched the ground when he landed that should have ended badly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bobkatt013 posted:

It wasn't even that he was mad at Flash. He just didn't know how to comfort Tim in this situation and fell back on "be a vengeful rear end in a top hat."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gavok posted:

It wasn't even that he was mad at Flash. He just didn't know how to comfort Tim in this situation and fell back on "be a vengeful rear end in a top hat."

Another reason I'm pissed about what they did to Tim Drake in New 52. After this Bruce adopted Tim Drake. Dick was only his ward, in the eyes of the law Tim was his son.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Android Blues posted:

Daredevil could also just be wrong. Like, what is he, the Handbook to the Marvel Universe? You expect every hero to keep up on the intricacies of which Foolkiller is which, they'll never have time to stop muggings.

That's probably why Deadpool published all those villain cards.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

SiKboy posted:

In the second panel, did Danny just jump off a five story building? Because unless he punched the ground when he landed that should have ended badly.

Yeah, I was looking at those kung fu slippers and thinking, not a lot of support there. A drop of more than a few feet is gonna sting like a mother

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Iron Fist is part ninja, he can jump from any height he wants.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Azubah posted:

Iron Fist is part ninja, he can jump from any height he wants.

There are no stairs in K'un L'un. You just jump down 3 stories whenever you need to go to the ground floor.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Danny is basically a wizard only his magic spells are kung-fu techniques.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't think you all understand how amazing those slippers are that Iron Fist wears.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Batman Annual #3: Batman just took a knife to the gut.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Alfred continues to be the fuckin' best.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

For every practical definition of the word, Alfred is Bruce's father. And you don't gently caress with his kid.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Alfred continues to be the fuckin' best.

Not sure this tops him giving the mother of all Brooklyn headbutts to Supes but it's close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Proteus Jones posted:

For every practical definition of the word, Alfred is Bruce's father. And you don't gently caress with his kid.

He even put on a god drat Batman mask to indulge his son's weird hobby while saving his rear end, how great is that?