Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

eddie hearn sounds disturbingly like ricky gervais, idk why ive never noticed it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

ruiz owns. wilder owns. fury owns. lmao joshua

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Matchroom USA is cursed

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Ruiz to unify all the belts.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I want Ruiz to unify all the belts.

who could stop him except for the best boxer on planet earth joseph parker?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/gilbertagent0/status/1135025537586475009?s=21

:laffo:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i guess it just confirms that parker would beat joshua in a hypothetical bout

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
he is the first ever mexican heavyweight champion what the fuuuuuuuck

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cart Mountain posted:

ruiz owns. wilder owns. fury owns. lmao joshua

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lid posted:

he is the first ever mexican heavyweight champion what the fuuuuuuuck

yep, and IIRC second-ever Latino heavyweight champ (John Ruiz, a Boricua, was the first)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i missed this i must see this i took one look at the weigh in and just went wow this is the best they can come up with gently caress ducking fury or wilder and everything went amazing

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/iamHectorDiaz/status/1135027591742550017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

amazing

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/subthoughtz/status/1135018059159261184?s=21

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I literally thought this was a joke when I checked my phone

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
At this point in 50-50 on whether or not this is AJ's Corrie Sanders/Lamont Brewster moment and he'll still go on to be an all time great or he was really was another Frank Bruno/Seth Mitchell all this time. I guess we'll just have to wait until the rematch.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

DAZN will spam every media source for more adspace with this kind of moment on their platform

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

balancedbias posted:

DAZN will spam every media source for more adspace with this kind of moment on their platform

Seriously though. This is getting way more buzz than if AJ had just beaten-even violently-Ruiz.

Also in Drake curse news

https://twitter.com/PUSHA_T/status/1135028643548356610

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

crazy to think that this could've been jarrell miller's moment had he not taken 3 different kinds of steroids.

seems like a bad decision to take those now but at the time, who amongst us would not have taken the steroid that they wouldn't even give to rats in the end because it was giving them cancer of the everything? hindsight truly is 20/20 i guess.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean anybody who’s seen Ruiz fight know he’s more dangerous than the bus driver he appears to be but he’s supposed to be like “surprisingly competitive” not “unified heavyweight champion”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Not a good night for Vegas.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Not a good night for Vegas.

Probably saved by the fact that there probably wasn't all that much action relative to something like Game 2 of the NBA Finals tomorrow night

https://twitter.com/BFawkesESPN/status/1135036619508068352

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Anyone calling for an upset tonight? I don't know much about the guy Devon Alexander is fighting so maybe that one?

Welp lol. I didn't even bother watching.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByMYKbfhvJx/

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

not sure wilder should be talking about gifts when his draw against fury pretty much came with a bow on it. also, joshua’s win over wlad is still better than any of wilder’s wins- the best still being a 60 year old ortiz.

speaking of upsets and gifts though, i thought katie taylor was lucky to get the decision too tonight. looked really laboured.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Are you guys ready for Ortiz and Shwarz to pull their upsets off too?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Holy crap I didn't even watch this.

This is amazing and my insistence that Wilder is the best trolling my fellow Brits just got real!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So in terms of his career say Anthony Joshua loses the immediate rematch I imagine he's contractually obligated is he done? Like this guy was selling out Wembley Stadium and poo poo and just got absolutely destroyed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I always saw AJ had a bit of a chin problem but not a knocked out by Homer Simpson level problem. He's lost the wind out of his sails a little...

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 2, 2019

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Ugh, now I want to see Fury fight Ruiz.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao wow

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

at least the last Great British Hype to make his US debut at MSG, Prince Naseem Hamed, actually won his fight despite getting knocked down 3 times and being behind on two of the scorecards when he stopped Kevin Kelley.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy hell I did not see that coming

gutted for Joshua, but also happy for Ruiz, his press conference where he talked about how his family won't have to struggle any more was :3:

however now I have to accept that Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and I am very unhappy about that fact

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pretty tight between Fury and Wilder. Fury arguably won the first encounter, but Wilder’s atomic bomb of a straight right ends anybody in the division and he always seems like he can land it. I’d definitely favour Wilder over Joshua now, but I’m not entirely sure Fury can or will put enough mustard on his punches to keep AJ off of him.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I can't stand Fury either as a fighter or a person but I think he won the first Wilder fight and I don't see him getting tagged again with that right in the second. I'd even have him as favourite against Joshua because even though Ruiz and Fury are nothing like each other as fighters I'm not convinced that Joshua can come back with the same mentality after being taken apart by a guy everyone thought was a no-hoper.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah the mentality thing will be interesting to see play out. You can never become undefeated again. Some guys can buckle down after a loss and come back stronger. It remains to be seen I guess, but this will be a difficult mountain for Joshua to climb.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1000 to win 12000.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Well that was loving crazy. Reminiscent of Wladimir Klitschko vs Lamon Brewster 1 to me, in that it appeared that Joshua just ran out of gas, and/or wasn’t right from the first time that Ruiz hurt him in the third round. I’d still be surprised if Joshua can’t win a rematch if he applied a Lennox Lewis/Manny-Wlad conservative style, but his undefeated aura has been forever shattered, and with it, the potential 9 figure fight with Deontay Wilder is also dead. That fight may still happen, but it won’t be the same as it could have been, from a legacy and a financial perspective.

And big respect to Andy Ruiz. He may lose the rematch or he may win it, but he’s absolutely a legit top 5 heavyweight; much more than fellow historic upset guys like Buster Douglas or Hasim Rahman were in their day. The guy can plain fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Settling down to watch the fight now, you've all gotten me pumped.