Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao here we go!

Sure why not lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, I'm sure Kojima will make this a secret MGS game when he's been trying to get away from Metal Gear since 3.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao here we go!

Well I’m convinced.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

1stGear posted:

Yeah, I'm sure Kojima will make this a secret MGS game when he's been trying to get away from Metal Gear since 3.

I wouldn't be that surprised if it turns out it's Silent Hills without the name. I know it's definitely been a long time conspiracy theory but it wouldn't be surprising.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

1stGear posted:

People like saying this but Kojima wanted to quit MGS the way a drunk wants to quit booze.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lol if you think V will be the last Metal Gear game Kojima works on in his life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cowman posted:

I wouldn't be that surprised if it turns out it's Silent Hills without the name. I know it's definitely been a long time conspiracy theory but it wouldn't be surprising.

Uhhhh....Have you seen the trailers sir? How on earth would this pan out to be Silent Hills?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s not Silent Hills but I wouldn’t be shocked if they put a lot of planned elements from it in this game.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 2, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it does seem to have some horror elements so there might be some concepts used from it. I hope the horrorish stuff in it is good because I'd be stoked about that.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

veni veni veni posted:

Uhhhh....Have you seen the trailers sir? How on earth would this pan out to be Silent Hills?

How could MGS2 be about someone other than solid snake?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

It will 100% have some horror elements. Look how goddamn spooky Mads and the BTs are.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SeANMcBAY posted:

lol if you think V will be the last Metal Gear game Kojima works on in his life.

Except it is? Konami owns the property, and Kojima had a famously acrimonious split with them. The chance of Konami re-employing Kojima, a man with his own development studio now, is virtually nil.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I can't wait for MGS to do a million wacky spinoffs like Persona 4.

We're finally going to get that Metal Gear skateboarding game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Except it is? Konami owns the property, and Kojima had a famously acrimonious split with them. The chance of Konami re-employing Kojima, a man with his own development studio now, is virtually nil.

I see a lot of different situations where all these things are overcame. Money talks.

It don’t think it’ll be in the near future though of course.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spite posted:

We are talking a contemporary horror game vs an outlandish batshit crazy sci fi world that resembles Silent hill in no capacity whatsoever. To say it's a pretty big stretch is an understatement.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I see a lot of different situations where all these things are overcame. Money talks.

It don’t think it’ll be in the near future though of course.

Money talks is exactly why Kojima is never gonna make another MGS. He doesn't need a franchise to sell games anymore, his name is the franchise now. He can make whatever's in his head and slap his name on it, instead of trying to make his various ideas fit into an increasingly strained canon.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Oh yeah Kojima's definitely gonna go work with the company that locked him in his office and prevented him from verbally communicating with his team for the final months of development then sacked him, removed his name from marketing materials, then shat out a garbage survival game spinoff as the final cherry on top.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The dual world thing is very silent hill

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyone know if the uk collectors edition, namely this one: https://www.shopto.net/en/ps4de97-death-stranding-special-edition-p113260/ comes with a physical soundtrack? or is it digital only? i cant tell, i've seen places where it says it comes with timefall ost and digital download... because if its just loving digital i refuse to pay an extra 20 quid just for a steelbook. i dont care if its got mgsv chapter 3 in it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Steve Yun posted:

the same way Ratatouille was a giant middle finger from Pixar to Disney when they were falling out

In what way? (I haven't seen Ratatouille since it came out)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ratatouille is about a famous beloved chef who passed away (Gusteau/Walt Disney). The guy who was in charge afterwards (Skinner/Michael Eisner) just cared about making money and drove the quality down. A new chef comes along (Remy/Pixar) who nobody would take seriously but shows their creative spark off when given a chance. Remy/Pixar gets kicked out in the end but finds success as an independent.

Pixar was upset at Disney because they kinda got screwed over in their contract, and Ratatouille would be their last movie. Negotiations with then-CEO Eisner weren’t going well and they assumed Pixar would have to go independent.

Of course, Bob Iger replaced Eisner as Disney CEO and he immediately repaired their relationship with Pixar, so it’s awkward that Ratatouille is forever set in stone as a monument to the rift between Pixar and Disney

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Spite posted:

I understand what you're saying here but I have to point out that MGS2 is 100% about Solid Snake

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are you predicting a Kojima descendant working on a public domain remake of Metal Gear in 2057? Because that's the most likely way a Kojima will get to touch MG again.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

1stGear posted:

He's been playing the really really long con.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Ratatouille is about a famous beloved chef who passed away (Gusteau/Walt Disney). The guy who was in charge afterwards (Skinner/Michael Eisner) just cared about making money and drove the quality down. A new chef comes along (Remy/Pixar) who nobody would take seriously but shows their creative spark off when given a chance. Remy/Pixar gets kicked out in the end but finds success as an independent.

Pixar was upset at Disney because they kinda got screwed over in their contract, and Ratatouille would be their last movie. Negotiations with then-CEO Eisner weren’t going well and they assumed Pixar would have to go independent.

Of course, Bob Iger replaced Eisner as Disney CEO and he immediately repaired their relationship with Pixar, so it’s awkward that Ratatouille is forever set in stone as a monument to the rift between Pixar and Disney

And I thought the death stranding theories were wild

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
looking forward to getting a fetus buddy of my own

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The fetus is removable

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1133985911828492293

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

The fetus is removable

*Except in Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Party Boat posted:

I understand what you're saying here but I have to point out that MGS2 is 100% about Solid Snake

Lol

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is it typical to know this little about how a game plays or the basic mechanics function with a bit over 5 months to release?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
One of the best parts about DS hype is Kojima blaring "IT'S AN ACTION GAME PLAIN AND SIMPLE, AKA SOCIAL STRAND SYSTEM" whenever someone tries to clarify what the hell it is

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

veni veni veni posted:

I just said I wouldn't be that surprised not that I think it actually is true. I could definitely see Kojima using ideas from his original plan or something like that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I do hope and expect some of the ideas from SH make their way in.

Now I'm wondering what Silent Hills would have played like.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Oh yeah Kojima's definitely gonna go work with the company that locked him in his office and prevented him from verbally communicating with his team for the final months of development then sacked him, removed his name from marketing materials, then shat out a garbage survival game spinoff as the final cherry on top.

Survive was fun and they didn't make it because they were mad at the guy who created the series

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

puve posted:

Survive was fun and they didn't make it because they were mad at the guy who created the series

Konami made Survive because it was super cheap since it was basically a MGSV mod, and if it had been successful it would have proven that they don't need Kojima to make money off the Metal Gear franchise.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They reused the engine and a bunch of assets from 5 but calling it a mod is way oversimplifying it. And if anything the Metal Gear name worked against it because of fanboy backlash

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
More like a Far Cry non-numbered sequel then?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not quite because while I wouldn't call those just mods either, they don't deviate from their sources as much. The focus in Survive was really on the coop whereas MGS5 was almost 100% single player. If you liked the coop in Peace Walker and you don't mind grind then it's worth checking out. The main campaign is fun too. I will probably replay it before Death Stranding comes out

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/ismailalaoui923/status/1135369455524110337?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

Is it typical to know this little about how a game plays or the basic mechanics function with a bit over 5 months to release?

buddy, some people didn't even know about Raiden in MGS2 until the first time they played it, this is nothing new in the Kojima handbook. Normally I'd complain but, because of who is making this and how loving bizarre it looks, I'm actually looking forward to going in with as little info as possible.