Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress scum for killing nep nep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I was hoping that in the time I was gone this game would have been more... productive

The Ninth Layer posted:

This whole game has been joke phase. And I didn't know deadline was in three hours.

hey lets backtrack a second here:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Are we still in jokephase?

Also can someone provide me with a list of what everyone is so that I can more efficiently joke during the jokephase, provided one is still occurring?

you're leaning real hard on Hey Is This Jokephase? Are We Playing Mafia Yet? No Okay I Will Come Back Later posts

out of all the posters so far I think you're one of the least engaged and one of the most defensive and I declare jokephase to be OVER with the following statement:

##vote TNL

Jokephase is over, guys! From here on out we play Mafia, for keeps, and you know I'm serious because this sentence has punctuation and poo poo in it. Game on, dweeblords!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

The Ninth Layer (2): George Kansas, George Kansas, Anomalous Amalgam, Epsilon Plus
Anomalous Amalgam (2): George Kansas, George Kansas, George Kansas, GulagDolls

Not Voting (4): Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, kaschei, The Ninth Layer

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 03rd, 2019 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks Epsilon!

I am not seeing the case at all on AA, people are like "read his posts" and I am like yeah I read them and I don't understand why they are scummy please make a better case or I will think you are scum trying to pick on town drunk AA

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thanks Epsilon!

I am not seeing the case at all on AA, people are like "read his posts" and I am like yeah I read them and I don't understand why they are scummy please make a better case or I will think you are scum trying to pick on town drunk AA

hm this is a weird post

also is anyone saying look at them other than me, who are these "people"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

George Kansas posted:

hm this is a weird post

also is anyone saying look at them other than me, who are these "people"

Gulag voted aa for nothing too but I guess you are just such a vocal posters I thought you were multiple people

so yeah like what is it you see

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lmao, like I read OPs.

This construct of flesh over here acting like a squish-squam-meatbag. Typical.

I could see a tnl vote with the vote on hal. Hals confusion is easily verifiable, and before they even mentioned it, I thought that is what happened.

I'll do this.

##vote tnl

fufufu...

these posts mostly

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

George Kansas posted:

these posts mostly

tbh I think that's just AA's posting

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

to clarify since I think that sounds kinda lovely in retrospect: in the last few games I've played with AA, their posting is really punchy and maybe even a little overbearingly goofy; AA's posting in this game doesn't give me a scummy feel

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what do you think scum AA would look like

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

a witch??!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

Glorious. I've been away from the throne far too long. RNG is dog poo poo these days.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

I was hoping that in the time I was gone this game would have been more... productive

hey lets backtrack a second here:

you're leaning real hard on Hey Is This Jokephase? Are We Playing Mafia Yet? No Okay I Will Come Back Later posts

out of all the posters so far I think you're one of the least engaged and one of the most defensive and I declare jokephase to be OVER with the following statement:

##vote TNL

Jokephase is over, guys! From here on out we play Mafia, for keeps, and you know I'm serious because this sentence has punctuation and poo poo in it. Game on, dweeblords!

This is your first serious post and it barely qualifies as one. So I'm not even wrong about the game having been jokephase all of day one.

Instead of engaging with the case being made on me you're just piling on me for uhh defending myself I guess. This vote has nothing to do with alignment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Ninth Layer posted:

This vote has nothing to do with alignment.

???

This is a weird statement. The whole point of mafia is to find scum so every vote (outside of jokephase) is about alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Thinking day 1 was mostly joke phase is not an alignment tell.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

I feel like he'd have scumbros that would reel him in and-or direct him a little more constructively

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Pfft coaching and reeling... as if I'd listen to such tomfoolery.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

Thinking day 1 was mostly joke phase is not an alignment tell.

day 1 in the gross majority of games is jokephase, outside of something like N0 actions or a D1 vig giving the town some info. this is nothing new to most people. why is this such a sticking point?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Instead of engaging with the case being made on me you're just piling on me for uhh defending myself I guess. This vote has nothing to do with alignment.

I'm not engaging with the case being made on you because I don't really consider AA's vote on you being a case. I'm making my own case based on your behavior and the assumptions I can make from it - namely that I'm assuming you're scum based on your tone and engagement with the game so far, and then voting you because of it. You're whining about jokephase and complaining about my rationale for voting you instead of going out and building a case.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

day 1 in the gross majority of games is jokephase, outside of something like N0 actions or a D1 vig giving the town some info. this is nothing new to most people. why is this such a sticking point?.

Ask the people voting me, including yourself.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My vote was as legitimate a case as cases get on d1.

That was a suspicious vote on hal for non reasons during deadline.

TNL states that the vote was a joke, but again it was at deadline.

It was a curious action, I called it out. There was no goofing in it other than exterior packaging.

The message and intent was obviously clear.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ask the people voting me, including yourself.

I'm going to assume you're being obtuse: why are you the one to keep bring up Jokephase, Guys, It's All Jokephase

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

No, I've been straightforward with my thought process. Hal scum claimed, I voted him for it. That's about the extent of my thought process.

Joke phase discussion is relevant when people are accusing me of misrepresenting Hal's claim as if I didn't know he was joking. Of course I knew he was joking, he still scum claimed though which in my book is always vote worthy.

If you're going to give Hal credit for joking then maybe give my same vote the same treatment. If you want to accuse me of joking too late in the day or whatever instead then do that. Calling me obsessed over jokephase while simultaneously ignoring the content of the case I'm responding to just sucks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Ninth Layer posted:

If you want to accuse me of joking too late in the day or whatever instead then do that.

But that's what's happening

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I know.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So you want people to stop doing the thing they're doing and instead do the thing they're doing?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What?

I basically want people to stop casing me over nothing, or else bring a reason to me that is actually an alignment tell.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Ninth Layer posted:

What?

I basically want people to stop casing me over nothing, or else bring a reason to me that is actually an alignment tell.

you're being cased because you put down an admitted joke vote with three hours until deadline

Then you complained that the votes were disingenuous and asked people to case you on things like:

The Ninth Layer posted:

If you want to accuse me of joking too late in the day or whatever instead then do that.

Which is what they're doing. And when I pointed out that's what they're doing you said that you knew.

So you want people to case you on the thing they're casing you on, but you also want them to stop casing you on it?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Do this then, what's the better opinion to take here? If you're not scum, who is and why?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't know. Nobody today has talked about anyone but me or you. I think you are earnest in your reason for voting me or at least you're not playing it like I've seen you play scum in the past. Epsillon Plus seems scummy to me for the way he's poling on to me when there's already a lot of focus my way, but I'm admittedly biased in this matter. Then there's a few players like kaschei and IP who seem to be testing me possibly to set up a vote. There's honestly not much else to talk about, except that maybe some of the voters on yesterday's wagon were scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think GK has the worst vote.

##vote gk

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##vote gk

and it just so happens to be on you

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
But study the vote

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't know. Nobody today has talked about anyone but me or you. I think you are earnest in your reason for voting me or at least you're not playing it like I've seen you play scum in the past. Epsillon Plus seems scummy to me for the way he's poling on to me when there's already a lot of focus my way, but I'm admittedly biased in this matter. Then there's a few players like kaschei and IP who seem to be testing me possibly to set up a vote. There's honestly not much else to talk about, except that maybe some of the voters on yesterday's wagon were scum.

Fwiw I don’t think you’re scum but did want you to respond to a strong version of the accusation

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote ip PREDATORY

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rude

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

#JUSTASKINGQUESTIONS #PIGGYBACKING #ABUSINGAPSYCHOPATH

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GulagDolls posted:

#ABUSINGAPSYCHOPATH

please don't self-harm

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

“AP Psychopath” was my nickname in high school

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Can you explain this vote? I voted for Hal because he scum claimed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

My vote was as serious as his scum claim is.

on a reread, I don't like going from "I voted Hal because he scumclaimed" to "oh it was just a joke, it wasn't serious folks" when there was zero indication it was a joke until after the fact

i'll ##vote tnl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote gk

because it was on you? lol