Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who goes #3 overall
Bowen Byram (D)
Vasili Podkolzin (RW)
A WHL Center (C)
A USNTDP Player (C/W)
Other
View Results

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
can Jack Hughes do a pullup?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/key-quotes-dan-mackinnon-on-hughes-and-kakko/c-307604164?tid=277567796

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody give it to me straight what are the odds Bryam gets to 6.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

VJeff posted:

Somebody give it to me straight what are the odds Bryam gets to 6.

Most mock drafts have Byram going between 3rd and 5th, but Chris Peters at ESPN has him all the way down at 10th. Once you get past the sure picks at #1 and #2, there's no telling where anyone else will end up.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i think 5 is his floor but i don't think it's out of the question for him to slip. i have him with turcotte but online perception =/= nhl perception.

sweet child

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 31, 2019

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if Caulfield slips at all i hope the Rangers package the 20th and whatever to pick him. or make another stepan-like trade with Kreider. i think he's gonna be real good

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Most mock drafts have Byram going between 3rd and 5th, but Chris Peters at ESPN has him all the way down at 10th.

Please God, if Byram inexplicably slipped to the Canucks...I would lay a happiness egg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Bryan gets past 5th I have a hard time seeing him make it past 6th, the Wings need D baaaad.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The question is really whether or not Stan Bowman thinks Boqvist, Beaudin, and Jokiharju are going to pan out and be enough to replace the corpses of Keith and Seabrook. I'd love to have Byram in there too, but it wouldn't surprise me if they take one of the many centers piled at the top of the rankings.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs could use another defenseman and they could also use a forward to be a second line threat, so I'll be happy with whoever they grab with the 4th or 16th pick. Hell, they can even likely trade down with the 16th overall to get Spencer Knight if they want to grab a goalie.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

T-Bone posted:

can Jack Hughes do a pullup?!

I dunno about Hughes, but Caufield can do 16 of em. Which was the most out of anybody at the combine. He's jacked. https://link.nhl.com/centralscouting/public/

Spencer Knight has mad jumping skills apparently, but hes also a goalie so I think that's a waste

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I dunno about Hughes, but Caufield can do 16 of em. Which was the most out of anybody at the combine. He's jacked. https://link.nhl.com/centralscouting/public/

Spencer Knight has mad jumping skills apparently, but hes also a goalie so I think that's a waste

I actually wouldn't mind if Calgary drafted Knight. There probably won't be much great value at 26th.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Craig Button put out his Bug Board https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-caufield-scores-his-way-into-top-5-1.1316942

Hughes
Kakko
Byram
Caufield (!)
Boldy
Zegras
Broberg
Krebs
Podkolzin
Turcotte

is the top 10.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Craig Button put out his Bug Board https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-caufield-scores-his-way-into-top-5-1.1316942

Hughes
Kakko
Byram
Caufield (!)
Boldy
Zegras
Broberg
Krebs
Podkolzin
Turcotte

is the top 10.

gently caress come on Turcotte drop to 15

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Peyton Krebs partially tore his achilles during offseason training. Have to think that impacts his draft position.

That loving blows

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I doubt he'll drop much just because of that. Galchenyuk and Rielly missed nearly all of their draft years and were still taken top 5 (albeit in probably the worst draft of the last 10 years), and Nolan Patrick still went #2 despite his pre-draft injuries. Krebs was unlikely to make the NHL right away anyways.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I remember 2012 being the “why the gently caress is Filip Forsberg still on the board” draft, and yep even 7 years later a lot of teams look dumb for passing or trading him for Martin Erat

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
trade kreider and the 20th for Caulfield

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
krebs will still go in the lottery

in other news i reviewed previous devils draft history and boy they'd be a much better team if they literally never listened to their ontario-based scouts

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

The Dirty Burger posted:

I remember 2012 being the “why the gently caress is Filip Forsberg still on the board” draft, and yep even 7 years later a lot of teams look dumb for passing or trading him for Martin Erat

Weren't we saying the same thing about Grigorenko?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

stab posted:

gently caress come on Turcotte drop to 15

Most experts are saying Turcotte will be taken by the Blackhawks at 3. He grew up in the Chicago suburbs idolizing Toews and playing a similar style of game, and despite missing 22 games in the USDP due to injury, he still racked up 62 points in only 37 games. Even though the Blackhawks need defense more than anything right now, they've spent their last three first-round picks on D-men (Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin) so they might not be looking for another defenseman so early this year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/iyer_prashanth/status/1138822547024166913

Hughes is very, very good; Kaliyev and Brink are going to go way too low.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
bobby brink is immensely talented but his real-world smurf stature will knock him down

https://twitter.com/MarkEdwardsHP/status/1134890120233009152

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He's got those MSL legs, he'll be fine.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Kakko led a pro league in goals while Kaliyev was behind three 20-year-olds in the OHL and Hughes is projected to be nearly as good of a shooter? Yeah okay. Never mind Caufield's projection.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 14, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The draft is next week, yowza

Hughes and Kakko are the top 2. Twitter rumors have the Blackhawks circling around Turcotte, so he's most likely going 3rd. A Bowen-Makar pairing for the next X years would be amazing for Colorado, but they need secondary scoring bad. Ultimately, there are just so many forwards that could plausibly go at 4 the Avs will fall in love with one of them. If Bowen falls to 5, I have the Kings taking Bowen as they need any sort of young talent. I think he's BPA as well.

Kaliyev is who I want the Flyers to grab at 11, he just has too much talent to pass on, despite his playstyle. But I think the Flyers are gonna pick Broberg or another similar Defense prospect, that's the safe option for them

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I want the Habs to also take Kaliyev, but I think Julien would perceive him to be invisible in the defensive zone and try to square peg him into a two way style.

Cam York would also be cool.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Twin Cinema posted:

Weren't we saying the same thing about Grigorenko?

People were saying the same thing about Cam Fowler too, and 9 years later I think most people would take him over at least 5 of the guys drafted ahead of him.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://www.tsn.ca/hughes-edges-kakko-in-tsn-s-final-draft-rankings-1.1323883 bob posted the scout consensus rankings on tsn, byram over turcotte and podkolzin still in the top 10. Knight at 12 would be pretty incredible.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Very likely the Rangers are trying to trade Kreider for another 1st...perhaps some teams around 10-15 that decide they need some help now rather than later. Close to the draft though it's hard to tell who is willing to move picks because everyone gets all hyped for the potential of 18 year old players versus reality of established NHL players.

There have been rumors that the Rangers really like a few guys that were going to be around where they were originally slated to pick and they may go all in to move up and draft one if there's a chance. May be a quality over quantity draft for them if they can come away with Kakko and someone like Zegras or Krebs falls a bit. They've probably also seen a fair bit of Newhook as he played on the same team as Riley Hughes, a late round pick for the Rangers last year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stiev Awt posted:

I want the Habs to also take Kaliyev, but I think Julien would perceive him to be invisible in the defensive zone and try to square peg him into a two way style.

Cam York would also be cool.

Looking at the draft board, every person I'm intrigued by would have to drop for my Calgary to get them. Knight, Kaliyev, York...

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hey it's draft day today! Mr. Benning and Mr. Aquillini, I know it's in Vancouver this year but I beg of you:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Please pick Turcotte or Byram, Hawks.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

No first rounder but I have faith in Dubas to add some talent to the farm system

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
draft the cole caulfield holland

do it!!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I think the Canucks are trying to trade up to get Zegras. I’m not opposed but what would we even give up

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

fits posted:

draft the cole caulfield holland

do it!!

lmao your gm is Ken Holland now

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
happy hughes day

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
and a happy kakko day to you sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

happy hughes day