Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chairchucker posted:

He'll probably go to the Celtics to replace Kyrie when Kyrie goes to the Knicks and I'll be a bit disappointed but less than if he'd gone to the Bulls.

rubio’s, like, the worst possible replacement imaginable for kyrie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

rubio’s going to either the lakers or the knicks as a splashy backup signing

I was about to post that Rubio and Zing would be a pretty formidable pairing but then I remembered lol Knicks.

Declan MacManus posted:

If you're trying to replace Kyrie he's a bad choice but as a fit for the Celtics he isn't bad. Big step down for sure but for the MLE or something they could do worse.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

Rubio has a proven track record of being a good locker room guy when you have a young star who won't stop taking contested midrange shots all game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Boston needs a cult deprogrammer to take the subliminal mamba imagery out of Jayson Taytum's head. Andre Igoudala is a Christian man...

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
There's no way that Gerson brings Ricky back but I really hope he does :unsmith:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ChickenMedium posted:

If I was a famous NBA player, I would do tweets like this all the time just to gently caress with people.

This is what it was for Blake btw, trolling!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chairchucker posted:

He'll probably go to the Celtics to replace Kyrie when Kyrie goes to the Knicks and I'll be a bit disappointed but less than if he'd gone to the Bulls.

I was just thinking this. :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/E_Woodyard/status/1135586719468679168?s=19

He's been extremely good defensively when he's played, but I imagine he can make a lot more in Europe and would immediately be one of the better players over there again. Tough time to be a backup center if you want to play in the NBA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He definitely won me a week in fantasy last year.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The other week I was wondering what happened to Terrance Jones; he could have been a great small ball 5 in today's game.
https://twitter.com/dailynbascoop/status/1135646340493398016?s=19

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Everything about this is great, especially since it was apparently televised by ESPN 5

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

morestuff posted:

Everything about this is great, especially since it was apparently televised by ESPN 5

The Cinco*

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one more nut punch and they will awaken Ivan Johnson

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

R.D. Mangles posted:

one more nut punch and they will awaken Ivan Johnson

And a Chris Paul nod
With a Julius Hodge dodge

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I saw a SBNation article about the Blazers trading Meyers Leonard and Mo Harkless plus a late first for Kevin Love. It seems pretty pie in the sky but think that the Cavs would give up Love just for expiring contracts?

Quizzlefish fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 4, 2019

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Quizzlefish posted:

I saw a SBNation article about the Blazers trading Meyers Leonard and Mo Harkless plus a late first for Kevin Love. It seems pretty pie in the sky but think that the Cavs would give up Love just for expiring contracts?

Is Love at salary dump level?

That was initially going to be a sarcastic question, but after looking at his numbers this season, now it's a legit question.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The B_36 posted:

Is Love at salary dump level?

That was initially going to be a sarcastic question, but after looking at his numbers this season, now it's a legit question.

He was hurt and played like 20 games. I doubt he's washed already.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Lockback posted:

He was hurt and played like 20 games. I doubt he's washed already.

I think he's got plenty left but do the Cavs need it / are they willing to pay for it? I think he hardly moves the needle for them but could be a massive asset in the right place. The question is whether they think cap space and some bad picks can help them at all either? Not sure the youngsters in Portland are worth anything. Maybe Zach Collins as a throw in?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Love is still good when he plays but he never plays and if you're the Cavs you probably just want the salary off the books, ideally for picks if you can get them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

it’d be a good move for the blazers just for depth

he also fits into their offense nicely as a dude who can crash the boards and hit threes even if he’s not the guy he used to be

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

MourningView posted:

Love is still good when he plays but he never plays and if you're the Cavs you probably just want the salary off the books, ideally for picks if you can get them

Blazers would be a lock for first round home court with him even if they rested him loads. It could work right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Quizzlefish posted:

I think he's got plenty left but do the Cavs need it / are they willing to pay for it? I think he hardly moves the needle for them but could be a massive asset in the right place. The question is whether they think cap space and some bad picks can help them at all either? Not sure the youngsters in Portland are worth anything. Maybe Zach Collins as a throw in?

Oh yeah sure, by "Salary Dump" I thought you meant take whatever you can get/take on other bad contracts/etc. Yeah Love is still good but I'm not sure you're going to get a huge haul for him or anything. I think you might be able to get more than some dead weight and a late first but its probably not that far off.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

A Love for Batum + 12 swap would probably work on paper but the Hornets would be making things even harder on themselves capwise

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Love is under contract until like 2023, right? Might be worth taking on some big short term deals to get that off the books, especially if you can pick up an extra pick or two in the process, even if it's a late first. They're probably punting the next couple years anyway.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

Blazers would be a lock for first round home court with him even if they rested him loads. It could work right?

you’re assuming the lakers and clippers strike out in free agency (very possible) and that okc treads water in the regular season without making any moves (less likely)

and also that the jazz don’t get any better i guess

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

AD for Kevin Love trade incoming, thanks Griff

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

you’re assuming the lakers and clippers strike out in free agency (very possible) and that okc treads water in the regular season without making any moves (less likely)

and also that the jazz don’t get any better i guess

Nurkic/Love/Aminu/McCollum/Lillard is crazy good. They’d have some questions on the bench at that point but if that goes into the playoffs healthy no one is sweeping them. Rockets have likely peaked, Jazz have some big question marks in terms of what that roster will be next year, OKC and SAS have limited flexibility. Any of those teams could make a move, but if he plays 60+ games Love is probably the best piece any of them could realistically pick up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Kyrie post reads like had a mental break

I know Lebron plays his best when he has a PG who can shoot, but is Kemba the type of guard who needs the ball in his hands at all times?

(I don't necessarily think he signs at home, despite his statement)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I know Lebron plays his best when he has a PG who can shoot, but is Kemba the type of guard who needs the ball in his hands at all times?

He's almost always played that way, but mostly out of necessity. He's a really good catch-and-shoot guy (40+% from three most years, 46.4% in 16-17), stays engaged when he doesn't have the ball, and he's just a great and smart teammate that I don't think would have any trouble adjusting to playing with a guy like LeBron.

He's a willing passer but not a great one, and can get tunnel vision especially in late-game situations. Again, though, he's never actually had a No. 2 he could actually trust to hit those shots.

I think L.A. is genuinely the best fit for him out there, he can basically give you 95% of what Kyrie did in Cleveland and desperately wants to win more than anything else

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Less than Dwyane Wade did. Kemba would fit great next to Lebron.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Nurkic/Love/Aminu/McCollum/Lillard is crazy good. They’d have some questions on the bench at that point but if that goes into the playoffs healthy no one is sweeping them. Rockets have likely peaked, Jazz have some big question marks in terms of what that roster will be next year, OKC and SAS have limited flexibility. Any of those teams could make a move, but if he plays 60+ games Love is probably the best piece any of them could realistically pick up.

it’s a good lineup if everyone stays healthy but i guess that’s the big caveat with any move

nurkic also has problems staying healthy (even aside from that freak leg break he’s had two knee surgeries and he’s only 24)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"Is he better than Rondo?" is the question with regards to the Lakers signing someone.

I think in a perfect world the Lakers would use this money to plug all the shooting holes in their roster, along with maybe a defensive big man but I don't think they're going to play it like that.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1135954374050635776?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
For what it's worth apparently a Pelicans beat writer last week on LA talk radio said he thinks it's done already but I couldn't find the audio to link it or actually believe it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

"Is he better than Rondo?" is the question with regards to the Lakers signing someone.

I think in a perfect world the Lakers would use this money to plug all the shooting holes in their roster, along with maybe a defensive big man but I don't think they're going to play it like that.

I feel like if Kyrie or Kemba isn't an option they should let Rondo walk and sign Beverly and Butler to improve their D.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My ideal, that people are going to laugh at but I'm fine admitting it, is the Lopez Brothers and Joe Harris and Seth Curry.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I feel like if Kyrie or Kemba isn't an option they should let Rondo walk and sign Beverly and Butler to improve their D.

I have bad news about "Signing Butler and improving your defense"

Rick posted:

My ideal, that people are going to laugh at but I'm fine admitting it, is the Lopez Brothers and Joe Harris and Seth Curry.

Lakers exceptionalism.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/C2_Cooper/status/1135958645898960898

My offseason hope has begun today. The Pacers included in rumors.

They'll never land anyone, but to be included is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rick posted:

that would patch up basically every lakers hole and allows them flexibility to either trade for another star or let their young talent play alongside lebron for a few seasons if la doesn’t like anything coming down the pipe

i don’t think it’s silly at all