Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is my iPhone 6 boned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
yes

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

swiftui looks like it's actually decent

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the display looks pretty fuckin sweet imo but im gonna wait for a microled one

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

akadajet posted:

swiftui looks like it's actually decent

give 'em a few years to realize they need separate designer files. once they've caught up to vs2005 it'll be p deece

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
cute gimmick

the NeXT tools have been doing separation of design and implementation for over 30 years

Swift UI doesn’t break that paradigm either, it just lets you use code for the design

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

all those lovely "you must sign in to even look at the site" sites like massdrop and touchofmodern are probably boned

good

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
okay, that cheese grater is way better than I expected. except for the lack of hard drive slots, which is absurd

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

timb release the ipadtrackboard case

im not joking interested in seeing if some of those generic combo cases for tablets would work if nobody makes one

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
now that I know why it is I can safely buy a new iMac and build a gaming pc

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

The Management posted:

okay, that cheese grater is way better than I expected. except for the lack of hard drive slots, which is absurd

it wouldn’t surprise me if when it comes out you can get 2.5 and 3.5in internal disk mounts from Apple or a third party, it has internal SATA

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

why does it suck? it seems great. not sure your angle, or do you work for the google privacy invasion dept?

qirex posted:

all those lovely "you must sign in to even look at the site" sites like massdrop and touchofmodern are probably boned

and pinterest!!!!!11!!!!!1

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lmfao at the grandstand and lol at the wheels. wanna ride a cheese grater all around an apple store

the files app stuff sounds sweet but i'm sure will still be annoyingly hamstrung by various limitations. im curious to see exactly how USB drive access will work, apple has kept the filesystem so abstracted away and heavily sandboxed i wonder if it will be some sort of lame read-only access.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

$6000 lmfao jfc

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Beamed posted:

$6000 lmfao jfc

that 6k nets you a 580x and a 256gb ssd :smugmrgw:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

a whole 256gb ssd. this is a serious machine intended for serious use.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what xeon is it specifically?

bc earlier this year i specced out a system for our VR lab that has an i9-9900, 2080Ti, 32gb of ram, 1tb SSD and it still came in under $2500 and i'm wondering how much faster it is than the $6000 mac pro

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i'm the apple store salesdrone upselling the six-figgie 50 y.o. on a 2 tb spinny drive for his new mac pro so that he'll have room for all of his vacation photos

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

eschaton posted:

cute gimmick

the NeXT tools have been doing separation of design and implementation for over 30 years

Swift UI doesn’t break that paradigm either, it just lets you use code for the design

yes we're saying the same thing. you want to mix user-authored and designer-authored ui code. knowingly or not you've copied winform's mistake from vs2003.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol if you think designers will actually write code

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i'm the apple store salesdrone upselling the six-figgie 50 y.o. on a 2 tb spinny drive for his new mac pro so that he'll have room for all of his vacation photos

i feel like to buy a $6000 computer with $5000 monitor you'd have to be at least a deece 6.5, 6.7 figgies

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

designer in this context refers to the drag and drop editable preview pane

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the 5999 cost must be recouping all the r and d costs up front? i guess it is a lot of stainless steel

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Scott Baio Nudes posted:

the 5999 cost must be recouping all the r and d costs up front? i guess it is a lot of stainless steel

~*design*~ ain't free

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

the ones that do go into development for more money :ninja:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

what xeon is it specifically?

bc earlier this year i specced out a system for our VR lab that has an i9-9900, 2080Ti, 32gb of ram, 1tb SSD and it still came in under $2500 and i'm wondering how much faster it is than the $6000 mac pro

I posted it on the last page

its a 2019 Xeon W
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/125035/intel-xeon-w-processor.html

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

wait until you see apple's new SAN product next year

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i remember reading about the original mac team. there were a lot of true believers who were really excited about making a user-friendly, cheap computer for ordinary people. but costs kept creeping up as they had to add components and the mac ended up being priced out of most ordinary people's budgets. a lot of team members were really unhappy about that

apple in 2019: buy this $6000 computer. yes, that is the base model. no, it doesn't have a monitor. sure you can buy a cheaper, better computer. $6000 for the privilege. why? gently caress you - we're a luxury brand

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sniep posted:

why does it suck? it seems great. not sure your angle, or do you work for the google privacy invasion dept?

lol they decided to use their monopoly to force devs to do this poo poo the same day the feds launched antitrust investigations into apple

well done timb

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

qirex posted:

What if framer, but swift?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i remember reading about the original mac team. there were a lot of true believers who were really excited about making a user-friendly, cheap computer for ordinary people. but costs kept creeping up as they had to add components and the mac ended up being priced out of most ordinary people's budgets. a lot of team members were really unhappy about that

apple in 2019: buy this $6000 computer. yes, that is the base model. no, it doesn't have a monitor. sure you can buy a cheaper, better computer. $6000 for the privilege. why? gently caress you - we're a luxury brand

this is a professional cheese grating machine bitch, not for average consumer

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Sniep posted:

and pinterest!!!!!11!!!!!1

it's apple leveraging their monopolistic position to get their foot in as yet another privacy invasion corp.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

so with 1.5TB of ram can you actually mount an entire file system in the ram ? that would be pretty cool

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/dimensionmedia/status/1135721615357095938

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

How the gently caress is this thing stable? It does look like its standing on it’s tippy toes.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
so are we saying we're not getting the stands, tho? i mean, becky in reception got a stand and im also public-facing due to my job requirements so i really also need the stand

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

one $35,000 computer please!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

how does the vesa mount work tho if they specifically mentioned the monitor needs considerable airflow space in the back, that thing looked real flat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m not saying this thing isn’t overpriced, but there seem to be a lot of people itt that have never seen a $20,000 workstation.