Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1135963995838566400?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
He'll get Simmons going eeeaaarrrlllyyy I bet.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Rick posted:

My ideal, that people are going to laugh at but I'm fine admitting it, is the Lopez Brothers and Joe Harris and Seth Curry.

I mean, as people coming off the bench this is a massive improvement.

e: yeah what Declan said

I have a real soft spot for Rolo and I think he's better than people think

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 4, 2019

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Declan MacManus posted:

that would patch up basically every lakers hole and allows them flexibility to either trade for another star or let their young talent play alongside lebron for a few seasons if la doesn’t like anything coming down the pipe

i don’t think it’s silly at all

That is good to hear, I think I have gone too deep into dark Laker territories where you are a bad fan if you are not speaking Kawhi and KD signing into existence.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I mean yeah they're gonna sign KD and Kyrie, trade the kids for AD, and fill out the bench with the people you listed

when I make a mygm in 2k20 and it's going to loving own

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/1135961808043253760?s=20

There's an Athletic article by Shams about this, too. How in the universe would the Wolves be able to make that happen?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

My ideal, that people are going to laugh at but I'm fine admitting it, is the Lopez Brothers and Joe Harris and Seth Curry.

Can they afford that if they also sign or trade for a max type guy? Maybe I'm overestimating the market for Brook Lopez and Joe Harris

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

scuz posted:

There's an Athletic article by Shams about this, too. How in the universe would the Wolves be able to make that happen?

Trade Wiggins to the Knicks

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

Can they afford that if they also sign or trade for a max type guy? Maybe I'm overestimating the market for Brook Lopez and Joe Harris

brook’s gonna be in high demand but he seems like he’s willing to take a paycut to ring chase at this point

milwaukee’s basically ideal though so i dunno that he’d want to walk away from that to go back to an org that he thought didn’t want him

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

scuz posted:

That "N:0W" digital clock tattoo is pretty dope.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

brook’s gonna be in high demand but he seems like he’s willing to take a paycut to ring chase at this point

milwaukee’s basically ideal though so i dunno that he’d want to walk away from that to go back to an org that he thought didn’t want him

I think Milwaukee offers him a 1+1 at whatever they can muster without bird rights and give every assurance the CBA allows to let him know they'll make it up when they have rights.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Probably not. Although other than Kawhi or KD I think the Lakers might be better off filling a lot of holes than adding another guy who scores in a similar fashion to Lebron.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/C2_Cooper/status/1135958645898960898

My offseason hope has begun today. The Pacers included in rumors.

They'll never land anyone, but to be included is nice.

Pace yourself buddy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

For what it's worth apparently a Pelicans beat writer last week on LA talk radio said he thinks it's done already but I couldn't find the audio to link it or actually believe it.

If you can find a name, I can tell you if he's trust worthy or not.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mean I get swinging for the fences but why would they think Kawhi is gonna go the Lakers when the narrative has been about him wanting to to be the guy on wherever he plays? Especially on a team with both KD AND Lebron?

Like, you could at least see himself talking into Lebron since Lebron is getting older and his body is starting to betray him, so Leonard would at least be the focus on the court, but Durant throws a monkeywrench in that regardless of what SAS thinks of him. He gets a lot of attention, plays big minutes when healthy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1136014604121845760

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/Rjeff24/status/1135990438341599232?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Airports exist outside of time and it is socially acceptable to pay way too much for a beer there at all hours.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I mean I get swinging for the fences but why would they think Kawhi is gonna go the Lakers when the narrative has been about him wanting to to be the guy on wherever he plays? Especially on a team with both KD AND Lebron?

Like, you could at least see himself talking into Lebron since Lebron is getting older and his body is starting to betray him, so Leonard would at least be the focus on the court, but Durant throws a monkeywrench in that regardless of what SAS thinks of him. He gets a lot of attention, plays big minutes when healthy.

I don't know how realistic Kawhi to the Lakers is. Like his nieces think he's going to the Lakers, so does LeBron, but just about everyone else thinks the Clippers or staying in Toronto.

I like Hollins, I would rather he be the head coach and that Vogel worked for him and that Jason Kidd was employed elsewhere.

Kibner posted:

If you can find a name, I can tell you if he's trust worthy or not.

Andrew Lopez

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

you’re assuming the lakers and clippers strike out in free agency (very possible) and that okc treads water in the regular season without making any moves (less likely)

and also that the jazz don’t get any better i guess

Annual "blazers are falling out of the postseason" post

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

lionel hollins seems like just the guy to bring some joy and levity to the lakers

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MourningView posted:

Airports exist outside of time and it is socially acceptable to pay way too much for a beer there at all hours.

Airplanes as well. It’s sky law.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/alyssalimp/status/999320391993708544

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I don't know how realistic Kawhi to the Lakers is. Like his nieces think he's going to the Lakers, so does LeBron, but just about everyone else thinks the Clippers or staying in Toronto.

I like Hollins, I would rather he be the head coach and that Vogel worked for him and that Jason Kidd was employed elsewhere.

Andrew Lopez

Lopez is relatively new to the scene, but I would place better than even odds his source is legit.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1136035972909547526

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1135585984693833728

Mavs apparently are not going to try to sign Butler or DLo. I am happy about this.

Lockback posted:

He'll get Simmons going eeeaaarrrlllyyy I bet.

This is my favorite post in a while, thank you.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Rick posted:

Andrew Lopez

Ages ago, Woj stumbled and bumbled through a sentence on his podcast, and then the Kawaaii to the Clippers narrative started to take off all over the place:

https://overcast.fm/+FssecjlGY/25:00 July 4th 2018

Woj posted:

"And I've been told that one of the reasons he's, you know he looks at going to the Clippers, or, is a little... less... motivated... because I think initially the idea of L.A. was fine to him, with the Lakers, he'd prefer the Lakers, but he was open to the Clippers, but now that LeBron is in L.A., I think the idea of going head-to-head with LeBron, to to have you with the Clippers, him with the Lakers, and to maybe feel dwarfed by that is... is, is... I'm told that's become far less appealing for him."

What ever the gently caress that means, Woj. Silly Woj, carrying water for his boy Buford trying to pump up value and leverage for the Spurs when Kawaaaaii was being talked about. Sports Media took that and ran and it's been Kawaaaaiii to the Clippers ever since.

Therefore: Kaawaaaiiii to the Lakers, QED.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 5, 2019

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hope you're rightmy friend.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

OH WORD SON posted:

Annual "blazers are falling out of the postseason" post

i don’t think they’re missing, i just don’t think they’re going to be a top 4 seed again

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1136052190504611840?s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that would explain why all those teams are putting out feelers on dlo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

What’s their situation even like? Can they get to 2 maxes? Would they dump dinwiddie in this scenario?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Come to Minnesota, D'Lo. You can do it. You and KAT will be bestest friends. Doooo iiiittt.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The word from the same sort of people who said Lebron to LA, last year, was Kyrie and KD to the Knicks. Maybe Kyrie changed his mind and that's the reason for the hermetic brotherhood stuff? He's in a hermetic brotherhood with his former Cleveland teammate, Joe Harris? Or KD to Brooklyn. It's all a mysterion

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

What’s their situation even like? Can they get to 2 maxes? Would they dump dinwiddie in this scenario?

Dinwiddie on the Suns would be interesting, but it doesn't look like it's happening.
https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status/1135962414313136133?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

To answer your ? Deimos, without moving Dinwiddie they would need to:

-Trade Crabbe while taking no salary back, which probably means moving at least one of the #17,#27,or #31 picks.
-Renounce rights to Russell.

That gets you to slightly above $71 million I think.

edited because I'm a dumbass.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 5, 2019

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Dejan Bimble posted:

The word from the same sort of people who said Lebron to LA, last year, was Kyrie and KD to the Knicks. Maybe Kyrie changed his mind and that's the reason for the hermetic brotherhood stuff? He's in a hermetic brotherhood with his former Cleveland teammate, Joe Harris? Or KD to Brooklyn. It's all a mysterion

kyrie probably knows kd tore his achilles and doesnt want to deal with a max contract that doesnt play

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

got some chores tonight posted:

kyrie probably knows kd tore his achilles and doesnt want to deal with a max contract that doesnt play

Kyrie DEFINITELY believes he and/or his guru have healing hands so nah

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

To answer your ? Deimos, without moving Dinwiddie they would need to:

-Trade Crabbe while taking no salary back, which probably means moving at least one of the #17,#27,or #31 picks.
-Renounce rights to Russell.

That gets you to slightly above $71 million I think.

edited because I'm a dumbass.

So if they moved dinwiddie and took back a first (let’s say the suns are bluffing or someone else makes a move) they’re probably around 60 depending on the rookie slot and would need to make another move. That said, Allen/Durant/LeVert, someone/Kyrie is a pretty good starting 5.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
We need an updated version of this so badly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOdsKyv2KzU&t=34s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1136361822007828482