Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lame as Heck
Mar 27, 2004

headcoatin' baby
alright time to post the collection. lots of punk, some foreign heavy metal, a couple indies, and a king crimson record

https://www.discogs.com/user/romanticday/collection

send me a list of records you're interested in, i'll grade and price them, and then you can choose which to buy and which not to. since i'm still being spared the trouble of going through the discogs marketplace and don't have to sell them individually yet, prices will be pretty reasonable. i was going to go to the viva la vinyl forums next but i'll hang around here for a few weeks and keep the thread updated on when packages are shipped and such.

caligulamprey posted:

There's some early 7"s along with Soul Discharge off of Shimmydisc, and a couple of Super Roots. In fact, now that I know Super Roots 7 is on vinyl, I'm totally buying Super Roots 7 on vinyl.

My copy of Gold and Green by OOIOO is warped and a loving shame, the album is absolutely astonishing.

I love Green & Gold. One of my favorites. Feather Float is a cool album too, as well as being a pretty record. it's transparent blue. Japan is a nation of CD lovers though so that's why most of their music isn't on vinyl. fortunately all the Boredoms CDs are very cool and well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure I’d be listing the Skrewdriver stuff tbh.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Ballz posted:

Just to follow up on that Bespoke Post Vinyl Me Please box, the link for it is now featured prominently on their site as one of June's choices. I guess the earlier weirdness we encountered was just because we jumped on it a few days early. Still the same album choices pwn posted earlier.

I'm not 100% sure if the $20 off is for anyone who signs up for Bespoke Post the first time, or if they sign up by using someone else's referral. If a referral link is needed, I humbly offer my own. :kiddo:

And as a reminder if you're like me and grabbed that VMP Groove box before June 1, just keep in mind you have another order that's going to be processed in a few days so you have until June 5 to change it, remove it, cancel, etc. I was planning on canceling but... but... I actually need a pair of these. They've suckered me in, guys.

I got the discount for being a first time customer.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
sorry i would never buy anything from someone with skrewdriver records go gently caress yourself

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I miss the days when the Vinyl Thread didn't have posts containing Neo-Nazi records, jfc.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

sorry i would never buy anything from someone with skrewdriver records go gently caress yourself

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
here's a short mix i just did of a some recent gospel 45s and a couple upgrades, it's deep soul and some close harmony so if that's up your alley:

https://soundcloud.com/ian_d/get-right-v3

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm pretty amused you guys are familiar enough with Nazi albums to know which ones they are...

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

You guys hate Nazis, yet you've heard of Nazis before. Interesting.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

revmoo posted:

I'm pretty amused you guys are familiar enough with Nazi albums to know which ones they are...

FWIW Skrewdriver is a pretty infamous Neo-Nazi punk band.

Anyways, I feel obligated to post this as the standard response.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Ballz posted:

FWIW Skrewdriver is a pretty infamous Neo-Nazi punk band.

Yeah exactly. If you listen to punk with any interest, you’ve probably heard of them.

Anyway, while I understand the concern, I am pretty sure LAH is not a neo nazi. IIRC he got those records from a roommate who moved out and left them behind. Probably better off having thrown them away, but I’ll let him explain if he feels the need.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll send $10 to a cool anti nazi fund or charity if he makes a video of them being destroyed in a fun way.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I for one prefer Jewdriver, the all-Jewish Skrewdriver cover band.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

revmoo posted:

not only that but im familiar enough to know that most of the skrewdriver records listed in that collection aren't explicitly racist. doesn't change anything for me but there you go.

either way im not down to exchange money for goods with anyone who owns them or lists them in their collection on discogs even if they came from someone else's stuff. that's gross.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

revmoo posted:

I mean after the first post mentioned them being a problem, a quick google search is all it took to figure out why.

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

JehovahsWetness posted:

here's a short mix i just did of a some recent gospel 45s and a couple upgrades, it's deep soul and some close harmony so if that's up your alley:

https://soundcloud.com/ian_d/get-right-v3

sounds great man, what's the tune at 3:30 it's pretty solid

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’ll send $10 to a cool anti nazi fund or charity if he makes a video of them being destroyed in a fun way.

Same.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Bought a couple of boxes off a guy on FB marketplace last week for 20 bucks. Pulled out these gems. Had about 200 records total. The top pic is a bunch of 10" Decca Mono Jazz Pressings that are in amazing condition.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Charlatan Eschaton posted:

sounds great man, what's the tune at 3:30 it's pretty solid

that's actually the easiest one in the mix to get: https://www.discogs.com/Sensational-Nightingales-One-Faith-One-God-One-Baptism-Blessed-Quietness/release/1514687
45 only track, i think

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Flaggy posted:

Bought a couple of boxes off a guy on FB marketplace last week for 20 bucks. Pulled out these gems. Had about 200 records total. The top pic is a bunch of 10" Decca Mono Jazz Pressings that are in amazing condition.

drat. That's a nice haul. Everytime I get super excited to see the Terminator soundtrack it turns out to be a laser disc.

Lame as Heck
Mar 27, 2004

headcoatin' baby

Toe Rag posted:

Yeah exactly. If you listen to punk with any interest, you’ve probably heard of them.

Anyway, while I understand the concern, I am pretty sure LAH is not a neo nazi. IIRC he got those records from a roommate who moved out and left them behind. Probably better off having thrown them away, but I’ll let him explain if he feels the need.

No explanation needed now. Thanks, dude. Everybody can consider them erased from history.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Secret Records have been teasing their most elaborate Residents release to date and it looks like it's gonna be a 3 LP set of their In Between Dreams show! The full announcement should be tomorrow with pre-orders starting on the 21st.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Toe Rag posted:

Some guy I know, sort of, is selling all his records, so I bought a bunch. Get ready!!!

this band rules

i might already have this. maybe someone itt wants it if so. i'll have to double check

i normally don't get too excited over colored vinyl but this one is pretty cool imo

i first heard this when i was 14 or 15 and it was the heaviest and angriest thing i ever did hear. it's still one of my favorite albums

i had a t shirt of this when i was a kid. my dad liked it. :shobon:

unlike most punk bands, poison girls was founded by an older lady who already had grown up kids, who are the band on the b-side :3:

:hellyeah:

29 songs in 18 minutes :wth:

björk's in this, but they type it bjørk (fyi)

i def already have this. it was supposed to be a different color but it wasn't :smith:

this was a different color, though :unsmith:

so nice i bought it twice

:2bong:

:smug:

He also gave me these

You can read things Yoshimi said inside. I wonder if that's supposed to be Anla Courtis, not Alan. I will soon find out!!

Also this, which I am entirely sure what it is.

i thought it was a catalog of records/covers he designed, but maybe it's just an art exhibit, cos i can't find any of them online. some of them are pretty good

Badass

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Chip McFuck posted:

What's a good option for something to store/display 7-inch records in that looks a little nicer than a shoebox?

Ammo cans

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff right there.

Secret Records posted:

Coming soon! The Residents - In Between Dreams Live! Two different color double LP vinyl options available in numbered editions of 250 copies inside a fantastic gatefold jacket designed by Casey Howard. Also available in a limited edition Digipack CD inside an old-school 12" tall CD LONGBOX!! PLUS there's the bonus LP titled Dreaming Of An Eyeball Beaming which includes the IMD encore and all the music from the IBD videos. Only 250 copies of Beaming are being pressed and it is not available in any other format! More outstanding Casey Howard art for the bonus LP and again they're all hand-numbered. Test pressings are available for both AND there are 20 mispressed Beaming tests that were mistakenly cut at 45 rpm.
PRE-ORDER STARTS JUNE 21ST (midnight central standard time) at secretrecords.bandcamp.com
SHIPPING OUT IN MID JULY

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Savers: Where Old Recordable Media Goes to Die

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

Savers: Where Old Recordable Media Goes to Die

I saw a few milk crates filled with reel to reel tape in a Savers a few times.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Time to buy it all. Never know when you’ll need a DV tape.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
went to a record swap and got some yves tumor, depeche mode, villalobos, zacht automaat, poser disposer and emptyset

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

CPL593H posted:

I saw a few milk crates filled with reel to reel tape in a Savers a few times.

Woah, isn't reel to reel tape pretty expensive?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Elrobot posted:

went to a record swap and got some yves tumor, depeche mode, villalobos, zacht automaat, poser disposer and emptyset
Not to knock your record swap deals but I wanna take the opportunity to go off on a tangent on what a ripoff Depeche Mode reissues are, like I keep seeing these box sets around that are repros of the 12″ singles, six to a box, each box corresponding to one album

and they're something like €90 per box when half the singles are just remixes

like sure I get the allure of fresh new 12″ singles and DM are, to me, a singles band, but loving hell someone at Sony realized DM fans will pay any price and is making bank.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Woah, isn't reel to reel tape pretty expensive?

New production spools of open reel tape cost $50-400 or so, depending on width.

The appeal of old ones would be the hope of finding something neat recorded on them I think.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Not to knock your record swap deals but I wanna take the opportunity to go off on a tangent on what a ripoff Depeche Mode reissues are, like I keep seeing these box sets around that are repros of the 12″ singles, six to a box, each box corresponding to one album

and they're something like €90 per box when half the singles are just remixes

like sure I get the allure of fresh new 12″ singles and DM are, to me, a singles band, but loving hell someone at Sony realized DM fans will pay any price and is making bank.

This has been pretty much DM in a nutshell for awhile tho

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Grand Prize Winner posted:

New production spools of open reel tape cost $50-400 or so, depending on width.

The appeal of old ones would be the hope of finding something neat recorded on them I think.

A bunch of them were labeled but it was all boring stuff some reels appeared to be blank. If that poo poo was 30-40 years old would it even be good for recording on anyway?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

they'd be great if you wanted to make your own version of The Disintegration Loops.

The only really good ones I've spotted were a couple reels of Kasey Kasem (Longtime LA radio DJ and the guy who voiced Scooby Doo Shaggy) outtakes at a garage sale, but the guy changed his mind and refused to sell them.

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 9, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

He was terrified of the Kasem estate coming for him, which is fair (He's secretly the true villain in the Negativland/U2 debacle).

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
That’s the letter “U,” and the numeral “2”

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Dunno if it is proper to put this here but it is an all vinyl thing. I'll be spinning some wax and playing some weird poo poo that I grabbed from Movie Madness on the TV's at WedgeHead.
Monday June 10th 8-11pm. 21 and over.
If yer in Portland.... pinball, booze, strange videos, and good tunes.
I will also be collecting donations for houseofsound.org
Here is the flyer

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Sounds cool, I'll try to stop by!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CARRY ALL YOUR LP’S IN STYLE WITH A SLEEK & ERGONOMIC LP ORGANIZER!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DKQ3R73/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_4vW.Cb91N6SJK

Sometimes I think the word ergonomic gets thrown around a bit too much