Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Uomri za sovetskij soiuz, tovarisch

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Uomri za sovetskij soiuz, tovarisch

The preferred romanization of the Russian word for "union" is soyuz.

I thought you of all people would know that, space nerd.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i believe the woman named olga that gave me that translation over you, mcnally

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
This is why dubs are better than subs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

i believe the woman named olga that gave me that translation over you, mcnally

There's the official romanization method and then there's phonetic spelling used by native speakers. I'm not saying Olga is wrong and I'm right, I'm just busting your balls.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bust away mcnally, i will forever take pride in the fact that i have balls to be busted, unlike John Ratcliffe (R-TX) who has none to bust, because he is a coward that runs away from widows very eunuchally

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bust away mcnally, i will forever take pride in the fact that i have balls to be busted, unlike John Ratcliffe (R-TX) who has none to bust, because he is a coward that runs away from widows very eunuchally

:golfclap:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrsM5jv3mM

i love this show

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

RBMK reactors don't explode

Now that I've watched the show I wanted to give this props.

Also, that's an A+ mashup Vas.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

Now that I've watched the show I wanted to give this props.

Also, that's an A+ mashup Vas.

Count yourself lucky, I asked Mcnally to give you a sixer with the reason "hes in shock, get him out of here," but he said I ruined the joke with my post

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I ruined the joke with my post

A common theme, really.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:mcnally:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Normally they dont. But boy howdy does hydrogen gas explode.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/zeroasalimit/status/1134587044364087296

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Oh dear, we need to expand the thread title again, don't we?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I really miss the Wire. TV is really good now but it could be just a little bit better.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
"Comrade, I don't think there are any fuel rods. I don't think there's a core."

"SHEEEEEEEEEEEEIT"

e] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Nah, there's a core, it just formed an easy to kill you clean up pile.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I finally started watching Barry a year late...

Made it to the raid episode and woke my wife up laughing at Taylor when Barry does the silent count.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYoxNbQGS94

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I finally started watching Barry a year late...

Made it to the raid episode and woke my wife up laughing at Taylor when Barry does the silent count.

The episode where Barry has to go against the Judo dude is amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vriess posted:

Ron/Lily is one of my favorite episodes of any tv show.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ron/Lily is one of my favorite episodes of any tv show.

Nerdwriter1 did an episode on the fight sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZFQjeZwaw

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vriess posted:

It reminded me of the Daredevil hallway sequence but if one of the dudes fighting really didn’t want to be there/didn’t give a gently caress.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Dude McAwesome posted:

It reminded me of the Daredevil hallway sequence but if one of the dudes fighting really didn’t want to be there/didn’t give a gently caress.

So basically this old John Goodman SNL Skit
https://vimeo.com/181324365

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Vriess posted:

Nerdwriter1 did an episode on the fight sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZFQjeZwaw

Nerdwriter is a great channel!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
hollyyyyyy poo poo Keanu is really really good in that new Netflix romcom

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1134951607274156032

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Same but also Randall Park

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Still haven’t watched but saw this on reddit

1986 help crash from episode 2

quote:

Helicopters were used to cover the reactor with sand, lead and boric acid. Later, a large sarcophagus structure was built to contain the reactor. This crash of an Mi-8 helicopter occurred on 2 October 1986 when the rotors clipped a crane cable. The pilot and three crew members were killed in the crash. This footage was obtained by film-maker Vladimir Shevchenko, who later died from the effects of radiation exposure.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

When I saw that on the show at first I thought that the radiation was so intense that it embrittled the rotor blades to the point where they disintegrated in mid-air.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ah god drat.

I just thought the radiation was so strong that it was tearing the helicopter apart as it flew over the top.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shevchenko died so we wouldn't forget and do this again.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Is my wife gonna appreciate Chernobyl? I wanna start watching it but if she sees someone get like melted or some kid with horrible birth defects it’s probably gonna be a downer.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

beanieson posted:

Is my wife gonna appreciate Chernobyl? I wanna start watching it but if she sees someone get like melted or some kid with horrible birth defects it’s probably gonna be a downer.

They don't show any kids die (though they say it happens). They show a couple melty dudes in hospital beds. And one episode is about half about the squads that went out and found pets to shoot so they wouldn't wander out and irradiate larger parts of the country.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a few scenes involving what can best be described as uh...burnt pizza man? But they're limited and intentionally haunting.

And there's about a (total of) 20 minute segment involving shooting radioactive dogs with a few scenes of actually shooting the animals. But it's not like a sadistic thing or anything, the poor dudes tasked with it take it super serious and get totally loving wasted because it's bothering them.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Ya she’d probably be done if somebody merc’d A dog for whatever reason. Thanks dudes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

beanieson posted:

Ya she’d probably be done if somebody merc’d A dog for whatever reason. Thanks dudes.

I warn people before watching that the show is very graphic. It's not gratuitous, but it also does not hide anything. I have some friends that I know are particularly squeamish to flat not watch it. The liquidators episode is heartbreaking.

Everyone is drinking fucktons of free vodka throughout.

Also, not dog. Dogs. And cats. Dumptrucks full. That's some of the real poo poo that had to go down as a result of the gross negligence at play. Housepets that would poison anyone they approached, livestock, wild animals, and everything else still alive had to be put down, gathered up, and buried in a cement sarcophagus. They do nothing to hide some of the real impacts that this disaster had on everything around it.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 5, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Yeah, if you like animals that episode is a real bummer, but knowing what it was beforehand and the seriousness with which they portray it made it tolerable. If they were a group of psychopaths walking around laughing and drinking while they slaughter family pets that are running up to them, happy just to see a human, then I'd tell people that it's not worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I’m a giant baby when animals die in movies/shows and it didn’t bother me. Partly because I knew it was coming and partly because in my mind by putting the animals down they are saving them from horrible slow deaths.