Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gripweed posted:

They're doing a Sam Porter Bridges Figma.

there better be a ~lore~ reason why the cuff isn't on his briefcase hand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

plenty of birds, no other land mammals

There's some elk looking things running in the background during the bike scene

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Maybe I'm misreading the videos but the crows look like they follow you and maybe help you? As far as animal chat, we saw very lively sealife when he's teleported underwater in the 2017 trailer, including living whales. But who knows what's even going on there.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
the birds are Vulcan Raven :wth:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Donovan Trip posted:

Maybe I'm misreading the videos but the crows look like they follow you and maybe help you? As far as animal chat, we saw very lively sealife when he's teleported underwater in the 2017 trailer, including living whales. But who knows what's even going on there.

Maybe the "other side" is connected to the ocean and sealife somehow, like the Void in Dishonored.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The latest trailer has dead sea creatures on the ground in the ww1 otherworld

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone looking for in depth (and at times, insane) theories and observations on the released trailers, you've really gotta check out r/deathstranding. There's analysis on all sorts of things, someone noticed it says "strandwolf" on the bike tire which is a kind of hyena that scavenges on shores. Pretty cool considering how it ties into the visuals of the dead and dying sealife. Someone else noticed that the dead body Sam transports has the same pink shawl on as the president

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

there better be a ~lore~ reason why the cuff isn't on his briefcase hand!

The cuffs glow weirdly in the trailers so I don't think it's for securing briefcases.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hideo Kojima is getting tired of everyone's bullshit, if you just listen to him it's very simple:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1136074622711975936

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

acksplode posted:

Hideo Kojima is getting tired of everyone's bullshit, if you just listen to him it's very simple:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

acksplode posted:

This is the content I crave

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

acksplode posted:

Thanks for this clarification, Kojima-san.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I just hope we can use transfarring during the strand action.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This game is going to be loving awesome lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Social
Strand
System

S3, huh.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
As the kids say, "alot to unpack here"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kept you waiting, huh?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Neverbegameover is just the gift that keeps on giving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4UDaY9xIkw

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Cliff is Big Boss :wth:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Kojima posted:

Strand game

Sounds like a shore :v:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

This dude is my favorite loving villain in any piece of fiction ever. He's just having so much fun being a detestable bastard. "I want to live in a single glorious moment of horror and ecstasy!"

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

acksplode posted:

We don't deserve him.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Vikar Jerome posted:

As the kids say, "alot to unpack here"

lol at Del Toro and Kojima's personal assistant both retweeting this. Honestly though the batshit fans have become a core component of Kojima's work at this point and I would miss them if they disappeared.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
True, although I think there have been a few on Reddit trying to link it to Qanon. We can do without those.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Bedshaped posted:

We don't deserve him.

In a follow up tweet he said Social Strand System is supposed to have the same descriptive intent as Tactical Espionage Action.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I hope the multiplayer aspect is cool and not some bullshit background simulation.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

In a follow up tweet he said Social Strand System is supposed to have the same descriptive intent as Tactical Espionage Action.

I want some of that hot TEA.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Bedshaped posted:

I hope the multiplayer aspect is cool and not some bullshit background simulation.

I think it’ll end up somewhere between Dark Souls co-op and the ending of Nier Automata. Would be cool if instances of other players’ worlds appear where you can help them out somehow. Not a full co-op but if you choose to help it provides items or does damage to a boss. The narrative likely won’t allow for you to gently caress people over, like invasions. The worst you can do is acts of omission.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When you invade you play as Mads.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Too bad it just sounds like nonsense from a crazy person instead of the description of a badass game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Maybe Kojima should just stick to talking about actors and directors that he likes. Those posts do more to hype up his games than when he talks directly about his games.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

Too bad it just sounds like nonsense from a crazy person instead of the description of a badass game.

This is actually the reason I know it's going to be good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I don't understand the problem

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Death Stranding is: action/strand; hobby-grade stealth campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode social system; meta-growth, choice + epic DS Heroes!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't understand the problem

It's not directly spelled out for me I can't possibly know what it means! I have to know right now even though it's not out until November.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I like Kojima and DS looks awesome but he could literally say anything and people will act like it’s the greatest thing they have ever heard.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Even the slightly lovely things he says (words and deeds) are carved into the stone tablet of history.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

veni veni veni posted:

Lol I like Kojima and DS looks awesome but he could literally say anything and people will act like it’s the greatest thing they have ever heard.
could also be they like listening to the enthusiastic weird dude and trust that the game'll probably be good due to his track record
that track record also includes often being cheeky and misleading and obtuse when it comes to details about his games

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

could also be they like listening to the enthusiastic weird dude and trust that the game'll probably be good due to his track record

Pretty much

I'd rather listen to him enthusiastically try to describe his ideas in a secondary language than any 'lol can you believe this guy' cynic irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Pretty much

I'd rather listen to him enthusiastically try to describe his ideas in a secondary language than any 'lol can you believe this guy' cynic irony

Totes

I have never actually seen people worship Kojima the way the eyerollers say they do. I just enjoy this man’s weird rear end work product.