Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

George Kansas posted:

because it was on you? lol

No, because it's an obviously bad vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

George Kansas posted:

on a reread, I don't like going from "I voted Hal because he scumclaimed" to "oh it was just a joke, it wasn't serious folks" when there was zero indication it was a joke until after the fact

i'll ##vote tnl

I like how we've gone from "wow Ninth sure missed that obvious joke" to "there's no way in hell Ninth could have known Hal was joking" in the same game day.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m going to vote with my friend AA here and ##vote GK

This guy has been all over the place and sounds phony let’s get him

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hal I still need to what your av text is from

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote GK

Of everyone that came at me his vote was the worst. I explained my Hal vote on the last page and my explanation was completely consistent with the two posts he quoted. He ignores this explanation to say that "on a reread" the two posts contradict each other and that I was backtracking. This isn't the case at all and he's essentially throwing out two pages of discussion to justify jumping on me now.

Also I'm not sure how close he is reading to begin with:

Epsilon Plus posted:

and it just so happens to be on you

George Kansas posted:

because it was on you? lol

Great posting here beek.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

BTW less than 3 hours til deadline.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

Great posting here beek.

this is a good catch, although they don't necessarily contradict depending on how you read this post:

The Ninth Layer posted:

My vote was as serious as his scum claim is.

I am still not for sure how serious you are about voting based entirely on a D1 scum claim, and I feel like the rest of the thread isn't 100% on how to read you atm either

regardless it's a good enough read to potentially swing my vote; tbh I still think you're scum but am willing to accept I am wrong and vote BK before deadline ends - gonna meditate on it a bit

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It was a joke vote, in the sense that I did not believe Hal was earnestly scum claiming, as well as a serious vote, in the sense that I was voting for someone who scum claimed which is bad. It was serious in proportion to how serious Hal meant his claim (not very).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

90 minutes to deadline.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

so yall think you can just vote whoever you want huh

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

We don’t deserve this beautiful theme

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

It was a joke vote, in the sense that I did not believe Hal was earnestly scum claiming, as well as a serious vote, in the sense that I was voting for someone who scum claimed which is bad. It was serious in proportion to how serious Hal meant his claim (not very).

this does not do a whole lot to clarify your intent but I'll vote GK so we can be sure to go out for lunch today

##vote GK

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The entire extent of my thought process was "oh Hal scum claimed, well ok that's a ##vote"

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

George Kansas (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, The Ninth Layer, Epsilon Plus
The Ninth Layer (1): George Kansas, George Kansas, Anomalous Amalgam, Epsilon Plus, Anomalous Amalgam, George Kansas, Epsilon Plus
IcePhoenix (1): GulagDolls
Anomalous Amalgam (0): George Kansas, George Kansas, George Kansas, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, George Kansas

Not Voting (2): IcePhoenix, kaschei

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 03rd, 2019 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 4 minutes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nope won't do it. all switch to IP.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I suppose it's up to the mermaid again

##vote GK

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

George Kansas (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, The Ninth Layer, Epsilon Plus, IcePhoenix
The Ninth Layer (1): George Kansas, George Kansas, Anomalous Amalgam, Epsilon Plus, Anomalous Amalgam, George Kansas, Epsilon Plus
IcePhoenix (1): GulagDolls
Anomalous Amalgam (0): George Kansas, George Kansas, George Kansas, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, George Kansas

Not Voting (1): kaschei

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 03rd, 2019 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 31 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

George Kansas, Griffin, Town-aligned Doctor was executed D2.

It's now N2. Actions quickly please.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls, Ghoul, Vanilla Town died N2.

kaschei, Pixie, Vanilla Town died N2.

It's now D3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, The Ninth Layer

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 06th, 2019 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Vanilla? surprised, based ln the flips so far I thought it would be a role madness game

also we're in LYLO right? I'm about to drive home so I can't do much posting for a few hours, maybe a brief moratorium on votes?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
welp, my reads were poo poo this game. Sorry town.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

welp, my reads were poo poo this game. Sorry town.

what are your reads now?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is this lylo? I'm thinking ice Phoenix and/or tnl

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My first instinct was to say maybe Hal and TNL were playing me, but I should probably re-read the game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My power rankings look something like:

EP > IP > Hal > AA

from scummy to not scummy

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The second kill suggests we could unfortunately be in a 2 scum 1 sk 2 town situation which would make it very hard for town to win and would put the game in the hands of the SK basically.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The Ninth Layer posted:

The second kill suggests we could unfortunately be in a 2 scum 1 sk 2 town situation which would make it very hard for town to win and would put the game in the hands of the SK basically.

nah scum have two kills, this was a whole thing we already discussed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
nvm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lmao I thought I ninja'd out my idiocy to spare myself the shame. Oh well, yeah town is boned.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
EP/IP scum

HAL/TNL SK?

AA unfortunate dumb lake town

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm vanilla but yeah that's what I think, EP/IP scum and maybe Hal SK.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

how the hell is there a SK? unless the SK managed to target one of the mafia kills every night, which is... possible in such a small game but still unlikely

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All this sk discussion feels like an attempt to create confusion. The OP is pretty clear about two scum kills and I think it's pretty unlikely an sk would double tap both nights.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
oh, I agree, I'm super dumb, and thought BK died at night for some reason.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If scum get two night kills again then the game is over isn't it?

Anyway who do you guys think is the scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think it's you TNL, you were the focus of a lot of non-productive discussion D2 and brought up a weird SK discussion today:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm vanilla but yeah that's what I think, EP/IP scum and maybe Hal SK.

you post this after AA admits that SK discussion is implausible and don't backtrack at all from it. I'd say that it's a scum miscommunication leading to bad posts between you and AA but I'm not totally sold on AA being scum - I've misread AA in the last couple of games we were in.

Hal I'm pretty sure is town; IP could be scum - they've been kinda distant and quiet all game. it's hard to say with either of them though because we're at LYLO with only six pages of posts, a good chunk of which is recruit/jokephase, and we've had no night action reports to use for information gathering. I'd ask for a fullclaim but scum can easily claim vanilla at this point - really wanted this to be a RM game to avoid this.

Anyway the end result is that TNL is who I'm the most sure about but I'm willing to entertain counterarguments.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You can probably come up with a better reason for me being scum than "I was the focus of discussion."

The post you quoted came literally one post after AA was herself speculating about a serial killer. Literally the post above mine. So what are you even talking about?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

You can probably come up with a better reason for me being scum than "I was the focus of discussion."

The post you quoted came literally one post after AA was herself speculating about a serial killer. Literally the post above mine. So what are you even talking about?

a few posts above that AA discounts the idea of a SK and mentions a ninja edit before talking about a potential SK; I wasn't there to see the original post so I assumed the first post was talking about an SK then got ninja'd

I don't think you're scum because you're a topic of discussion, I think you're scum because you kept bringing it up D1 instead of dropping it. D2 you start talking about SKs and even after it's said that the OP states there are two scum kills per night you keep speculating about who could be the SK? it doesn't feel productive to actual discussion, it feels like a distraction. again, if AA ninja'd her post I wasn't around to see it, so my specifics may be off-base, but the core of my argument is firm - I think you're hoping to end the game today, but are willing to set yourself up for a bus if you can't cinch it today to make tomorrow more confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What are you talking about? I don't think I've mentioned an SK until today.

Feeling a lot better about my read on you now.