Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

For people who have played Rage 2 - does it have a similar feel to Borderlands in terms of gameplay? It's a while til BL3 so looking for something to bridge the gap.

Not very similar. Rage 2 has dull and awful characters, brief papier-mache plot, little happening between its numerous setpiece encounters, and frankly amazing & berserk gun combat (better than Borderlands by a fair amount unless you only use BL sniper rifles).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The only game I can think of that is like borderlands is Shadow Warrior 2. If you want to look that up. It has tons of customisation and weapons to use.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

homullus posted:

Not very similar. Rage 2 has dull and awful characters, brief papier-mache plot, little happening between its numerous setpiece encounters, and frankly amazing & berserk gun combat (better than Borderlands by a fair amount unless you only use BL sniper rifles).

OK cool thanks, I'd seen the trailers but wasn't sure re gameplay

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Handsome Collection free with PSPLUS, and, for whatever reason, on sale for $6 on Steam. That includes all cosmetics if anybody wants to fill out their costume list.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
What do you mean it includes all cosmetics? Did it not before?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

burial posted:

What do you mean it includes all cosmetics? Did it not before?

It did. Just pointing it out for those that might have the main DLCs but never bothered with skins, since the cost of the whole thing is now cheaper than those individually.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Excellent! and quite kind of you. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything I needed to do/stuff I’m missing out on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

Handsome Collection free with PSPLUS, and, for whatever reason, on sale for $6 on Steam. That includes all cosmetics if anybody wants to fill out their costume list.

Already have the PS4 version and almost got Athena to level 70, but might get the Steam version for mods.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tombot posted:

The only game I can think of that is like borderlands is Shadow Warrior 2. If you want to look that up. It has tons of customisation and weapons to use.

Warframe is another shooter with an emphasis on builds, magic powers, and weird weapons.

You can also get into the broader loot shooter game as a service stuff like Destiny, Division, Anthem (which is apparently bad?) but that's further afield.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Warframe is another shooter with an emphasis on builds, magic powers, and weird weapons.

You can also get into the broader loot shooter game as a service stuff like Destiny, Division, Anthem (which is apparently bad?) but that's further afield.

The loot system of Anthem sounds pretty bad, not very diverse, and you pretty much find commons early game, and the weapon power just scales over 3 increments to match your level.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

BizarroAzrael posted:

The loot system of Anthem sounds pretty bad, not very diverse, and you pretty much find commons early game, and the weapon power just scales over 3 increments to match your level.

Anthem is trash for a variety of reasons, and yes lovely loot is a big one. Is it not worth playing for any price.

:bioware:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just realised, did they promote it with Crazy Train because it was Iron Man adjacent?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Thanks, picked up all the skins and some DLC for $2.25!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just realised, did they promote it with Crazy Train because it was Iron Man adjacent?

Yes, anthem design principle was "Iron Man in a fantasy setting"

The best gun is a starter gun- it literally does more damage than any other gun. There's only 1 mission worth running based on how much loot it drops, so players grind this mission and skip everything else. Every mission is designed to be played in co-op, but no one is playing the rest of the game making match making impossible. That's just the start of what's wrong with anthem.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
The DLC rumor was true, it was up on steam for a few minutes and a few people grabbed the images.

https://imgur.com/a/UtflKRy

Release is this Sunday.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol steam spoiled Randy's surprise. Meltdown imminent

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Warframe is good but it's significantly different from Borderlands in pretty much every way.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i can't believe you would etc etc

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561270899668549666/585975992795791360/Screenshot_20190606-013908.jpg

They raised the level cap to 80 and added a boost to start at level 30.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Kind of mad they didn't make it 83 so you could get all 3 capstone skills.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Does the OP gear just scale up to the new level cap? Or will they just make OP8 gear 80, and require people to refarm op8 gear after :saddowns: Sounds like we are going to need to grind op2/4/6/8 again for top gear :rip:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

very cool.

will the dlc be free?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

internet celebrity posted:

The DLC rumor was true, it was up on steam for a few minutes and a few people grabbed the images.

https://imgur.com/a/UtflKRy

Release is this Sunday.

Those plant Psychos were supposed to be enemies in the canceled DLC for the Pre-Sequel, Luxy's Space Adventure.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

Those plant Psychos were supposed to be enemies in the canceled DLC for the Pre-Sequel, Luxy's Space Adventure.

Here’s hoping for a Leather Goddesses of Phobos reference or ten.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Rinkles posted:

very cool.

will the dlc be free?

Yes it's free. Out on the 9th.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Just got Handsome collection on Steam Sale but found I can't transfer my characters from PS4 as I thought. Guess I should look at some mods but I might polish off the last 3 levels on Athena.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Playing BL2 because it was free and if BL3 isn't updated the game will be garbage.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

don't remember, has gearbox said anything about making fast travel more convenient in 3? restarting at the beginning of a level can be annoying.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rinkles posted:

don't remember, has gearbox said anything about making fast travel more convenient in 3? restarting at the beginning of a level can be annoying.

you can travel to questgivers and fast travel points on your current map with a click

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

you can travel to questgivers and fast travel points on your current map with a click

good, but are fast travel points going to be as sparse? you know the problem, you gotta turn off the game for whatever reason, and when you get back you lose all the progress you've made on that map.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rinkles posted:

good, but are fast travel points going to be as sparse? you know the problem, you gotta turn off the game for whatever reason, and when you get back you lose all the progress you've made on that map.

no idea. this is based on the demo they did, and that only had two areas.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks.

Don't know what changed since last time I played, but BL2's running like poo poo on my PC.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Zero's bore activating is up there among gaming's most satisfying sounds

(also gently caress hyperion hawks)

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
In anticipation of the new DLC, I loaded this game for the first time in 5 years and boy is it much harder than I remember. I guess I'm getting old because I'm having a tough time tracking enemies while the whole screen is exploding with Salvadore's dual Torgue shotguns

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
I had a dream that I was on Randy Pitchford's Alien-themed LA bus tour. The bus went through the rails on a highway and crashed to the ground. I remember thinking before waking up, "I guess this is what dying feels like."

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RVWinkle posted:

In anticipation of the new DLC, I loaded this game for the first time in 5 years and boy is it much harder than I remember. I guess I'm getting old because I'm having a tough time tracking enemies while the whole screen is exploding with Salvadore's dual Torgue shotguns

I couldn’t move my character from 360 to PS4, but I started a new Gaige, abused Buck Up, tons of anarchy, and it’s not too bad.

I’m doing some DLC in normal at 37 and will jump to power through TVHM and get to UVHM and level 80 baby!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Any recommendations or advice for the community patches?

E: can use old characters, right?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 9, 2019

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Rinkles posted:

Any recommendations or advice for the community patches?

E: can use old characters, right?

Yeah, unless something goes horribly awry, community patches should work with existing characters no probalo.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
When does the DLC go live? Steam is still showing zero sign of its existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Well they havent officially announced it yet, so some point around then ah' spose'.